Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm just posting this in response to a couple of points that have been posted. :)

I think you're referring to me. But I said it's possible that the partying, drinking and drugs thing as a whole may be being misinterpreted. I don't think he's out drinking and partying, despite ordering the alcohol, my spoiler sources don't really indicate that getting trashed and partying is really his plan. As for the drugs, well I've mentioned that below:

Again, this has come about in reference to something I originally suggested, which wasn't a spoiler and was mere speculation. I can't work out why he's hallucinating, unless a) his drugs are having that effect (which I didn't think they would have, although I don't know much about them), b) someone slipped something into his drink at the bar or c) he's also on something else. The spoilers don't suggest that he's been slipped something, I just thought that as there is a dodgy barman, it's possible.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I still don't see where the idea of Grissom with someone else is coming from.

Any thoughts on the new spoilers for Hello Goodbye?

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I agree - it seems pretty clear that Warrick just mixed up his meds with alcohol and hallucinated, not that he's going out to get trashed. He likely is ordering expensive champagne as a cover to look like a high roller.

4. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Over on Elyse's site, I read that in tonight's episode, Sara still has a cast and that next week she's still wearing a sling but no cast. I take this to mean that tonight will take place right after her kidnapping and that next week the show will jump ahead to "current" time.

This may mean that Sara's got permanent damage to her wrist/entire arm. She did a lot of violent tugging trying to get free, which could have resulted in torn rotator cuff, etc. A permanent weakness requiring her retirement as a CSI could be TPTB's "clever" way to write Sara out of the series.

5. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

^^ It's not a permanent thing. In the Spoiler Picture Thread there are pictures of Sara and Grissom and she doesn't have a sling.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

From CSIFiles news section.
    It is reported that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation will be introducing another new female character to the show. It has already been revealed that CSI will have a new forensic investigator named Veronica Lake (Jessica Lucas), but this other new character will not be a member of the CSI team. Instead, she is an ex-mob wife in her early forties. She and her son are in the witness protection program.

7. f_f_O

f_f_O Prime Suspect

I just hope CSI isn't pulling an E.R... saving a character, having their life fall apart, and then having a helicopter fall on them.

Don't get me wrong: I want Sarah to stay. But if she is leaving, I'd rather see a dignified scene ala M*A*S*H then a drawn-out destruction ala E.R.

Is there any possibility she is staying, but in a lesser capacity? (ie. like Greg in season 1?)

8. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

ffo, I think that they specifically won't kill Sara off as in "dead", but move to make her invisible. Either just the shift thing, or more likely quitting and moving away or getting a job in another jurisdiction. Jorja Fox seems to have made it clear that she is in for about 5 or 6 episodes and then she is done, she didn't renew her contract.

She may find herself in a different frame of mind 6 months from now when she has no steady income to work with. I wouldn't be shocked if the rest of the cast members sign on to do seasons 8 - 10, say, that she decides to come back at some point.

However, it is also clear that she hasn't made great friends with the people running the show, so there is potential that they do something VERY fatal to her to end the discussions outright.

9. MegBreanne

MegBreanne Police Officer

^^ Could you please tell me in which article Jorja seems to have made it clear that she is leaving after five or six episodes? So far, I haven't seen anything other than speculation.

I won't get into my POV on the subject because I think there is only so many times any number of people can say it . . . I will just say that as of the moment, I'm staying positive (or trying to) that she isn't leaving, that is just a bunch of media hype, and that until something concrete happens, I'll consider it rumor . . .

But I'd still like to know where the article came from, 'cause I like to be as up-to-date as possible . . .

Thanks in advance.

10. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

this article (scroll down the page a ways to find it)

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Pretty much makes it clear that Sara is out the door soon, and she was very clear that she couldn't talk about it RIGHT NOW, but could shortly. "Hello Goodbye" is apparently the swan song episode.

11. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

Um... seriously, are you going by what aussiello said? Didn't he say that Sara was going to die too? I know that other people said she was leaving too, but nothing I've read about her leaving has a reliable source. Of course she couldn't talk about it then, and of course she'll be allowed to talk about it once the episode's aired. That still doesn't mean she's leaving the show for good.

12. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Well, some nut with bad spelling skills is over on the CBS CSI boards saying that this "Jorga" leaving is just another trick. To summarize, the person knows somebody whose husband is a CBS writer who drinks with a CSI writer, and "Jorga" will only be contractless for a few weeks, then will sign a new one in November, come back in spring sweeps (pregnant), and the last show will be a cliffhanger : Pink or Blue? Meaning that they are rushing her to the hospital to deliver.

Just throwing that out there, not to ruin anybody's night! ;) But who the hell knows? They milked the contract suspense once, and they might do it again.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't believe everything what Michael Ausiello said. Let me tell you about him, he do not like Jorja, George and CSI. He alway make remark about them want more money, but they don't want more money. He know how to make the fans tick off. He did the same thing to the third Law and Order, Special Victem Intent or something.

Quit worry, I don't think Jorja is leaving and I still don't. I will wait and see 'till the 8th of Nov.

14. MegBreanne

MegBreanne Police Officer

Thanks Raw_Alex, but I'd actually read the Ausiello report before and thought that it was a new article to which was referred too . . . I'm still not convinced. He did say before the season opener that she was going to die - and we all know how that turned out. I don't trust the man as far as I can throw him . . .

As far as the person at the CBS board claiming that her contacts hubby's friend is a CSI writer . . . whether or not it's true, who knows. But as far as a pregnancy goes - I just don't see it happening . . . not on CSI . . . besides, plans can change between now and then . . . a pregnancy scare, sure, but an actual pregnancy? I don't know . . . it's not exactly a family show, and a baby just wouldn't fit. Why create a family if it's not the shows style to play that aspect out?

All I know is that what Jorja DID confirm in the Ausiello report was that she is under contract now. Which is more than we can say for the end of the last season. Perhaps she's already under a long term contract and the network is just milking it for more than what it is given how the 'dispute' played out the media . . . and given the storyline options that they have with having 'outed' the GSR story, are playing up the "will she leave? Or will she stay?" angle . . . *shrugs*

Nothing is set in stone, as far as I can see . . . could go one way or the other . . .

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually throughout this thread is spoilers regarding her departure (Jorja/Sara), it might take awhile but I am sure you can find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.