Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Maybe. But, it is just a storyline, even if it does hit close to home. (I never read the TMZ allegations so I'm only assuming it was about Gary and drugs and such?) I'm sure TPTB went through it with Gary to make sure he was comfortable enough to do that storyline. I can't see the writers just writing something so big for a character and not getting the actors input, just to triple check that he's O.K with doing something such as this. Especially if it is related to him somehow in real life.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, I back Gary in the TMZ thing, I just think it's odd that they know that quite a few viewers have seen TMZ's videos of Gary where TMZ is alleging that he's out partying and drinking, and that they would give Warrick a huge storyline about being irresponsible when he's out partying and drinking.

Maybe it's Gary poking fun at it, I just find it odd.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I personally don't think that the episode is about Warrick being irresponsible when out partying and drinking...I think it's possible that the spoilers are being misinterpreted. (Which is why we should always be cautious with spoilers as they aren't clear cut and are subject to change).

My understanding of the episode is that he isn't really out partying, he's following a lead (albeit doing it in an unusual and somewhat unprofessional way). As for the drugs, yes he's doing prescription drugs, which he may well have a prescription for. Although I don't know anything for sure, I personally think the hallucinating will be due to something else...probably having been slipped something (maybe by the bartender). :)

As I've said though, that's just my opinion on the episode.

4. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Oh look... another CSI in peril (drugged?). Just what we need more of.

5. BloodSugar

BloodSugar Victim

My thoughts exactly

6. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

They should date first. ;)
    From the spoilers for epi2, it seems that it could have taken seven years of hanging out before Gil hopped into bed with Sara. The bugman's love is like a cicada, it lives underground for years before crawling up a tree. :D
    But early forties seems way too old for the hypocrite. Maybe he'll hit on the new girl.
    LaSquisita

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As a matter of fact...

8x08 Cockroaches - Listen up Warrick fans, this ones for you!

This case involves everyone but I have little info on the case itself -yet, However good news for Warrick fans! Finally some drama and a storyline. This is an angsty episode for him plus; hold on to your hats! He'll have a sex scene!!! :devil: (and I don't think it's with Tina -for shame)

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Yay for Warrick! I'm excited to see him get angry because Gary does it so well. And a sex scene hmm this could be quite interesting. :devil:

9. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

OOH!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! DID SOMEONE SAY a Warrick sex scene? Haha... Finally, we actually see Warrick on the show again (and I was beginning to think he was a myth...)!

Definitely don't like the idea of the new girl being a love interest for Grissom. First, check out the even more drastic age difference between the two. Second, as others have said, he's not really the type to bed-hop.

A lot of the upcoming eps sound kinda GSR-y... But I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

OK here's the scoop/poop on "808 Cockroaches" Source: [URL REMOVED]

The opening of the eighth episode of the new season sees the cops pursuing a garbage truck which is spewing out papers, and, it appears, two bodies.
    Grissom and Catherine process the bodies, Warrick is given the garbage truck and Greg, to his reluctance, the trail of garbage.
    Brass talks to Jason’s mother, Jessica, and she is later identified as Kate Pezzulo, a mob wife who is in the witness protection programme.

Undersherriff McKeen tells Warrick that he needs to get better evidence for them to proceed against Lou. Grissom had given Warrick a free hand over the case, but seems to be regretting it. Warrick practically accuses Undersherriff McKeen of being in Lou Gedda’s pocket. Grissom tells Warrick to take the night off and to sort out his personal problems.
    Later, Warrick is back at the strip club, watching the girls and ordering expensive bottles of champagne. It appears that the bartender and cocktail waitress remember him from earlier. The bartender switches the champagne, funneling a cheap alternative into an empty expensive bottle.

Warrick isn’t taking the night off, instead he is watching the club. His prescription pills from earlier are identified as modafinil.
    Warrick eventually spots one of the strippers he saw in the club earlier and she’s leaving with a heavy bag. He tells her to drop it, thinking it’s a body and she says it all her stuff as she has just quit the club for good, he’s hallucinating. It appears that Warrick and the stripper both end up at the lab/police department. Grissom tells Warrick to go home and sleep it off, but noticing the stripper leave Warrick decides to follow her.
    He’s still hallucinating, and later takes out another prescription bottle containing zolpidem. He crushes a pill and rolls up a twenty dollar bill.

Notes: Modafinil is a drug often described to treat conditions such as narcolepsy and to help people who have shift work sleep disorders. It basically helps you to stay awake. Zolpidem is a prescription drug used to treat insomnia.

*Edited: Due to copywrite problems and Spoiler rule length this has been shortened Please see the link provided for more information.*

11. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

so... what? the newly single Grissom? Grissom and Sara break up?... intesting. really excited to see how it plays out.

a new character?! this isn't loooking good for our Sara Sidle!! *tear tear*

well, they said she's in her forties. Sara was 35.. so the age difference wouldn't be as big.

haha.. i'm excited for this warrick scene!! this season's looking REALLY intesting!!! lmao!!

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm sure I sound like a dork, but where are we reading the upcoming episodes info? Translate that into...um...where do *I* find the upcoming episodes info? :)

13. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Mabye the former mob wife isn't a new girlfriend for Grissom. Maybe she knew Catherine's dead father. Maybe Catherine learns more about her father. Probably things she would rather not know.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thanks for that, wojo. So Warrick isn't a crazy partying drug fiend, he just OD'd on meds to keep him awake. That's a big relief compared to where I thought they were going.

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Thanks WOJO! I agree that this eppy sounds interesting. Someone earlier said something along the lines of it being refreshing to see Gary flex his acting skills, and this seems like the real episode for him to do so.

I'd say, more then likely that this mob wife, Jessica/Kate, knew Sam and its possible that Cath might just more about him.

This sounds very exciting and now I can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.