Danny/Lindsay #19: Clothes Aren't Necessary Or Needed!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by audacity, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abby

Abby Prime Suspect

Hello buddies!
    I’m back! :D I’ve been MIA and at the moment I have a lot of study! :( I’ve missed you so much, but finally I've found the time to pop here. :)

I’ve just seen the video and the pics (thanks dutch :)) and at the moment I can’t stop staring at them. :rolleyes: I love especially the one where Lindsay has that smile on her face that is saying ‘I love you’. ** I love the interaction of these first episodes, because they’re still doing their work, but at the same time they keep show their love for each other in these moments in a cute and funny way. :)

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Oookay, so I just managed to watch the episode. Okay, that's a lie - I saw it a while ago but just never got the chance to come online.

Can I just say how cute it was that Lindsay was so worried for her man and Hawkes? I think I was going all giddy thinking about what she'd do to him when they got home :) And the whole flirty scene we got? Love! "Stop foolin' around!" hahahaha, oh Danny...though I agree, the foolin' around can wait for until their shift ends.

Lindsay looked like an excited little girl when she told Stella about the starfish, hehe, it was so cute! I think she made Danny blush slightly before he told her to get back to work :) I don't think Danny has any problems in conveying to Lindsay how he feels. He's done it in the past so why on earth would it suddenly become a problem now?

Mo my dear. I think our shipmates are getting a little paranoid with this 'bump' thing. I think we need to up the pink fog, cos seriously...I didn't even think about Danny being snappish to Lindsay. My first thought was "awww he's teasing her." and then he grins a little when he steals a glance at her.

I read somewhere that Lindsay's in the lab because it's easier for Anna and her newborn - which makes sense. She's a new mom, don't forget that.

Though...I have to say I'm all up for bump now and happiness later. Kinda get it over with you know? So we can to the good stuff :devil:

3. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

We're not paranoid *whacks Liffy* - we're just weighting the options ;). Besides, this "bump" can also be good *cough* Lindsay moving in to Danny's apartment *cough* - just because we're getting some sort of "bump" doesn't mean 'twill be bad.

*throws a pie at Liffy* :D wubs ya hun.

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ I'm quite curious about that 'bump' too - I'm sure we can handle it! :D

I hadn't been in here since the first little pessimistic posts about Danny's remark popped up :eek: (dentist took out one of my wisdom teeth - I felt horrible :( - all better now :D), but I'm glad everyone's thinking positive thoughts again. :)

Danny just isn't good at handling compliments. I've been thinking about that scene too (while tripping on pain killers) - not knowing that the mood here was already lifted again. Why on earth would he be bothered by her goofing off at work, when just before, while still under water he was goofing off and posing with the figurehead. :)

Yeah! That's the spirit :devil: - and I don't think he'll mind then! :lol:

JenP[/b] - 4x03 "You Only Die Once"]"Wealthy people in Manhattan are robbed, and the clues point to a fancy vehicle" The promo is up on the CBS site - looks like it's gonna be an action-packed ep. And it's not in the promo, but according to earlier spoilers Danny and Lindsay process the crime scene together with Stella - Yes! Lindsay's finally out of the lab! :D And there are also a couple of scenes with D/L in the lab again.

5. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Just had to react! :D

I agree, Stuffy. It certainly can also be a good bump! Lindsay moving into his appartment sounds great, 'cause it'll be a BIG BUMP for Danny having to make place for a woman there! :lol:

But somehow I don't think it'll be a good bump. But I don't think it'll be a BIG BAD BUMP either...They'll just have their problems as normal people do too and then move on....WITH EACHOTHER!

I even like the idea of Danny and Lindsay being normal...without any major problems. We've had those enough now.

Anyway...we're just BOOM!

See you!

6. dl_shipper34

Yeah, same here - I think they're going to have an argument of some sort. Maybe they'll get angry at each other for something and feel they need some "alone time" to sort out their feelings.

Then they'll make up for their bickering later :devil:

We all know it's true ;)

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Okay, don't hit me when I say this, because y'all know how much I love d/l, so believe me when I say this, it's for a good cause.

I personally hope that bump is a bad one. *ducks and hides*

Reason being, I want them to prove to everyone that they can get through something bad together. So far, the bad stuff has happened to them seperately and they've had each other for support. It would do nothing but solidify their relationship when we see that they can in fact work through a problem that effects them both. A little sad perhaps but in the long run, the fluff that comes out of it is more than enough to outweigh the angst. :)

Think about it, relationships that work are the ones where the participants are willing to be patient and work through problems together. I have no doubt Danny and Lindsay can do that, so it would be amazing to actually see and prove that they have more than just a shallow relationship. We'll be able to get the depth of their relationship that no one can deny when it happens :)

Only pink fog pumping is allowed. No one is allowed to shoot me or physically harm me aside from my evil twin cos she never listens to me anyway. Right Stuffy wubs? :)

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*chases Liffy around GutterVille - to give him a big HUG!* :D

I just love what you posted up ^ there. That would be totally amazing. Some kind of big misunderstanding that causes an - what at first seems like - insurmountable 'bump'. And then something even more meaningful happens which makes them realize they really need each other and that they can overcome whatever gets in their way as long as they stick together - AND talk (nudges Lindsay). :)

They will come out even stronger than they already are! BOOM! :D

*huggles her recovered angst* :p

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Oh good, a hug! I thought you were running around with a frying pan...which hurts. If you've never been on the receiving end of one - now you know.

But yeah, I think up to now, D/L is still lacking the fleshy stuff that keeps them together as a couple. We have the bits that make them perfect for each other, we just need the stuff that proves that they are perfect for each other, and I think, that's what the writers are going to do.

It's definately not going to be some short-lived fling, that's for sure if Danny's actions up to present have been any indication. I think whatever bump they're going to come across, it's going to end up strengthening their relationship more than ever. A good bump would just be a little superficial I think. It's not like I'm against fluff, but I need the reality of it. There's only so much happiness a couple can go through before it all becomes a fairytale.

Fairytales are good, but I want a real relationship with D/L, one that goes through both the bad and the good aspects of having a significant other rather than just a partner in bed.

They're definately going to grow closer and stronger! BOOM! :D Glad you agree with me Dutch! Angst isn't all bad, as long as it's placed properly and has a purpose.

10. JenP

JenP Police Officer

But if it's a big bump....don't you think that's too much for the show since last season was already about them for a large part?

Not that I don't like that :D But I just think it won't be smart to do when you're a crime show, there's too much attention going to DAnny and Lindsay. As a few people said in other threads: it's too soapy.

Don't get me wrong here, I want to see a lot of them, but I also realize it's not THEIR show.

Posting this actually made me a lot more curious :lol:

Sleep well!

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

No, I agree that it shouldn't turn into a soap, which is why I doubt whatever bump it is, it can't be too big. CSI:NY is after all, a crime show and now a soap.

But still, I'm confident that the writers will find a way to delegate the episodes so that they can flesh out the other characters too. I'd rather have less good d/l than more bad d/l. Fluff>angst - what's to argue?

12. dl_shipper34

*deadpan* Yes dear.

Y'know what? I hope this "bump" is bad as well. Sometimes to see things in the correct light, you need to overcome some sort of obstacle or challenge. We all know both Danny and Lindsay are tough, so I have no doubt that if they come across some "break in the road", they'll have enough courage to get through it and succeed in the end. If it means that they have to take some time away from each other to work things out, then so be it. As I've said before - relationships aren't always rainbows and butterflies ;)

I understand your point JenP :) and I totally agree - giving them MORE angst would almost seem too much, especially after what happened last season. It could be a bad "bump" but one that doesn't take centre stage.

By giving them a challenge to face together, everyone will see just how much courage both individauls hold, and how they can overcome these obstacles with spirit and bravery.

Remember that warriors are not always found on a battlefield ;)

13. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Okay, seeing as it is the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and I realize that the American one isn't until next month, it got me to thinking about a question for D/L. Here goes:
    Now that Danny and Lindsay are a couple, do you think they would spend the holidays in one of the following ways:
    A: by themselves
    B: Fly to Montana to see her family
    C: Stay in New York and see his family
    D: get together with the team.

What does everyone think? And are there any more options I left out?

14. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Loved wednesdays episode! I thought that Danny was going to be the one that was going to be trapped, but this was just as good. See how angsty I am? :lol: Lindsay's line was cute, and how Danny responded was even cuter. He didn't want to hear her praises, he did probably hear them later that night though... :devil:

hugs to all you shippers!

15. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

"It's finally Friday, I'm free again, I've got my motor running for a wild weekend! It's finally Friday, I'm outta control, forget those workin' blues and let the good times roll!" :lol: *Mo skips in, singing her favorite Friday song and passing out cookies as she twirls!* :D
    Hello all my lovelies! Happy Friday evening, my favorite time of the week I think (well other than Wednesday nights from 10-11pm...of course!! ;) )

Mmmmmm, I think she most definitely did! And I am SURE he had no obections or problems with her doing that! :devil: In fact I bet he let her goof off a whole lot later to make up for not being able to in the lab... :devil: Awww my lovely gutter brain...it's funny how so many words automatically become naughty once I associate them with D/L...."Pool Table" "Boom" "Goofing off"...all will now forever cause me to giggle like a naughty little girl! :devil: :lol:

I know isn't that one gorgeous! It just makes me happy to look at it...they say a picture is worth a thousand words and I'm pretty sure if you turned that picture of her with that smile on her face toward Danny into words...it would be "I love you" repeated over and over and over! :D *Sigh!* It's just so sweet and affectionate and full of...well, yeah love! Yay! :D

*Mo happily grabs the fluffy hose and enthusiastically starts spraying pink fog over everyone and everything in the whole thread!* Yeah Liff I thought the exact same this as you when I saw that scene the first time, it totally made me grin and I thought how cute that he was teasing her! The look on Danny's face was totally the same look he always has when he's trying to tease someone but keep a straight face about it...which he can never really do by the way, as we can see by his little adorable half smile after he looks back at Linds!

Yeah that's what I think too...I mean look at the way he ducked out it when Hawkes thanked him...he just brushed it off and made a joke about it, I think that's just how Danny works. He'd rather not have lots of attention on him, not to say he doesn't like affirmation, cuz I think he does, but it probably makes him a bit self conscious is all....does that make any sense? :lol:

*Mo grabs the nearest frying pan and raises it....then sees there is indeed more to the paragraph that Liff wrote instead of just those traitorous words, and so lowers said frying pan...for now...as she reads on...*

*Surprising herself, Mo puts the frying pan down and finds herself nodding...* (Do you like how I'm responding here in the third person... :rolleyes: yeah I'm a dork!) Anyway! I actually can agree with you on that! I was ready to clobber ya, I'll admit, after reading that you want the bump to be bad, but your reasoning does actually make sense! And while I do NOT wish bad things for our couple, and I most definitely do NOT want them being pushed apart even for a little while...I do very much like the idea of them facing a "Bump" or something hard together and moving past it by working together on something and through something like that.

Now that I definitely agree with! That would be the one good thing to having them go through a bad thing, would be that we would get to actually see the depth that we shippers already know exists in their relationship! I would be okay if the writers made it a bad "bump" like that, where it was something that drew them closer to eachother as they worked through it. But that said, I think it would have to be something not between them personally...cuz I think that would be too much after all the fighting they had to do to get them together...(PTB that means NO cheating storylines!! *scowls!* ) I think if it were something like Louie comes back and causes another issue for Danny and he and Linds have to work through it together or something like that...where it's a "bump" that's bad but not for their relationship that would be better...and less likely to take over the show and turn soap opera-y too...ya know? Does that make sense...what do you all think?

Again definitely agree! Like we've all said before, if this were just a "fling" and not something serious I think both of them would have been gone a long time ago...Danny wouldn't have trekked cross country for her and she would have had him on his pool table and been done with him, but both of them are still there and are definitely in love and serious about this! *Squeeee!* :lol:

Mmmmm, good question! I was just thinking about this too...which is funny! ;) And I think that I would have to go with...
    C: Stay in New York and see his family. For a couple reasons...I have it in my head that while they were in Montana, D/L visited her family and he at least got to meet them already, so it would make more sense for her to have a chance to meet and spend a little time with his family. Plus I don't see either of them wanting to travel a long ways at this point...I don't know why exactly, it just makes sense in my head! :lol: But yeah, I think they'd go to his family's...and I for one, would LOVE to see that in an eppy! :D :D

Okay my dearies...I'm off to go have some Friday night fun...not sure what, but whatever I do, it's Friday night, wohoo!! :lol:

*Mo grins and waves and shimmers off in pink fog surrounded fluffy bubble!*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.