Grade 'The Deep'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Second episode of the new season! :cool: What did you think of it?

2. serenat

serenat Victim

Quite a different type of episode, I really liked it, action and science, interesting combination.
    serena

3. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Really liked this episode, epxecially loving the previews with Flack in wifebeater.

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I wasn't terribly fond of this episode. There seemed to be no motive of why the two suspects (made within the first 15 minutes, natch!) went after the commissioner. Did anyone else catch that? B-

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Danny and Hawkes were good together, Hawkes and Sid were good in their scene, Hawkes, Danny and Flack were good in their scene; Danny and Hawkes were good at the end...

Basically, I enjoyed the little character moments between the guys more than the case itself. I'll have to watch again to even understand everything about the case.

However, I'm not feeling that Drew guy. He took the card Stella had given to the other guy (during the course of a murder investigation, no less) to follow her? Sorry, but no. That's creepy already.

Also, yay for a little story about Louie. However, this does not count as continuity for "RSRD", writers! Don't expect us to be happy with that--it didn't say anything about how Louie is now.

More thoughts after a second viewing. Maybe I'll do another 'comment as I watch' list like last week. ;)

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

A+ :D

I really liked it! I don't read the ny spoilers anymore, and that helps a lot. I didn't even know about the bomb, wow :eek:

Poor Hawkes, that was cute with him and danny though...

It was good to hear danny talk about his brother...

I really don't want to die underwater, yikes!

I liked the part about the rare locus, because that is definatly true...some loci are common among ethinic groups, but rare in others, especially if there is little migration and immigration in that country...

Whoah, mac lost it, i hope that is part of the continuing storyline...

Overall, really good!

7. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

I gave it a solid A. It was one case again (that we've been asking for); it kept my interest, had enough red herrings to make you think and although it was a political issue as motive, that sorta stuff does happen. I found the NY things interesting, such as the sinking of the subway cars to make a reef and the shots of various NY locations.

And I won't even mention the comment Danny gave Lindsay about goofing off at work. Heh! :lol:

8. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

True, the character interactions are what saved this episode. The ones between Danny, Flack and Hawkes after the water scenes (don't want to give too much away ;) ), Mac losing his cool... again (can't wait to see if there are consequences to that!). It will be interesting to see where they take this. And Sid getting grossed out during an autopsy was awesome! But the grade remains the same ;)

9. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I agree with Faylinn that the character moments made this episode, not the case. My head was spinning between the fake coins, some UN dude they wanted to off, and the various sealife floating about (okay, bad pun, sorry).

I really liked Danny and Hawkes working together, along w/ Flack in the mix. Just shows what can happen when you mix up investigative pairings. Loved Hawkes joke about Sid flashing through his mind.

I also liked the mention of Louie ... hopefully this little bit of nostalgia is not the sum and total of what they have planned for Louie this year.

Um, where was Adam? He was prominent in eppy 1, obviously big in last year's finale, and he does a total disappearing act in this one? They should have at least had him pop his head in ... maybe he could have been the one to discover the coin was fake. Oh wait! We had to introduce a new himbo for Stella! Shoot!

Anyway, not a bad eppy. Liked the drama of Hawkes being trapped. Too many plot elements - treasure, assassination, Mac's stuff, etc.

10. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I liked the episode. I thought it was a good mix of action and science. But the actually case was hard to follow. Why did those guys want to kill the commissioner?? did they have a reason.

I also liked the story about Louie. But its deffinetly not enough. although he's obviously still alive. I mean if my brother had died recently I wouldn't be telling a sotry like the one Danny told or in such a casual way.

Don't like Drew. I little to creepy right out the gate. I thought he was supposed to be a little off but not this much. I mean he's kind of stalking Stella. Don't like him.

Biggest problem with this episode no Adam?? where was he?? did I miss him??

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I enjoyed most of it, although they're doing that credibility stretching thing again I think...real police officials are probably more specialized than they're showing us and don't know everything about every police job. Interesting that Danny is apparently SCUBA trained. *would love to try that herself*

Poor Hawkes *squishes him but gently*

Ack, Drew....stay away from Stella lol
    I'm not crazy about the boyfriend storyline...partly cause she'd be really cautious after Frankie and partly cause I'm a huge Smacked fan

I think maybe people complained about CSIQ cause they're not asking questions that give away the ending to some of us (not me)the way they did last year.

Extra points for Mac in short sleeves and sunglasses *drool*

Next week we're gonna need drool buckets and towels all around...TuxFlack is in the house *g*

I'll say A

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Are asking what the motive was? The commissioner was presenting a report about Iraqi insurgents, who are supported by Albania. These where albanian students.

It was a great episode. It had science, action and character interaction. This is what all of the better shows have. It would be fun to see more interaction between Flack, Danny, and Hawkes. The discussion between Stella and Mac about the mysterious caller was kind of understated. Most people would be freaking out if the caller called them in London and New York.

The interrogation scene may have made Mac look like he was turning into a bad cop, but it may have been his marine training kicking in. It brings up the point that the terrorist are different from most criminals. Where do you draw the line when dealing with them? What if the more civilized methods don't work? How does everyone else stop the terrorist without becoming like them? The look on Danny's face was priceless. He looked like he was about to mess his pants. :eek: I want more episodes like this. I would rather see political intrigue than rich people and celebrities. Next week's episode looks better than the spoiler's description.

13. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

As usual, CSI:NY takes a downturn in its second week, but not as precipitous a plunge as it usually does. The case was dull and rancid as the East River water, and the OMG terrorist plot was tacked-on, but-and this is a big but-there were nods to continuity, and once again, the one-case format highlighted team cohesion.

The continuity isn't surprising when you consider that Mac is involved. After all, Mac is, as Zuiker pointed out, the show's "stud". Naturally, the bulk of meaty storylines would fall to him. However, it was a refreshing change in light of the show's celebrated history of dropping characters and plot threads into voracious black holes. Dr. Giles? Poof. Jane Parsons? Poof. Chad? Poof. Pino? Poof. Dr. Zao. Poof. Hawkes' mysterious extra shifts? Poof. Continuity on NY is sporadic and incidental, like gas after a bowl of fava beans. It might happen, and if it does, it usually stinks.

TPTB gave a half-assed nod to Danny continuity with his mention of Louie to Hawkes. Still no definitive resolution to his fate, though. I suspect that the answer to the Louie question is their ace in the hole for the next big ratings slump.

I did love Action!Danny and his rescue of Hawkes, but my favorite moment of the night was Flack racing to the scene to check on his beloved nerds. Something tells me he left rubber on the road, but in typical Flack fashion, he covered his worry with bluster and banter. ~hugs him~.

Lindsay dusted off her narcissism pants again. Danny and Hawkes nearly drowned, but it's all about her and how "helpless" she felt. Fuck her. Fuck her and her gargantuan ego. It's not about her all the time, and though Lindsay smiled when he said it, I don't think Danny was joking when he told her to get back to work. Could it be that he's fished his stolen bollocks from her yawning chasm in fabled Poontang Gorge?

And Stella. Oh, Stella, where do I start? Bedford is creepy. You know this. I saw your Skeeve klaxons firing at full volume. So, why will we inevitably discover that you met him at the coffee bar? Damn you, writerly contrivance.

B-

Flack looks nummy in a tank top and a tux respectively, but I hope that Barbie is a one-off. Honestly, though, if he's flirting with Angell in episode eight and Devon isn't explained away as a failed experiment, he's going to look like every skeeving himbo jackass whom he's ever held in contempt.

14. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

It was o.k. It kept me entertained for the whole hour ( unlike the other CSIs right now). The story zig zagged too many times for me to catch all of it. I had a handle on it till they threw that Albanian terrorist twist into it. I'm going to have to watch it again to catch everything.

The guy who got Stella's card creeped me out. Stella already had one bad relationship with Frankie. I don't think she needs another one. I could see that she was nervous around him. Go with it Stella. Something's off with that guy.

Action Danny was entertaining to watch. I liked him rescuing Hawkes. I loved Flack rushing over to make sure that Danny and Hawkes were o.k. That was so cute.

Agressive Mac with the suspect was interesting. I get that Mac wanted to find out the information and also that time was short. I agree that it may have been his military training coming out. I partially wonder though if it also has to do with 9/11 and also with the fact that Mac hasn't been getting much sleep because of the phone calls. He seems to be on edge.

As for Lindsey - once again it's all about her. Danny was in danger. Hawkes was nearly killed. Yet, it's all once again about Lindsey and how she felt :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like everyone else said. I liked the character interaction with the team ( except certain members) but the storyline seemed to weave around too much for my taste.

15. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

Not enough Hawkes, but I liked it. My friends and I (yes, they've been converted), joked about Danny and Lindsey's professionalism. I mean, it would be hard for me to get any work done if I'd slept with my HOT co-worker (to say the least).

Can't wait to see what's up with 3:33. :D