Fox's Fate Is Confirmed

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 28, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

there was science in that eppy?? I guess I missed it when I blinked...

Seriously, shut the hell up, i am so sick of seeing GSR lovers attacking anyone who won't support their agenda...

2. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

I am soooo sad that she is leaving! I loved her! She was like totaly awesome! And I really hope that she guest stars occasionally......hopefully. Louise did...:( god, this is soooo sad!

3. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

I could, honestly, care less either way.

I'm not really a Sara hater, she's just not my favourite on the show. It kinda sucks she's leaving, and I'm sure the show won't be the same without her for awhile, but if that is the direction Jorja feels she needs to go, then who are we to hold her back?

More power to her if she thinks she can get on better with life after CSI. Who knows? Jorja could hit it big in movies or something. Anything's possible.

So, I say, the possiblity of losing Sara isn't so much a fallback as it is an opportunity for the other characters to grow. Just like in 'Grave Danger', just like in 'Fannysmackin' and now the thing with Sara. It's an obstacle they can learn to overcome and make them stronger as individuals and as a team. Know what I mean?

4. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Well...........as I stated in my earlier post I for one am glad they didn't kill her off. The door's been left open for her to return even if its's just for guest appearances. I never was much for the Grissom/Sara realationshop neither at one time but as time went on & I started noticing the flirtations between it was like okay. Better her than Catherine. YUCK!!!!!!! Hmmm wonder if someones gonna tell me to shut up now? LOL

Ashame we're not allowed to voice our opinions as others are without being told to shut up. I know people that no longer visits this site for just that reason. Why bother to post if someones going to jump down your throat or tell ya to shut up cause of what you post? It's sad when others can post their opinions & you feel you're not able to for fear it's going to cause WWIII. I don't think the poster that was told to shut up deserved that. They posted an opinion. Hopefully the mods will see it that way also.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I don't care about others opinions!!!! HOLY CRAP, why does everyone misunderstand EVERY SINGLE THING I POST. GSR fans keep on telling people NOT to post anything that goes against their agenda, because they want to drive every anti-GSR person off the board, just like on CBS.com.

Hello! That to me shows how the GSR fans want us removed from this board!! this isn't a GSR board...

6. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

OK guys. I know this is upsetting to some of you, but let's not take it out on one another please. Be polite and civil. If you can't and you're that annoyed, log off for a bit until you can.

Thanks!

7. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

That was actually one of my first thoughts when the first rumours started, when nothing was confirmer nor denied. It would have been smart, up to some point, afteral, I guess :lol:

Anyway, when I first heard the news about Sara living to then go away, I was glad. I did not want her to die, so I was sort of content that if she was leaving, at least she was not dying.

I haven't left that ^^^, but by another side I also think that now they face the problem on how to give her a proper leaving. I mean, I haven't seen season 8 premiere, neither season 7 finale, actually, so I don't really know how she was rescued. Even though that, its good to know that it was an emotional episode, I think it had to be given the circunmstances. My point is, death would have ended the problem, still leaving lots of fans unhappy, but now if they only come up with a weak storyline with short explanation for her leaving, then that's going to be pretty disappointing. They could have done her end in a 'big powerfull' way. They chose not to this time, so I trust them to still find an even better way of doing it now ;) I do think they have good material to do so, and a possibility to make some good scenes out of it. Hopefully not only GSR. not that I am completely against, but I do think it's fair to make her have some good scenes close to her end with other characters. And maybe they can bring her back, but I don't really know. When they did that with Aiden from NY was to kill her off so :rolleyes:

Either way, as if it was also Jorja's decision, I hope she is trully happy about it and how it turns out. I hope she gets to do some other acting areas, different characters or different types of show. I think she has acting skills that can put her in many great projects :)

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

So um... if she's leaving where is she going? Is that the end of GSR? Or is she just going to be a housewife? Early retirement? :rolleyes:

Seriously, if she's leaving anyways, they might as well have killed her off.

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I for one don't care if you're for or against Sara. Everyone's entitled to their opinion is all I was trying to get across. This is what I was refering to(Seriously, shut the hell up). I know theirs alot upset over Jorja leaving as I'm sure if it were Catherine, Nick, Warrick etc others would be just as upset. Some I'm sure are glad to see Sara go & some are not glad to see her go but, we all should be entitled to our opinion whether for or against. Guess I should've made that clearer in my earlier post but was in quite a bit of a hurry. I was not angry at anytime I posted neither am I now. I know I for one don't really post much anymore for #1 I feel nobody really cares about my opinion anyway, #2- something like this always tends to happen. So until now I really have just kept my opinion to myself. I just think it's sad that we all can't voice it. Whether we agree or not we need to be more considerate of others. Hope I made better sense. Also I wasn't trying to make it a GSR board & my apologies if I did I was merely responding to posts before mine. Besides why would I want you removed from this board or any other? It's a free country. Anyway we'll just have to sit back wait & see. You just never know how this is all gonna pan out. I don't trust TPTB anymore. LOL

10. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I'm ticked. I was so excited like "Oh my word! Sara's going to live!" and now it's like "So I guess she's not staying." That's so stupid.

I don't hate Jorja Fox but seriously, how many actors leave a good thing and never get another roll? I kind of hope that happens because I can't bear seeing her in something else.

11. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Wow, I am genuinely surprised. I knew Jorja had only signed on for five episodes so far, but...wow. I thought for sure if she was leaving then they would do it by killing her off.

If she wants to leave that's her prerogative. I can understand that it would get boring playing the same character for seven years, I'm just surprised at her bluntless in the interview. I haven't read many Jorja interviews, so I don't know, maybe that's just the way she is (someone can correct me if that's the case), but I would have thought she would take the high road here.

And of course this just adds more fuel to the fire in terms of my suspicison that CSI may be coming to a close. With Jorja leaving, and Marg's contract up at the end of this year (I have a feeling she won't renew), they're losing all their people, and they've had a nice long run, so me thinks it might be time to lay the show to rest.

This is sad, but who knows, it might be a good thing. Give the show a bit of a new flavour.

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Most shows on the air for 8 seasons would have had a higher cast turnover than CSI. Miami and New York have both replaced characters in less time, but Las Vegas seems to have just added in new ones without losing any.

I'll be a little bit sad to see Sarah leave. There's been episodes when she's really annoyed me, but overall I quite like her, and the GSR thing was well enough done and not shoved in my face, so it sort of grew on me as well.

There's plenty of viable ways for them to write Sarah out without killing her. Simplest solution would be for her to decide after a few weeks back at work that she's not happy and needs to take a sabbatical to get her head together after her ordeal. Although I'm leaning toward the possibility that TPTB in the crime lab don't want to have a couple working on the same shift, so Sarah transfers to another lab.

Hopefully they won't kill her off. It'd be a little ironic for her to survive the miniature killer only to die a few weeks/months later!

13. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I still hope she doesnt leaves!!!

14. zero2aries

zero2aries Victim

I'm not a GSR fan - rather the opposite - but I am a big fan of both JF and Sara. I don't want to see her character go.And I certainly don't want it to be for any reason other than JF thinks it's time to move on. That interview doesn't sound as if it's the case that JF is ready to go.

I don't know if this is ok - I'm sure a mod will tell me if not - there's a campaign going to beg TPTB to keep Sara. It was started by GSR fans but it is NOT a GSR thing. It's a Sara thing.

If you'd like to sign the petition or find out more about the campaign this website will give you the details.

(solicitation edited out.)

15. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I don't understand what money is going to do for this situation. Fox said she didn't wish to re-do her contract back when everyone else did, so it's her decision. So who would the money go too?