Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

and once again . . .

:headdesk: :rolleyes:

2. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

*puts down pillow*

Ah, headdesking. How I've missed you, Lindsay discussions... :D

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Don't feed the trolls, guys, just hit the NM button.

*hits the NM button*

4. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

*sighs* I know, I know, but considering that CSINYMIA000 has made posts in other threads, I was being nice.

For once. :D

5. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

What I do???

I wasnt being offencive. Whats the problem???

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

You, Silencer? Nice? *laughs* ;)

(If the site wasn't so slow, I would have edited my post to add: "by the way, this is more preemptive than directed at posts before mine", especially considering previous examples of how we react when given these same arguments, but my computer is being slow-slow-slow today.)

Back to the matter at hand:

I'm so behind on Heroes, but I adore Hiro! He is such a fun character, but he pulls it off because he's got dimension and you can tell it's intentional rather than being all he can muster up.

7. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

*deep breath*

I think I pointed that out already *points upwards*. Please, try reading the threads and then come back and make an argument? I think most people in here would love to be convinced of Lindsay's undying awesomeness, but so far, nothing we've been given has done it.

Saying that we hate Lindsay because she's in a relationship with Danny is an insult to the intelligence of the people who post in this thread. There are many, many reasons and arguments given out during the course of this discussion, and breaking it down into "you're jealous" just disregards every well-written, well thought-out argument in the 20+ pages that have been written on why we dislike Lindsay.

Edit : Fay - give Heroes a whirl. I don't mean to go off topic in here, but it's easily one of the best shows I've seen in ages. Not all of the characters are perfect, but there's some wonderful writing/acting going on there and I don't think there's one I find frustrating. Hiro alone could teach a lot of shows *cough* some serious lessons about fleshing out your characters - he was a last minute addition and look how he turned out.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

CSINYMIAI000, coming into the thread and throwing out an argumentative statement with no basis like this:

is trolling. It's silly, given that everyone in here recognizes Danny is a ficticious character and many of the arguments in here have nothing to do with Danny, but rather the writing on the show, Anna's acting, etc. If you're actually here to debate the topic, then please, read the arguments and respond to them. But if you're just here to stir up trouble, take it somewhere else. Comment on the topic, not the other posters in the thread. You have one warning for trolling.

9. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Ok ok ok, I take back what i said.

I'm sorry.

I wasnt trying to get you guys mad, or get myself into trouble.

IGNORE WHAT I WROTE BEFORE.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Let's move on.

Hiro is a great example of a character who provides both comic relief and heart to the show he's in. And yeah, Masi Oka is just awesome at that. He's so good at reflecting what he's feeling so that the audience can really be brought along with him.

I think Lindsay was supposed to be that kind of a character, and there are certainly actresses who could have pulled that off. Anna's simply not one of them. If they are taking her back into the lighter stuff for the upcoming season, it's definitely an improvement, but I still think having an actress on a TV drama who can't pull off dramatic scenes is a waste.

11. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

We're not mad, we're more... tired. This is the same argument we got when the Lindsay!Go thread started out a million billion years ago, and I'm still not convinced. Have a read through and come back and give us an argument, a discussion, an interesting conversation. Heck, I haven't watched the show in a while and I bet I can still discuss Lindsay with you. ;)

Editing my post again - sorry Top! (You guys type too fast!) : I find it utterly amazing that Hiro was a last-minute thought, simply because someone mentioned there wasn't a character who liked their powers. It's a testament to Masi Oka just how far Hiro has come, and how much he's loved. I can't say I'm an expert on US TV, but are there many shows where the characters are subtitled a lot? Because that's quite unusual too - he's not American, he doesn't speak a lot of English, and yet he's still adored.

I agree, had they done that with Lindsay, it would have been refreshing and maybe cute. But Anna cannot do it, and Lindsay has a weight, a stodge to her that shouldn't be there. My other gripe is that she needs to be propped up by Danny - Hiro has Ando, but they're friends and equals, and Hiro is still a full character without Ando being there. I would have preferred it had they thrown Lindsay in as a single girl who LIKED being single, and was serious about her job.

12. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Maybe Lindsay should just be the "comic relief" from now on. The fact that she was created to be a main character and is in the opening credits creates problems though.

13. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Problem = she's not funny. And Adam does it better.

14. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

I think Lost was the show that made it okay to have non-American characters speaking in subtitles with Jin and Sun, and now Heroes not only have Hiro and Ando, but also the new twins because they know that the audience don't mind seeing subtitled characters.

Back on topic, bringing Lindsay to the lighter moments seems a good idea now, but how long can it last? Remember when Kim Delaney was removed from Miami because she had no chemistry with David Caruso (and I personally thought her character was too serious for the flashy show)? I had hopes it could happen to Lindsay because she's too light for NY but since the show itself has gotten lighter and I think TPTB doesnt want to lose yet another female character, it wont happen. I love the humour of NY but to me Flack has always been the funnyman of the show - so where does that leave Lindsay?

Oh, and I just want to add my two cents on the success of the original CSI. I seriously think that they continue to draw viewers because they're the only CSI which the original cast hasnt changed. More characters had come, but the main team dynamic persists, something which is somewhat lacking in NY.

15. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Just a few more ramblings about this topic, which seems to never get old... :lol:

As far as I’m concerned, Lindsay isn’t really a part of the team. Her issues tend to be separate of her co-workers. Every emotional problem she had was explained away in Sleight of Hand and I didn’t care about it. The pay off didn’t equal the build up. The writers didn’t even try to make her an asset to the team before they were making her bump uglies with Danny.

-Where when Hawkes was accused of murder and robbery, his team exonerated him.

-When Stella was attacked, her team comforted her.

-When Louie was attacked and Danny stood accused of a 15 year old murder, his team exonerated him and comforted him. Hell, look at what they did for Danny in On the Job.

-Everyone formed a vigil for Flack when he got blown up.

-They even gathered for drinks in honor of Aiden, who had been fired and murdered.

Mac is the glue that holds them together, but someone, mostly Stella, is there to ask about his spirits. No one gives a crap about Lindsay and the one time Stella tried to open a dialogue, she got snapped at. Let's not forget the time Mac asked her about her apartment search and she cut him off because she considered it small talk as she felt his real reason for speaking to her was just to find out the results of some tests. That may be something the writers might want to work on. They didn’t really try to make Lindsay fit.

I wanted to like her but the writing and her execution of their work just horrible. One of the moments that made me not like her was when she implied that maybe Danny didn’t know Mac as well as he thought he had. Yes, Mac being in a band was a surprise to Danny, but saying that he didn’t know his boss in the years that he’s worked under Mac because you ‘stalked’ Mac for the few months you were in New York just annoyed me. Her know-it-all attitude makes me want to scream. I’m not even going to touch when she smeared that gunk on Mac’s lip. I would have punched her out then.

I just keep coming back to two scenes that make me feel this way: Remember at the end of Charge of This Post and Stella said, “That’s what we do… take care of each other.”? Then, Flack said something almost to the same effect to Stella a few episodes earlier in All Access. They help each other out. Lindsay seems to get no love from her 'friends'… :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.