Jorja and the Campaign

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by T'Bonz, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

I have to say that while any campaign like this is well intentioned, in this case, it is also meaningless.

If the interviews that Jorja Fox gave are any indiction, the show didn't "fire" her, rather, she chose not to resign a new contract at the rate offered, she said something in an interview like "no, not at that price". Essentially, she was the only one that didn't resign and wanted more money to do the same work everyone else had agreed contractually to do at the offered rates.

Protesting to the network is meaningless. They aren't in a position to overpay Jorja to work compared to other actors on the set. If you want to protest, you should be sending mail to Jorja and her agent suggesting that they remember that getting paid 2.4 to 3 million a year to be an actor is a freaking good paycheck that almost any of the rest of us would about kill to have.

It takes two to tango, and I can't agree with any campaign that doesn't address the true sources of the problems.

2. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

Part of the point of the campaign is just to show Jorja how much people will miss her if she leaves and how much her fans love her. If she does leave, and it's her choice, there's nothing we can do about it, but we can try.

3. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I don't think the campaign is useless and meaningless.

The meaning of the campaign is to show Jorja how much her fans love her, and would like to see her remain on the show. If it's her choice to leave, I doubt /we/ will be able to change her mind, but at least we showed her we cared enough to try.

She didn't accept the raise because she didn't want her contract extended to the end of Season 8, which is smart..

I'm not going to comment on her interviews, because every interview she seems to do is very misleading. I believe she will be staying.

Even if a 2.4 to 3 million a year paycheck is pretty friggen good... In the movie/TV industry it's pocket money. And I believe every actor should get a good reasonable amount of money, especially for Drama shows. The hours a teacher, secretary, or bus driver, etc. are nothing compared to the hours put in to make a TV show, or a movie.

To Jorja, the money obviously doesn't mean that much too her, she enjoys acting! Or she would have accepted that raise years ago, don't you think? This time, I doubt the contract issues are anything about money, it's about wether or not she wants to stay, and that's really just up too her.

Many, many fans are sending letters to Jorja, and her agent, but are also sending letters to TPTB. I think it's sweet, touching, and very well thought out. I would support it for any actor that I enjoyed seeing on my TV week in and week out.

What is the true source to you, that they aren't targetting in this campaign? I believe they've targetted everyone surrounded by Jorja... And from what I believe, TPTB don't mind. They've taken pictures with the balloons that were sent, Jorja has personally emailed the founder of the campaign, and David Rambo has also emailed saying that it's brilliant (or something along those words.)

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I wrote the same thing, basically, in another thread, but here's my take on things:

If it's her choice to leave, ok, cool. Hopefully she'll just know how much she's loved.

If it's not her choice, and it's TPTB's, hopefully they'll get how much we want her on the show.

Either way, I just feel happy knowing that I'm a part of something that'll let an actress who I really respect for her talent know that she's appreciated by her fans. :)

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Do not forget they get royalties for all those reruns, they are all set for life!

I do disagree that the network should not treat the actors badly, but salaries on hit tv shows can become an issue if they are not controlled. Her interviews are pretty clear, she didn't sign because it wasn't enough money. Also, the reason she makes less isn't because of CBS, she choose the pay cut to only sign for a year instead of two. I know i have seen a lot of comments (not necessarily on this board) about how CBS is treating her badly because she isn't making as much as everyone else. Well, it kind of is her own decision, not CBS. We can't say exactly why it isn't enough, not necessarily ego or greed, it just could be its not enough to be worth another couple of years. We just don't know.

I personally think anyone who leaves a hit tv show is on crack :lol: David Caruso comes to mind...Tv shows don't last forever, you might as well run with it while its good. As for becoming repetitive, ok, seriously they should become real scientists, they will never complain about repetition again. Anyone who has worked in a molecular biology or any biological science lab will know what i am talking about.

Here is the way i see the campaigning. It is overly aggressive, and it doesn't make sense. I understand writing letters and emails about how much you like Jorja and appreciate her to show support. Even sending the ballons and flowers is nice. However, the message is 'Keep Jorja on CBS' and is focused on campaigning towards CBS re-signing her. This doesn't make sense, because they did want to sign her. From all the articles and direct quotes from her, it sounds like she is the one who wants to leave.

Also i was under the impression that the money campaign was to symbolize the raise that she deserves. They did offer her one, but she didn't take it...so really it isn't CBS's fault. Not to mention i find that raising money to keep an actor on a show is kind of sad, i hope that money is put to charity. There are so many other reasons to campaign...to help people in need. This is just a tv show.

Not to mention the biggest reason this is kind of overkill. We don't even know if she is leaving. This could be just a ratings stunt, and the fans are falling for the trap. Then it will just be a waste of time, money and energy. Typically these campaigns run when a network wants to drop a show or an actor, but not when an actor themselves want to leave.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I really, really doubt that this is a fake-out.

7. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I am really really hoping she isn't leaving though a part of me starts to believe she is. It just doesn't sound like a fake this time so I am not quite sure what to think.I do support the campaign but thats basically because I just would like to see Jorja on CSI and because she just makes CSI worth it for me even more.
    I am not quite sure that when (if) she leaves its her own choice. If it is, I will support her all the way. if it isn't.. I will back her up all the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.