"A La Cart" Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 30, 2007.

1. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

i am truly sorry that sara is leaving this show.
    i love gsr, i think it is the best shipper on tv in years.
    do you remember the scene with the doctor, where sara is outside the glass and grissom tells the doctor, we both worked hard gave up on love then someone came in our life to make us believe, but i could not risk it, and sara hears that speech, i loved it. i am so sorry that jorja fox could not reach a contract with TPTB. i hope there is an outlash demanding her coming back.
    I love all the GSR scenes and I loved ecklie getting frustrated over it.
    I am so happy the relationship is 9 years old, not 1 .
    What good writing.
    I will miss GSR terribly.

2. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

I was a little confused about what was being said by Sara and Grissom in the car. What exactly happened nine years ago?

3. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Visit Here to find out about a letter writing etc campaign to keep Jorja.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

seattle, we've been asked to keep the campaign off of the main boards.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The campaign for Jorja/Sara can be discussed in the thread set up for it. Thank you.

6. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

This felt like old-school CSI, thre were cases that actually required some pondering and experimenting in order to get solved. Wow!

Loved Brass, the man just rocks my socks.

The B-plot seemed rushed at the end, a better timing would have made it more believable. Because a man just up and confessing seemed forced. Like they wanted it to end to ge to the GSR?

The motive for the B-Plot seemed a little skewed IMHO.

But the fact that Warrick was in the episode baffled me; can this be true - he's still working at the lab?

I loved the fact that the A-plot was an accident. Refreshing really.

And I finally recognized the old Grissom in the scene with Mr. Wibbly, Nick and Greg. Long time no see, man!

If they can keep this up, despite the ending of the train-wreck romance, I might even watch more eps before 8.08. Not stellar - but totally enjoyable.

7. f_f_O

f_f_O Prime Suspect

I liked the cases, they were both good old CSI fun. But the underlying tension was a little heavy.

I did have lots of other thoughts on the episode.
    Then I saw Grisson's hat at the end of the show. :eek:

8. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

I agree that it was more like a good old CSI case, even if not much happened in the episode...

Im kinda tired of the GSR crap, I don't know where this will lead but I'm tired of it and I hope the writers will do their job for the next episodes. As for Yobling, well, I won't complain, mostly because Warrick deserves more screentime, and if the only way to do it is having him teaming up with Cath most of the time, I don't mind the flirting. After all, Yobling was common in the first seasons and didn't disturb anyone :D

Overall, a cool episode, nothing fantastic but cool. And I liked the end, pointless but fun, it was good to see the whole team NOT at work :)

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Along with some of the things people have mentioned as being related to past episodes...I also was reminded of the silly girls from "Evaluation Day" and did a double take to make sure it wasn't them.

The new detective...I liked him...thought he was a bit tough. And yes, he reminded me of Lockwood.

When Nick took off after that guy he kind of made a Grrrr sound like he did when he chased the scent dogs in "Too Tough to Die".

Loved the Ricky Bobby line.

Thought Grissom and Sara got off pretty easy unless they haven't stated what's going to happen with them.

TWO people at work asked me where on earth it was that Sara said she was going (swing shift). One of them thought she said Switzerland!

And did anyone notice the weird guy in two scenes wearing a CSI vest and taking evidence on the dining case? Who the heck was that? Did he win a contest to be in the show or something?

10. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

I think Sara considers it possibly when they first were, umm, physical. Grissom may consider it the first time he saw her.

What most people didn't notice is that even Sara's answer is a bit of a problem: 2 years. So, go back to, hmm, start of season 6? End of Season 5? That in itself is pretty freaking creepy.

11. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Please also note, while this may not be the right place to mention this, CSI once again blew Grey's away in the overnights. Already stories forming up over the "fall from Greys"

12. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

Whoa! Thats awesome!!!!

I personally liked the CSI epi last night. I thought that the A-plot was really good but the b-plot was a little bit lacking. Like the fact that people eating with scewers in the dark would have come out with some sort of wounds from the pointy ends! That made no sence to me. I mean, I can barely eat of a sqewer in broad daylight for goshs sakes! haha

I did think that the whole GSR car thing was cute but even though I am a GSR fan, some of that part seemed like it wasn't really nessesary. I was sad to head Sara is swiching...but if GSR is concluding this season, and she is swiching so they can be together...then why the hell is she moving!!!! I mean, It makes no sense!

Anyways, thats my feelings on this epi

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking post, please feel free to continue the discussion. Thank you.

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

We don't know how Ecklie found out. It was never explained.

I had the same question you did after I saw this episode. Grissom only announced his love for Sara to Catherine, Warrick, Nick and Greg, so that means one (or more) of them had to have gossiped about it to the rest of the lab. It would be a hard secret to keep. I can fully imagine all of them talking about it in the breakroom, and possibly Hodges sneaks up on them and overhears. He's such a weasel he'd be the first one to make tracks to tell Ecklie, if only to score some brownie points.

To tell you the truth, I was surprised and kind of disappointed that Catherine didn't let Grissom kmow that she was upset that he never confided in her. She's always been considered a close friend of his, at least we have been led to believe that she is, so I could understand if she was a bit peeved at him for not confiding in her. I figured that Catherine would've blown a gasket.

15. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

I wondered how Ecklie found out as well. I guess the relationship is now just generaly knowledge.

Also I don't think Greg was kidding when he told Nick he knew. Greg & Sara have always been close friends and he probably guessed what was going on.

Nick being annoyed that Greg knew before he did was funny. I guess he hates being kept out of the loop, so to speak.

ON a completely random note, my stepdad is awesome for remembering to record it for me. (I was at work when it was on.)