Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That they do!

Why does have we seen so many different incarnations of the character then? I doubt they dislike her the way many do in here, but at best I'd say they're still trying to get a handle on her.

Indeed they did.

Julia, Reese and Cameron must be quaking in their heels. :lol: Anna herself admited her auditon sucked and asked Hill to "tell them I'm not that bad!" Being a nice person, Hill obviously did. And the proof is on the screen: Anna is that bad.

You know, if she actually did that, I think I'd forgive her a lot. She's supposed to bring those things, but there's an underlying coldness to Anna's performance that detracts from the things Lindsay was intended to bring to the show. Where she should be warm, she's cold; where she should be feeling and caring, she's brittle; and where she should be sympathetic she comes off as completely unlikable.

I've even seen people who love her to death admit she's not that good with the dramatic/angry scenes. If "a ton of different things" means some of the light-hearted stuff and processing evidence, then yeah, but that doesn't really fall under a "ton of different things" in my book.

You mean the way they hurridly wrapped up the storyline with no promotion during her pregnancy amid other storylines so her bad acting wouldn't grate as much on viewers nerves? Ooooh, look, Criss Angel and fire! *cough*Lindsay's trial storyline gets finished.*cough* Not enough? Throw Danny in there--who will care about her acting when the show's resident hot babe is in the courtroom?

One episode in, and she was barely in it for three minutes. I think it's definitely an improvement though! Especially in the screentime department. ;)

The promo department is so crazy about her that her storylines never make the promos! The PR department is so crazy about her that they've stuck her in the recurring cast column as opposed to the regulars. The writers are so crazy about her they felt the only way to make her character appealing was to prop her up using the show's most popular character. Oh, yes, they are definitely crazy about her!

I won't be so arrogant to say I just did, but I think you might have to do better than "TPTB love her because she's on the show!" ;)

2. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I'm still steaming over the fact she was nothing more than a plot device(and a lousey one at that) in Snow Day. I know, I know, I'll try to get over it.

We're only one episode into the new season, and while I admit she didn't grate on my nerves the way she usally does I'm still not ready to embrace her. I do like her new haircut though, it's really cute.(See? I can be nice.)

With all the other actors, from Gary Sinse to AJ Buckley, they were able to completely disappear into their characters.

Gary *is* Mac,
    Melina *is* Stella,
    Carmine *is* Danny, etc, etc,

But Anna is never Linday. Her character keeps going through so many changes it's hard to get a fix on her. I know people can be multi-faced in real life, depending on who they're interacting with. I myself am painfully shy around strangers but loud and obnoxious around people I know. That's because I'm more comfortable around them, and I feel I can be more open.

Lindsay's changes don't make any sense at all. In Manhattan Manhunt she complained about being sent to the lab when the crime scene was almost identical to the one from her past. Then she flees the crime scene where there was only one victim, and snaps at Stella when she points out that Lindsay broke the rules, even though Stella first tried to be nice about it.

Back to Manhattan Manhunt: I thought Lindsay made it very clear in that episode that she *HATED* being called Montanna.("My name is Lindsay, Lindsay Monore.") But then she ends up liking it, and even uses it to sign her goodbye note. I don't care how hot a guy is, if I don't like being called a certain nickname, I'm not going to change my mind.

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Top41 has said everything and more. Now that is one home run post! I'm very, very tempted to add something else ... but I won't, for the sake of not causing wank. :p

Ping! That's exactly why I lost interest in her and eventually gave her the Mary Sue title. Mary Sues are just like that. They change according to how the story goes, but they always have to be the 'perfect one' or 'the unbelievably strong-willed person who wows everybody' or the 'victim whom everybody loves'. Sometimes, it isn't even a case of 'or', sometimes it's all of them in one character. ;)

(And, well, I think a certain poster has proven the last one right, hmm? Funny how some of these Lindsay / D/L fans think they know everything and assume things went the way they think they did. It's rather disturbing. In the I-think-you-may-need-some-help-if-you-get-my-drift way.)

Oh, that's a good one. There was literally a scene where Lindsay told Danny off for calling her that, and you could see it on his face that he thought she was waaay too sensitive for her own good. And you're right, her ending up using it herself with the very guy whom she told off for calling her that? That's, uhm, pretty two-faced, man.

4. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Oh, goody. Now I know who to blame.

I really doubt every actress in hollywood showed up for the audition...and keep in mind even she admits her audition was terrible, and she had to ask Hill Harper to put in a good word for her to get the job.

The only things i've ever seen her do is whine about not getting enough attention, swoon over Danny, and act like a know it all sucking up to the boss. Anna is better with ligher material, not angsty storylines. When she was first brought in, she did well with the tough country girl thing for about two episodes, when she became whiny Lindsay. Ater that...i dont think she's done anything well since.

Her history was rushed and shoddily thrown together BECAUSE of her pregnancy. Even if there wasnt a pregnancy, the story was weak...and it had holes. Why wouldn't Lindsay be affected by the room of slaughtered teens in Manhattan Manhunt when her friends were murdered the same way, but she flips at a dead girl's body? And They couldn't just forget to write for her because she was pregnant...what else could they do? Even if the story was shitty, Anna still performed subpar with it. Melina Kanakaredes had a worse story with the Frankie incident in All Access, but she was still amazing with it. Anna fell flat.

[/QUOTE]

Now she's back for season 4 and still doing great. So in my opinion not only must Lindsay REALLY NOT GO, she is absolutely not going to go because the people whose actual job it is day in and day out to make this TV show are crazy about her. Prove me wrong.

[/QUOTE]

They are crazy about her huh? Know them personally, do you?

I don't see how you can tell she's doing great yet....shes only been in what, maybe ten minutes of season four so far? Maybe there is a reason she was confined to the lab for the majority of the episode. As for proving you wrong, i hardly think that any of us are going to change your opinion, so we can't really prove you wrong, can we? Its only your opinion versus ours. In ours, we believe Lindsay is a detriment to the show, because of the writers shoddy writing of her character and because Anna is not the kind of actress that can pull of this kind of show. We've given our evidence by citing episodes, giving examples, etc. We've even taken a look on the other side and tried to figure out what Anna does do well.

All you've done is given us your opinion. Where are your reasons?

5. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I stick by my conclusion that Lindsey's airtime on "Snow Day" is the most useless 5-minutes on TV ever.

Oh she loved it. She was just playing hard-to-get. Psh. Sooooo high school.

The 'perfect one', the 'one who wows everybody'. Lindsey practically failed on both points actually. What does she REALLY bring into the show? Is she the romantic aspect of it? If she is, then she's not THAT important anyway.

Neither of Lindsey's stories had promise to begin with. The mothers thing got trashed and the Katum case was totally irrelevant (nothing but an excuse for Anna's maternity leave). Stella's Frankie thing and the HIV scare were deadly predictable but Melina made it work. I think a better actress would have done better even with the crappy Katum case. All she had to do was sit there and testify... the actual acting was done by the flashback kids for her.

I think the poster is the one crazy about her. Well, to a certain degree, I think TPTB like to keep Lindsey around. I mean, why would they put up with crappy storylines, performances, rapport if they don't like her (for any reason at all, if any). For whatever reason that is, I don't see it so I won't join the bandwagon.

You see, if she DOES NOT GO, is she any good to the show? I think not. Even if she's there, you don't see/notice her. She doesn't bring ANYTHING to the show. She does, however, take something away. Not really the air time but she does take away space/potential for the other characters to grow.

So if she GOES, the difference won't be felt as much. Remember the two-three episodes where she's on leave, was it felt that Lindsey wasn't there? Personally, no. Better interactions between the cast, though haha.

6. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Perhaps I am being slightly ignorant here, but isn't it the viewers that keep a show alive? Because that brings in advertising, etc. Like, if it doesn't get the ratings, it's axed? So really, it doesn't matter a sparkly crap if the people who make the show love and adore Lindsay, because the people who matter are the people who watch it? People like me, who stopped watching altogether because of the giant ball of ineptitude that is Lindsay Munroe? Because it pains me so much, everytime I see her useless scrunch face on my TV, that I'm half tempted to throw a brick at it?

And I'm not the only one. 20% drop in viewers, hi?

7. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I love Lindsay, I like her character. I think the only reason people were annoyed with her last year was because the writers needed to give her (anna's) character a reason to leave because she is preggo. Granted I think the story line could have been done a lot better and made her relationship with Danny a little less juvenile, but I still think she adds to the dynamics of the show.
    Don't hate on Lindsay! I love her, she's such a cute character.

8. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Don't hate on Lindsay! I love her, she's such a cute character.

Which would be great, for a kid's show. CSI isn't. It's a crime show, and it's not always nice. Lindsay should have been a character who could stand on her own, do her job, and be a character in her own right. Instead, she was latched on to Danny, ruined him, had weird personality swings, decided not to do her job on several occasions and failed miserably to deliver serious scenes convincingly. In short, epic fail for a crime show.

A lot of us don't get the "cute" either. We get the "vapid and annoying" instead.

9. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

What if I told you "Don't gush on Lindsay! I hate her, she's such a worthless character!" You probably wouldn't like that, would you? You're allowed to love Lindsay, you're allowed to think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. But you have to understand that not everyone agrees with you, and they're just as entitled to their opinion as you are.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:headdesk: Have you even read any of the posts in this thread?! :confused:

Telling other people they need to have your opinion is not cool. Not even a little bit. :rolleyes:

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

No, people were annoyed with her last year long before the news broke of her pregnancy. You should go back and read a few of the other responses in this thread to see exactly why people are not fond of the character.

Please don't tell me where to allocate my hormonal dislike, thanks. There are -- or used to be -- other threads about other characters who were not well-liked around, so don't think that the vitriol is directed just at Anna. That Anti-Danny thread saw a lot of action back in it's hey-day. :lol:

Darn, I couldn't resist feeding the troll. I am ashamed. :(

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys--let's not get personal here, either with name-calling or telling people what opinions they should have. LpoHeartsNick, feel free to weigh in on the debate, but don't tell others how they should feel about the character.

Silencer, good point about the viewers keeping the show afloat. The fact that viewers have actually stopped watching because of Lindsay and how poorly portrayed and written her character is is worrying. I know you're not the only one she's driven away, Silencer.

13. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

I know I'm not either, Top. I need to set up a Lindsay-leavers support group, obviously, for people for whom Lindsay has completely wrecked the show.

LpoHeartsNick - if you want an example of a GOOD adult character who comes across as "cute" in a believable, genuine way and who can still handle serious and moving scenes - I would reccommend Hiro from Heroes. He's adorable and childlike, yet Masi Oka can still act his socks off in serious or traumatic scenes.

14. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Hey guys.

Heard you guys were talking about Montana.

Personnaly, i don't see whats the big deal.

She an alright character. Smart. Does her job as CSI, unlike Adam who always says- "I got nothin'"( I dont even know why they hired him- he's useless).
    Anyway, Nobody's perfect. Even Cops. doesent change the fact that were human.

I think, if i'm correct, maybe the real reason why she bothers you guys so much maybe cuz she with Messer.I dunno maybe Its a girl thing- to get jelous/envy the girl that with the guy you like.

15. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Not to cause offence, but if you're going to wade into a thread and say something like "heard you were talking about Montana" when her name is in the title, then proceed to give us the ancient and defunct "you all fancy Danny" argument, without reading the rest of the thread or its predecessor, then we reserve the right not to take you seriously.

This looks like you're trolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.