Ratings: CSI vs ... Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Lucy, May 28, 2007.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh re-e-ally? how much do you bet then? i'm gonna go with 23 mil. i'm sure the whole aftermath will bring some people in.

*goes back to study econ*

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Hmmmmm do I wanna go over or under. I'll go 22.9, just dispite of you hahaha

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ now THAT was dirty, man. lmao

4. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

Hey guys,

anybody who care even a little about Sara Sidle and Jorja fox, pls help us spread the news, alert the media, join the campaign (Dollars for Sense), write letters...anything... We would have all done the same thing for any other cast members. Team chemistry is crucial to the show. We are running out of time.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Sidle_my_Idol, first, please read the thread called Solicitation from one of this board's administrators. Second, this thread is not about whether to keep Sara or not; it is about ratings for past and upcoming episodes.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Everyone We are attempting to get a handle on this and for those who are thinking of trying this method you too will be officially warned. Please keep in mind the thread that TBonz posted regarding Solicitation, if you haven't read it I suggest you do so. We ask that people please keep moving and return to the topic of this thread.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thanks! I love doing them, and the results can be pretty interesting. I anticipate a drop (not necessarily big, but a drop) this week, but that's still good.

For anyone keeping track, CSI went up 19% from its finale in Season 7.

*aaawwwkward*

Izzie performed surgery on a deer while Little Timmy watched, y'all. It was horrific.

Then lay your bets, y'all.

I'm saying 22.5 million.

Hey! Thanks so much for the thanks! And I love your sig - Marg should wear red more often (power to the redheads wearing red! lol.)

Someone clearly has their priorities in check. Mmkay, Adzix has 23, I have 22.5, c'mon, mrb...

Ooh. We're all in the same bracket. Eeerie.

Adzix 23
    mrb 22.9
    sarahvma 22.5

8. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

You should have taken 23.1, just so we pinned Adz down, no pun intended to GSR

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

So... who was the number one show of the week?

CSI of course.

And Grey's? Came in third.

CSI was nearly 4 million viewers ahead of its rival in second place, and almost 20% higher as well. It was also 1.4 points ahead in households.

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i'm born to be awkward. i'm polish.
    okay, next time you bet first.
    and say it again sarah, who made it?
    swEET. so final results are 25.22 mln. comparing it to the continuous dropping of TV ratings in general, i'd say it's pretty damn high. if it was 2 or 3 years ago, it'd be as if they got more than 30 mill. anybody follows my strange thinking? no?

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Not that this comes as a huge surprise, but CSI is also the number one show of the season so far:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|||season,00.html

Given those numbers, even if CSI drops dramatically this week, it will probably still hold on to the top spot for a little while, as Dancing With the Stars is seeing a decline already, and many Grey's fans reported being disappointed with their premiere.

That's right!

Filthy Pole!

Ooh, gosh. The name is slipping my mind just now...

I get what you're saying, and it's probably right. Fun fact? CSI was only the number one show on TV for the whole year once - Season 3, no matter what CBS said. lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_Crime_Scene_Investigation

It came 10th place in Season 1, 2nd in Season 2, 1st in Season 3, 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5, 3rd in Season 6, and 4th in Season 7.

Other than American Idol, if CSI somehow manages to hold on to this resurgance in audience when all the other shows are losing theirs, it could wind up being #2, or #1, seeing as people seem to be getting bored of Idol as well.

Put it this way: most shows dropped about 20% from their premieres last year, and CSI gained 10%. Either way, it's a huge achievement. Obviously I very much doubt that they will continue to get ratings this high for the rest of the season, but it's an achievement nontheless.

12. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I'm so glad CSI won the timeslot. Nothing goes against our CSIs!! ;)

I think we will be at LEAST in the 22 millions from here on out, depending on what Thursday's episode is like. Since a lot of fans likely tuned in to see if Sara lived or died, and some new fans are probably going to tune in next week just to see how everything is going to play out.

I hope we go back to procedural episocdes (like back in Season 1, 2 kinda stuff).. That'd probably boost the ratings even more, since so many people favoured that. I did, that's for sure. I LOVE GSR, do not get me wrong.. But I find myself tending to the older episodes were there was a bit of flirting between all characters, and the crime scenes were number one. (Season two hasn't left my DVD player in four days! :D)

Anyway, my guess for this weeks rating is 23 million :D

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

All-righty. Well I'll take the pool as always, but first with the poll (and those too shy to post their guesses. lol)

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Dirty Vancouverian!
    i think it was A.... like Adz? or something.

so as i said before i opt for 23 right now, although i think it may be a bit less. we'll see.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm going with 20 (I know, Negative Nelly again) but only because Ausiello supposedly "leaked" that tomorrow's Grey's is going to be great, and I do think that while 25 million (or more) people may still be watching CSI, they may not be as desperate to watch it live as they were with the cliffhanger.

And it's Vancouverite, Adz. Sheesh.