"A La Cart" Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 30, 2007.

1. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

*gets in on the convo*

i think that, from the episode "Dead Doll" the writers are showing that something's gonna happen. if you look over the seasons, nick has been the one to looking after Sara. and now, from his flashback, the way he looked at the pictues of sara, and that he found her... i personally think that they are hinting something.

i think i'd be interesting to see it happen. like, Grissom and Sara still together and you kinda see through Nick's perspective how he thinks of GSR. he like, complains to Greg or Warrick and they notice something there... but yeah. i think that'd be intersting to see. Sara and Grissom like, smiling and looking at each other at the team table, Nick's pretending to read a book but is actually spying on the two, disguisted and hurt. he gets up and storms out of the room. the two, completely unaware that they're little 'flirty' moment was breaking his heart in the little, broken pieces.

*either way... getting back the topic before Destiny comes back in here..*

i'm excited to see how it plays out. with nick asking the 'did SARA ever say anything to you... about Grissom?". I just think that Nick's in denial. haha.

i'm excited. i hope it's gonna be fun and happy episode!!!

2. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I really hope there isn't a Nick/Sara/Gil triangle, especially since Jorja will be leaving the show anyway. And this is from a Snickers fan.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how the go-cart thing plays out though.

3. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

i honestly think it'd be really intersting... and not just because i'm a SNickers shipper. i'm excited for this season. hopefully they do that triangle... it'll give Jorja another reason to stay!

i have a question: for the next episode.. are both cases related to go kart racing? because.. cath and warrick are go karting in those pics, but their case is in the dark...

4. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Guys, we don't know for SURE if Jorja is leaving. Tabloids are saying so, yes. But Jorja has not herself said anything. And if you read her interview with Ausiello, and actually read what it says, there are more hints that she is staying, than her leaving... My view anyway.

Also, they said GSR would conclude this season. I think in this episode it will. Not end, conclusion doesn't always mean an end to a situation, but rather wrapping up the looser ends. Everyone knows about GSR (on the team), and Ecklie wants to know how long it's been. When we find out, that's also closure for us (the viewers). We will know how long they've been dating, been intimate, etc.

I also think in this episode Ecklie will switch Sara, or the whole team. Sara will go under Cath's team and she will be Sara's supervisor. I mean, there are ways around a relationship like this. (I don't want to start anything here, that's just what I think.)

(This part is not so much about A La Cart)
    I do believe Nick has [had] a thing for Sara, wether it been in the far past, or recent. And when he found out she was with Grissom it kind of stuck him. When Sara was in danger, nobody knew wether or not she was going to live, we saw exactly what Nick was thinking. It was touching, if I do say so myself. Nick was remember the moment when Nick got so caught up in that case in season six and Sara had to remind him that it is his job, and they can't expect to find a living human being that it rarely happens. Anyway, enough about Dead Doll! I had a point, but I lost it.

Nick and Greg are obviously going to have a short conversation about GSR. And I see it playing out somehow like this:

Nick: So, has Sara ever said anything about being with Grissom?
    Greg: In not so many words.
    Nick: Did she ever hint to you?
    Greg: Not really.. But it was kind of obvious now that I think about it.
    Nick: Yeah. I hope everything will work out with her.

Or something like that.

Now, What I see is Warrick in this episode.. And I'm thrilled. I know this is going to be an awesome episode!! I don't know if anyone else saw the CTV promo for next week, but Rick and Cath were pretty close to each other, and I think there will be a big moment and it's going to make us think.. "Hey, are they actually dating, or just flirting around?" Anything is possible now. I could also see a situation arise like this (Maybe not in this episode, but it could, couldn't it?)
    Warrick: I don't think we could... "be together."
    Cath: Hey, if Grissom and Sara can do, we can.

I can hope.

But I do know I have high hopes for this episode.

And I know I just went everywhere with this post! :p

I think only one is case related to the Go Karting, the one Cath and Rick are working on.. Grissom probably just joined in for the fun? Since, I heard Grissom isn't in the episode for case-related reasons... But who knows. I think the part they are in the restaurant in the dark, is before they go Go Kart racing, because whatever they find in the restaurant leads to the racing?

5. casey34472

casey34472 Dead on Arrival

I thought Sara and Nick would be a better match but this is how the show has taken the relationship. So I really don't care about all the relationships all that much in the show but a little is cool with me as long as it doesn't get to over baring with it. I think this ep is going to uncover things we don't know about Griss and Sara but they are still solving cases so I'm happy about that. It looks like a great show nexted week.

6. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

I just don't understand why everyone's thinking Nick will be in the middle of everything.

Some are suggesting a random Gil/Sara/Nick triangle, or a Cath/Warrick/Nick triangle.

I say, leave the poor guy alone. He's been single for 7 years.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

And if he were to date someone (No, not Greg. Haha), I say, give him some sweet girl and a life OUTSIDE the lab. Not saying that we have to see it though.

7. Warsteiner

Warsteiner Hit and Run

Yes...and the sweet girl he could date is ME!!!

8. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

I kind of agree with you, but then again, a love triangle might make it more interesting! This season should be all about ships :p jkjk I am sooo excited (time a billion) to see this episode. I will be bursting out of my class rooms just to make thursday come faster!

Yes, during CSI seasons I always get like this. This is nothing new. :p

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really rather not have any more relationships between co-workers on this show. I want my CSI...my science and solving the cases to take center again. At least this week we will get more of that than in last week's ep.

10. BloodSugar

BloodSugar Victim

I think a triangle could be quite intresting, Nick and Sara growing closer due to their experiences, could be quite fun.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this episode, be nice to see Greg and Nick working together and the whole Eklie and GSR thing looks good

11. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Why in the world do GSR fans deserve their ship being canon and a triangle? When other fans don't even get enough of a character they may like?

Poor Warrick fans are dead from lack of him.

That's one of those things that fans would think to be soapy. I watch a soap now, so I can agree. :p

I agree with Dizzney. Keep it simple with science. As much as I love YoBling, I hope they don't show too much like they did with GSR. I'm hardly a GSR fan anymore because of it.

Nick and/or Greg fans have been dying for "A La Cart" all summer. To me, it's my premiere!

12. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Warrick fans are dead from lack of him. Trust me I know, I'm one of them.

I miss him.

I really miss him.

13. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

Yes I´d love a triangle with Nick- or anything to break up the GSR. As a huge Sara fan I don´t think GSR did much for her character development.

Also I think Nick proved he´s more worthy of Sara than Grissom in Dead Doll. I hope Sara learns who really saved her in A la Cart.

I´m also excited to see more Greg!

14. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

All this stuff amuses/cofuses me in equal measure. Why is it so important to people? Hey - Sofia was in that car too - maybe she and Sara should be the two getting down to business eh. Surely she must be more worthy than that Grissom chap who was only scouring the desert on foot for her.

To get upset cos a character isn't getting it on with another character, or is getting it on with a character you don't think worthy, boggles my mind. Ah the joys of being able to enjoy a show regardless of which TV character is sleeping with another.

15. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Gameface, you hit my point of view exactly. While I like most of the CSI characters, I watch this as a procedural crime show, not as a shipper soap heaven. They have a show called Grey's Stupidity for that.

I appreciate that the characters on CSI each have a backstory and that it can play into the crimes and situations they find themselves in, but at the point that things get seriously romantic and the potential for a three way love triangle comes out, well, I am out the door.

I am hoping that episodes 2 - 6 will resolve this situations completely, bury this soapy, sappy mess and let us move on with the pleasures of mysteries, puzzles, and the criminal mind.