Sara/Jorja Leaving..... *May contain Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSISidle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

Who ever wants to discuss the leaving of Jorja please put it here. I would like to hear personal opinions and thoughts on this. I hear some people saying she wil be here for the rest but I hear a lot of she is leaving for good. Anyone have anything on this?

Personally I think that she shouldn't leave, because she is my favorite and I <3 Sara! I think she is awesome. I really don't want her to leave but if she does leave then I think she should guest star on some future episodes. Personally I am not positive if she is leaving because since she has not verified it yet and her name is still in the credits. She is also in the season 8 picture! So, I don't think she is leaving, maybe just not in this season as much as previous seasons.

any thoughts?

*edited to amend title for clarity. Thank you.*

2. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Re: Sara *May contain spoilers*

This would be such a shame if Jorja is really going to leave the show. She is , as well as anybody else on the original CSI team, so essential to the show, that there would be indeed a huge gap. I actually don't think they can afford to let such a popular character just leave!!

I found this [URL REMOVED] which credits tv guide as source. I don't know if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it (searching in a rush though). I mean if TV Guide writes it, there must be really something on it.

On the other hand... anybody into Battlestar Galactica? TPTB over there made "Starbuck" aka Katee Sackhoff lie to her parents about her presumed-exit from the show, they made her even disappear from the opening credits after she "died", but then it turned out to be a marketing joke to raise more attention to the seasons finale and the new season and stuff.

I wouldn't completely wash that off my hands as a possibility. I just would wish this turns out to be just a marketing stunt for the show!! Sara ROCKS! :D :D :D

TPTB, don't make us coming over banging your heads to the wall!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

dude, the campaigns and support for our girl over at ytdaw are awesome. they're even doing a fly over campaign tmorrow and thursday. a banner that says something like "keep jorja fox on csi" is oging to be flown over CBS studios at like 10 oclock...i can give you the link to the info if you pm me!
    so much support for our girl. i've sent letters, signed petitions, i hope she gets what she wants, and really hope we get what we want!

GO JORJA!!

4. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

I HIGHLY doubt that also, because of the finale form S7 she brought a HUGE fan base to the show i'm betting for this season

5. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

I think she might actually be leaving the show, it all points to that.

About her leaving, i think:
    1-it will be bad for the show. Ratings will drop. Personally, the show won't be the same for me... i'm a big fan of her. GSR's won't like her leaving, sara's fans won't like it, no one will be very fond of her absence actually. CSI is the whole team, and if one is not there anymore, i think it is a bad sign... i mean, i don't think anyone watches it exclusively because of the science/forensics. There are many other boring copycat forensic shows. Sure we also watch it because of character empathy and thair history togheter.

2- If she leaves, what will happen to GSR? i would hate it if they broke up GSR. In the other hand if they just wrote her off, so she wouldn't be on the show anymore, but would still be Grissom's girl, the least the damage. she could be a regular guest or something... (I MEAN, I'D REALLY HATE IF GSR BROKE UP!! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!) There could not be any good or acceptable way of ending abruptly a relashionship wich took them years to build up, speacially after they showed off thei're really intimate, like a married couple.

3- i hope they don't use the supervisor/subordinate thing as the main excuse for a possible break up. That would be way too weak. I know most companies don't fomment employees affairs, but seriously guys, people meet their soulmate at work so many times!! C'mon! Doctors who are married to doctors, teachers who are married to teachers, bosses and secretaries, chauffers and housekeepers, models and photographers... etc. So in case they intend to break up with GSR, they better come up with a better excuse than that one.

6. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

I agree, the GSR breakup should come from the heart, not from outside.

7. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

Damn, I'm getting warnings(that's the first time in almost three years), but hey this is the last thing I'm gonna do. I joined fansites for the first time and probably the only time in my life because of Sara Sidle(It was a freaking big deal for everyone who knows me). So, well, I'm not giving up without a fight.

Various sources have verified JF's departure in episode 7 or around that time. And some of the sources I have don't sound so good either. It seems very real. Still, I'm hoping over hope that it isn't : (.

As for GSR, for me personally, Sara is bigger than GSR. I care more about Sara Sidle right now....

I am just pissed at tptbs when I think that there will be episodes in near future where Sara will not be there talking with Nick, Greg, Grissom, Warrick, Cath, Hodges, Sofia. They're making it very difficult for me to watch CSI.

8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

from the information out there (if its real) it seems that jorja fox is doing the leaving. if she wants to move on to different projects i wish her the best of luck in the future. if it is true about the salary thing, then all i have to say is suck it up. if ever you want to trade salaries with me, you go right on ahead.

even though i have a favourite character, i wouldnt be up in arms if he made the choice to leave. id be happy for him, maybe hed be in a big screen movie or something. yes theyve done a good job of building team dynamics, but no character has been in every episode and if the writers do their job i dont miss them when theyre gone.

has jorja done a good job on the show for the last 7 years? of course, but her leaving is not the end of the world to me. if the writers keep giving me good story lines and interesting cases they could change out every character on the show and i probably wouldnt mind.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I agree with allmaple if she is leaving because SHE wants to then best of luck in the future, if she is leaving because no decision could be made on BOTH sides of the isle I am sorry to hear it, maybe down the line they can do something that allows here to as some say guest star. If she is leaving for anyother reason other then the two mentioned hmm well what can you do really. -- My favorite character is ALL of them, even :eek: Ecklie (okay he is just dumb funny), and NO character can ever be replaced on the show or in our hearts. But in the end if they want, need or have to move on then I will put aside my feelings and wish them well and hope to see them again soon be it in guest appearances or other projects. I watch the show for all of them (but thats me).

Now on that note, this thread can remain but at the first sign of discussing the "project" that has been made clear isn't allowed on this board we will lock it. As I have said Petitions that ask for only signatures is fine an dandy, asking you to write a letter is fine and dandy, Just keep it to this thread please. But asking for anything other then that (ie money, etc) you know the rule/s and what will happen.

Please, jumping in and saying "I hope she leaves, she sucks" is not a form of constructive Criticism and you will be told that. If your not interested or just want to cause trouble then refrain from posting and save yourself and all of us the trouble of a fight.

For those wondering why we are allowing this to stay, if it means it keeps the discussion strictly based on her leaving in here where those interested will read and post, and keep it out of other threads where they are not, we don't see it as a bad thing, also it would cancel out 50 other threads on the same topic. BUT if its true the actress is leaving, then when her last episode airs, if all is agreeable (this included the powers that be) then we will lock this thread.
    BUT Not before we would allow you to post (for one week) your well wishes and goodbyes. IF she comes to terms with the powers that be and stays then it will be locked and we go back to normal. ;)

10. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

I think Sara Sidle is a wonderful character, she is strong, with Generation X angst and rebellion running through her.
    I like it that she came in as a love interest but has developed independently of Grissom as a character, she had to change and grow to get him. I like it that she is independent enough that nobody knew that she and Grissom were together and I think it would be sad if the let that character go due to a screw up bt TPTB of CBS.
    Catherine is strong too but she still shows her bra to get answers, Sara has got what she wanted without in your face sexuality but by her personality, loyalty and by accepting Grissom as he is... It makes Sara a great role model.
    If Sara leaves and it appears that Sofia is on her way out too, it leaves CSI without young strong female characters that have studied hard and been successful. That would be a big mistake. If Jorja wants to leave fine but if she is leaving because of the pay situation which was not her fault CSI deserves to loss ratings and Billy who would probarbly follow.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ To me, Sara is the school-smart kind of girl while Catherine is the street-smart kind. They are very different characters with different personalities and backgrounds. And because of that, how they do their job (and everything) could be very different, too. But at the end the result is the same -- the job is done. Case closed. IMO comparing Catherine to Sara is like comparing Apple to Orange. I just don't see the point.

And I wholeheartedly agree with allmaple. Sara may not be my favorite character on the show, I did enjoy her (although not as much as I used to in the early seasons) and it will be a big loss for the show if Jorja really leaves. But if it's her own decision (no matter what reason), it's her decision. I think it would be better if fans respect what she wants and give her their best wishes. I don't think she'd be happy if she stayed anyway, since the atmosphere on the set -according to herself- wasn't all that good.

12. jeanmacgreen

jeanmacgreen Rookie

Personally, for me it would be major mistake to break up Gil and Sara's relationship because of office politics. But, this 'diva' story going around about Ms. Fox asking for a raise, what is so wrong about that? does'nt she, like any other working person deserve a yearly raise of pay? Especially when the entire group of actors at CSI have made the creators/producers multi-millionaires many times over. Are these jerks so tight-fisted that Ms. Fox has'nt seen a pay raise in 2 or more years? It's standard that any ongoing actor in a series gets at the very least a 5% yearly raise if they choose to stay on said series. Isn't Ms. Fox worth a good deal more than 5%? My feeling is they just wanted to make her look bad to the fans and it would seem that for some, these idiots in charge have done just that, by making her sound like a petulant child, rather than a serious and hard-working individual who deserves the same level of respect that her co-stars do.
    Smuckheimer and Meddlesome are jerks!!! You lost a great actress and a wonderful asset to CSI!

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Thats part of the problem we don't know for a fact that it is all about money, it might be part of it, but maybe not all of it. CBS is notorious for staking claim on their stars, for instance the tv show "Touched By An Angel" the stars were only aloud to do other projects with the permission of TPTB if they said no, and they did it anyway they were in trouble, until they wised up and figured out get it in the contract.

If it is about a raise we don't know how much was asked for generally from what I have read on other Celebs, they toss out their numbers, TPTB come back with their numbers, and it goes back and forth until it can be settled on. For instance and its only an example (no flogging allowed ;) )
    Say Jorja asked for 500,000 an ep (ie around Marg and Williams) the network would probably say no and start out with say 250,000 to which Jorja's camp might say not enough and go back and forth, BUT if they (THE CAMP) are set on that high mark, then the network would probably cut her from the show.

Again that is if that is what its all about, it could be one thing, it could be 20 combined together. Jorja is a private person and contract negotations are notoriously private by parties until they willfully reveal it, which is rare. So all we can do is respect that privacy and hope that one day Jorja opens up and reveals what happened.

14. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

If she leaves I will miss the character and Jorja is a great actress... but I will not like CSI any less. I will still watch it and I for one am glad a CSI is finally leaving, the show can not stagnate with the same main cast for 7 years without a shakeup. Hell, CSI:NY lost Aiden in the beginning of the Second season,she was very popular, but it didn't really hurt the show imho.

It will be like real life, you do not work with the same people for so long. I've held jobs for over 7 years but usually maybe one other person would still be there they whole time. It makes sense for one of them to leave, and given the sup/sub relationship Sara had with Grissom, I think she will be forced to leave in any workplace.

15. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

I know that Sara and Catherine are very different and that is why Sara is such a good character because she is geekier and proud of it. She doesn't got to work in leather pants, she doesn't have manicures or hair extensions, they are different mind sets. I don't dislike Catherine but she is more out for herself and is Sara leaves CSI, Catherine will be the only woman left on the main cast which will be bad for the show. If they had developed Sofia's character more it would have been less of a problem because is smart, tough, beautiful but didn't use her sexuality like Catherine
    does either.
    Catherine is smart and eye candy, sexy and sassy but characters like Sara are more like the women that work hard at school at science are outsiders, will work all night to get the name of a Jane Doe..and Sara has Grissom because they are both social outsiders., they are charaters that many identify with.

I also doubt Jorja would have said that " the atmosphere isn't that good" because she is close to her co-stars, it sounds like a throw back comment to 2004. Marg said that there was a bad atmosphere because of the way TPTB treated Jorja and George. If that was true and it is because she was unhappy and wanted to leave then the rumours of the summer would have made sense, that she was to be killed of which was supposed to be about a pay rise. Those rumours were lies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.