Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Fool4love, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

*Spoiler warning for book 6*

After watching the new film yesterday me and my friends got talking about "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" and what it would lead on to in book 7. One of my friends showed me a website www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com which has arguments about how dumbledore's death was faked and really he and Snape have this whole master plan that will be revealed later in book 7.

What do you guys think? Have you heard any other theories about book 7, well here is the thread to post them in!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
  2. onenightstand

onenightstand Pathologist

Re: Harry Potter - Book 7 Theories

Yea, I was thinkin that too. I mean, they can't kill Dumbledore...Harry needs him.

I also think that they're is a slight chance Harry will die in the end of the series. Either Harry, Ron, Hermonie, or Ginny will die in the next one, in order to kill Voldemort...I also think Voldemort will die too. He has too :p....

Good topicc Fool4love

3. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

Good good...I wanted to speculate about book 7.

Re: Death of Dumbledore

Remember the conversation between Snape and D when Snape denies to do sth? I think at that time D asked him to kill him if he has to to keep his real intention/identity covert and to save Harry.
    Also, I do agree that D's death was weird, not that it could be false though.
    When D said "Please" during the killing scene. I was wondering if that plea meant--"please kill me" or "please, don't do it."

I read something about the next book in a magazine. It was a teen magazine; I saw Daniel's lil face in the cover so read the concerning part. It said that JKR said that she revealed sth during the last pages of the book 6; she also said that most ppl might have already figured it out though.
    I donno what it was about. Could be about Harry and Ginny's relationship or Harry not going back to Hogwarts, or D's death.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a serious Hating Snape Problem... So, I think he's just a guilty psychopathic murderer. XD But dumbledoreisnotdead.com does make some good points.

I hope that Harry dies in book 7 just for the sake of literary genius. Honestly, it would be one of the greatest twists ever. I've got my own little theory that Harry and Voldemort will die at the same time... ^^ Or Harry will be the victor and then, due to his angst, become the new Dark Lord :D That would make my life better.

I really hope Dumples isn't dead... but, I do not trust my own hopes :lol:

5. Sidle_my_Idol

lol I know. I hate Snappy's guts too. However, by book 6, I began to hate Rita Skeeter and Umbridge more than Snape. Still, I really can't see how Snape will side to Vold. All the hints I've picked up says different.

I know Dumble's my favorite too; I hope he lives...

If Harry and Vold both die, then the prophecy will be wrong. But then we don't really have a prophecy. OH, I love how twisted it is.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

And twisted is how it should be! Haha

But, yes, I definitely came to hate Umbridge -very- much. Much more than Snape. Snape looks like a happy ol' lady compared to her... Stupid Umbridge.

But, if either Ron, Hermione, or Ginny will be dying in book 7, I think it'll be Ron. I took the whole "sacrificing myself in the chess game" thing to be forshadowing...

7. onenightstand

Well, i nver like Rita Skeeter or Umbridge....but I didn't mind Snape...but now I"m really pissed @ him :mad:.....and i also don't really like Lucius Malfoy (sp?) so yea...

I also hope Dumbledore livess....what's Harry Potter withoout Dumbledore...I hope he lives.. :D

8. Sidle_my_Idol

Yeah. Man, we have to wait for two years for the next book.
    I don't think JKR have even started writing it though I the idea must have been planned long time ago.
    OH me so giddy.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Chaa, it's going to be awesome while very sad... I don't want the series to end!!

10. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I have always been sorry to see Snape kill Dumbledore. I have heard 3 theories:

1. Snape did fall back in with Voldemort.

2. Snape killed Dumbledore but did so under Dumbledore's orders and to keep Malfoy from doing it.

3. Snape didn't really kill Dumbledore, and this is all a hoax to trick Voldemort into thinking Dumbledore was dead.

My preference for these theories is #3 of course. My main reason is because I honestly want Snape to be, deep down, a good guy. I LOVED the scenes between him and Harry in OoP and was disappointed to see that Harry wasn't really spending more time with Snape in HBP I felt their relationship was such a complex one and when I realized that Snape and Harry could both relate to each other's pasts it seemed like it would fall into place. However for Snape to have made people think Dumbledore was dead, Hagrid would have to be in on it. He buried Dumbledore. Unless...what are the chances that Dumbledore could have a horcrux?

If I can't have #3, then I prefer #1. Why? Because if I have one complaint of our beloved Dumbledore (and I do adore him) is he is TOO perfect). He never makes a mistake, he can read people perfectly (with the except of young Tom Riddle) and for him to put his confidence so high into Snape, it seems logical that he was possibly tricked. He prefers to see the good in everyone, but not everyone has good in them. Snape has constantly given us reasons to dislike him....could Dumbledore possibly been blind enough not to see his true nature?

I find #2 very disturbing. I have heard many people think this is all very reasonable but given that the HP series is, after all, a children's book, I cannot believe that KILLING A FRIEND, no matter what the circumstances, is a message we should send to kids.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ooh, I agree. It fits with the whole "Unbreakable Vow" thing... but seriously, what the heck? >< I'd prefer him to not be dead... just hiding... or visiting the farm 0o lol

12. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

Hey guys, I’m glad you like the thread. I reckon that Dumbledore’s death was faked to lure Voldemort out of hiding.
    I also have another theory to the ending of book 7. We already know that Harry has some of Voldemorts qualities, as he is a Parslemouth, and that Voldemort has split his soul into Horcruzes so that he can cheat death. So have you ever considered that Harry himself could be a Horcruz, and so he will have to sacrifice himself in order to kill off Voldemort completely. I know there are gonna be some holes in that theory, because I have only read book 6 once, but it would be a heroic ending to the series.

Then Ron and Hermione should get married, have a baby boy and name him Harry. OK, perhaps I got a little carried away with that last bit, but hey, I love a happy ending. :)

13. onenightstand

I'm glad I like it too :)

NO!!! he can't die!!! :( :(....but you do have a point... hmmm

Yes, they should..... I too, love a harry ending!!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I've heard that theory as well. Harry a horcrux... would certainly make for a dramatic end, no? XD

15. Guest

Guest Guest

As much as I hate it, I really think Dumbledore is dead. And I hate Snape for that... but I can't help thinking it's not as easy as "Snape is evil". I think Dumbledore knew it would come to a situation where Malfoy would have to kill him, and he made Snape promise he wouldn't let Malfoy be a murderer. Snape is too complicated to be just evil.
    I don't think Dumbledore has a horcrux either, as someone said earlier. It's been a while since I read the book, but don't you have to kill someone to make a horcrux? Dumbledore wouldn't do that.

And don't say Ron will die! He can't! :( I kinda don't think he will either... mainly because of an interview with Rowling, where someone asked what Ron would do after school, and she joked about "if he lives". She wouldn't joke about it if she was planning to kill him. Not considering how she mentioned being so upset about killing Sirius. Atleast that's what I tell myself... ;) He's my favourite, he just can't die. I hope all of the trio survives, but I'm pretty sure atleast one more main character will die in the next book... I hope it's not Ginny or Neville either, or Luna. I love them too much.
    I think one of the Weasley's will die though, atleast one. There's too many of them for all of them to survive. And I refuse to believe it's Ron or Ginny. Arthur and Bill already had near-death experiences, and everyone expects Percy to be killed saving someone in his family to redeem himself, or that he'll join the Death Eaters and be killed by Ron... I like Percy too much to believe in either of those. lol! So that leaves Molly,Charlie and the twins... The twins are needed for comic relief, so I'm most worried for Molly and Charlie. I know my logic is weird, but I really love the Weasley's, so I've spent alot of time thinking about it.