Grade 'The Deep'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 3, 2007.

1. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I should probably dust off my mod pants and ask you not to drop the F-bomb in PG-13 land, but I'm far too entertained at the moment. That was awesome.

I gave it a B.

The storyline utterly failed to hold my attention. It's the small things that made this episode enjoyable. I really love the character moments that differentiate NY from the other installments in the franchise.

Danny and Hawkes work well together and it's about damn time Hawkes saw some screen time.

I really liked the story Danny told about going out in the row boat with his brother. I appreciate any references to Louie and really wish TPTB would do more with that. However, much as I appreciated that little story, it is by no means enough to make up for not following up on RSRD.

So far the D/L stuff hasn't grated on my nerves too badly. Danny doesn't seem all boyfriendly and is going about business as usual, so at this point the romance doesn't appear to be a distraction this season.

Lindsay's character never fails to be unsympathetic though. As LaGuera points out, it's always gotta be about her. Two of her colleagues were placed in harms way and her reaction is all about her. WTF? "I felt so helpless." Blah, blah. Who cares what she felt? How about asking how her boyfriend felt? He was the one who was down there. And then she kept giving Danny those damn needy looks. "Oh no, you had a rough day at work, honey. Come here and comfort me." Maybe she could have let Danny know how much he means to her, instead of looking to him for affirmation.

Stella - Run fast, that Drew dude is creepy!

2. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

The case was very boring, but the rest of the episode made up for it. B-.

3. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

B from me........got a bit bored although my attention picked up when they mentioned the bomb.

I think Mac and the suspect was a mixture of 9/11 and marine training. Remind me not to get on the bad side of Gary Sinise if I ever meet him.

And when did they mention Louie.....that one totally passed me by despite two viewings.

4. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

The bomb plot was contrived at the end--too short and too late to really have an impact on me. All the treasure hunting and other intrigue was much more interesting. And it looks like Stella is going to get another Stalker. Didn't we already go through this with the artist guy a couple of years ago? WTF?!?!?

And once again, they kept that butchered version of Baba O'Reilly. I've already called CBS Television and wrote letters to TPTB: STOP BUTCHERING BABA O'REILLY! BRING BACK THE MOST IMPORTANT LYRICS OF THE SONG: I DON'T NEED TO FIGHT/TO PROVE I'M RIGHT/I DON'T NEED TO BE FORGIVEN!!!

5. csiviper

csiviper Witness

A freaking +.
    This season the episodes of CSI NY are HOT,HOT,HOT, This episode was extremely good and Stella got herself another bad guy? What is it with her and bad guys, even though they are cute. THe next episode is going to be even hotter and Stella looks so totally GORGEOUS.

6. Nim

Nim Pathologist

A!!!

I really liked this episode!!! :D
    Let me say: not only the main cast is handsome and cool, but also suspects, victims, cops, killers... and this is why I love NY :lol:
    And it's awesome there are all those new gadgets at the lab and on the crime scene!
    Mmm, this episode looks like the old CSI:Miami kind of episodes. Maybe because of all the water and divings :lol:

Danny/Hawkes is LOVE! That duo is perfect :) I love the end scene, when Hawkes thanks Danny for saving his life. Awww!
    Passionate Mac, I like it! Expecially when he's wearing a t-shirt... *drools*
    Stella is even more beautiful, is it possible? :D

The music is amazing, I was SCARED when Danny and Hawkes were on the water!!!

Great episode!!! :) :eek:

7. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I gave it a B+. I would've given it a lower score but those slashy moments forced me to raise my score. :cool:

I liked how Flack rushed over to the docks after he heard what happend. "I came as soon as I heard!" Shows how much he cares for his friends.

I like how Danny was gently teasing Hawkes to make him laugh, and Hawkes' line about being autopsied by Sid.

The end of the episode where Hawkes thanks Danny for saving him was so sweet. Danny: "You'd do the same for me." Hawkes:*pretends to think about it.* Too cute.

Argh, once again Louie gets mentioned, but not in a way that tells us his current condition. Is he still alive or not writers?!

Stella's new beau is not making a good first impression, if he turns into Frankie II I am done with this show.

Why does Lindsay insist on showing off? Mac even called her on it "Why are you giving us a history lesson?" Stella: "Be paitent Mac, it's always worth it." UGH!

Danny really seemed uncomfortable with Lindsay praising him. He rather coldly told her to quit "goofing off and get back to work."

EDIT: And how about Hawkes without his shirt? Okay, so his ribs were covered by bandages, but we got a great look at his arms. Yummy! :D

8. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

I was entertained (which I think is really supposed to be the point of the show, even if I forget that sometimes) but not blown away. My best analogy of the show is this: the first half of the show was peanut butter on white. The second half was ham on rye. Separately I enjoy them. When you put them together I was "wtf?".

I loved the interactions between Hawkes and Danny. Well, Hawkes in general. I could see the reasons for having Mac kind of loose it with the suspect, but I think Danny would have more likely not only shut the door, but also closed the blinds. But Flack saved the day, so it doesn't matter (yes that is a little sarcasm).

Felt the DL scene in the lab was a little awkward. I really feel that the writers tend to phone in some scenes more than others. Was happy to see Louie and Danny's family mentioned even if the smallest crumb.

Stella, Stella, Stella. Why can't you just shoot the next creep before he goes completely nuts on you? *bang* "I'm sorry, I thought that was a gun, not a coffee cup!"

Where was Adam? Seriously? I didn't realize I was a member of his fan club until last night. I missed the little nerd.

I only got a couple of pats from the SO alongside, "just remember temporary suspension of belief". Thus, I am giving it a B.

9. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I guess when Lindsay said spoke of being helpless, I saw it as her way of conveying her concern for him and reaching out. Honestly, I thought it was actually anything a fairly normal thing to say ... she was trying to relate to Danny. Danny seemed - both with her or Hawkes - uncomfortable discussing it. I think Lindsay was trying to bridge the gap between him, relate to the situation - this is how I felt, how did you feel? - and maybe try and get him to talk about it. After that comment, she asked about Hawkes and complimented Danny on his heroism. I just didn't see it as being self-absorbed. My two cents!!!

10. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Notice she said she felt helpless before asking about Hawkes. Shouldn't she have mentioned Hawkes first, and then(if she really had to) said how worried she felt?

11. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Honestly, I think she probably already knew Hawkes was okay - it was likely common knowledge that he wasn't badly hurt. When Danny and Lindsay had their conversation, I think she was trying to get him to talk about what happened, and when it seemed like he didn't want to emote (Guys usually don't, lol), she moved on. Just my opinion, I'll shut up now, lol.

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I don't know if I would call getting pinned under a metal beam and almost drowning "not badly hurt". He was lucky to have come out of it with just a cracked rib, but he was looking pretty awful after they pulled him out of the water.

Lindsay should have asked about him first, or made some mention of him first, or even asked Danny if he was okay first before going on about how helpless she felt. She still managed to come off as helplessly selfish at that moment, as she did during "Snow Day".

13. audrina

audrina Police Officer

A hairline fracture (accd to Hawkes) and broken rib are not serious injuries, and by the time Danny and Lindsay were chatting, that was likely common knowledge. Could Hawkes have been hurt worse? Was he lucky he wasn't? Yes. But was he "badly hurt?" No.

Lindsay knew Hawkes was OK. Her focus at that time, I believe, was trying to talk to Danny about what happened. Kind of, "I felt helpless, how did you feel?"? Okay, I'll really shut up now.

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

ARGGGH...cbs innertube still hasnt posted the episode!! anyone know a place where i can find it?? its driving me crazy.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I gave this episode a B+.

Drew Bedford is sooooo creepy. He screams stalker, getting Stella's calling card and 'bumping' into her at the coffee stand. WTF? Stay away from him Stella if you know what's good for you! Stella is a strong, capable woman...I just hope TPTB stop foisting off on her creepy, no good men.

Ah, Lindsay, Miss Self-centered,the show would be better off without you at all.

I loved the scenes between Danny and Hawkes. I especially found the scene involving the 'life flashing before your eyes' conversation so hilarious...Hawkes seeing Sid doing his post-mortem. What a riot! :lol: :D :lol:

As for Flack, I'm glad he has more screen time. He totally rocked! :devil: :lol: :devil: