Season 8: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2007.

1. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Re: "Dead Doll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

You can't please everyone all the time. The writers understand that, so do the actors. I mean if they would have finished the season identifying the Mini killer because of a finger print she accidently left on a miniature, and ended up capturing her for that, we all would have gone crazy. The finale was strong last season, and the premiere got the best ratings of the week then any other show, and gained millions of viewers since last seasons premiere. Sorry that a minority of people weren't satisfied, but I think the majority of us were. It just closed another chapter in the history of this great show. The GSR is prolly gonna wrap up pretty soon, and we went ONE week without Science. But I would assume some people will find more stuff to complain about in 3 months or so. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

As for not having enough science in the premiere, think of it this way. In the finale, there was quite a bit of a science because they were trying to find Natalie. In the premiere, they've found Natalie, but she's not giving them any information due to her pyschotic break. This means that they have very little information to work with which means less science and more guessing about where Sara could be. I think that's why they focused more on Sara because there wasn't that much to focus on forensically.

3. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I wanted to say that people have been saying Sara was doing the math wrong when she's in the desert, and she actually is for a moment :p She says "4x3 is 12... 4x3 is 12..." and then she says "4x4 is... 20." And she falls, and then she corrects herself with "4x5 is 20." But she was disoriented, confused and dehydrated, so it makes sense when you think about it :p

4. ItDontMatter

ItDontMatter Hit and Run

This is still not my fav ep. but according to ET it did beat Grey's in ratings by about 4 million viewers. I only hope that those 4 million found it to be better than I so they will continue to tune in.

We are more the addicted fans, those that will watch almost reguardless. Those 4 million are the wild cards, if they thought it sucked they will easliy turn the channel... they are the ones that CSI needs to keep. Not that we aren't important, but we are quite small compared to them.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

this episode, while not that bad, wasnt very entertaining at all. the way they set themselves up they couldnt possibly make a good episode (for me at least). the whole episode obviously could only be about finding sara so they dragged that on for an entire hour. the fact that almost half of the episode had no dialogue should have clued them in that maybe they were going in a wrong direction.

yeah some of the camera work was interesting, but on the whole i found myself bored a lot. to me, it was just a reworked episode of grave danger. csi tied up in trunk, csi drugged, csi trapped in inescapable situation, try to find csi, arrive to location where you expect csi to be, csi is not there, you find missing csi, they are strapped to a gurney and carted off. unfortunately the formula didnt work as well this time, and i attribute it to all the boring landscape shots. although i was nearly knocked out of my seat when they actually acknowledged that yes, this did happen to nick before! i thought the writers chose to believe that never happened...

i had low expectations for this episode, and they were not exceeded. but like i said they had no choice, they set themselves up to do nothing better. hopefully now that its out of their system the rest of the season will be better.

6. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I agree with you, Allmaple. That was exactly how I felt about the whole episode.

The writing of the ep disappointed me... It seemed pretty cheesy. But I do think that Jorja Fox did a nice job acting.

But I am very happy to hear that we beat Grey's Anatomy!!!!! ^_^

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

For those who said Natalie used a hydraulic bag to lower the car...where is it? I watched the episode again and can't see it, unless it's that one shot where it kind of looks like that, but I concluded it's part of the car since it was red and dented.

Okay, when they found Natalie in the previous episode, it was after she'd put Sara under the car, right? Sooooo...didn't she have that awful, mind controlling head wound at the time Grissom was talking to her at PD? What...she just took a big turn for the worse over the summer?

And finally, someone mentioned Grissom and Catherine looking at those rocks through binoculars and then running all of five feet to the pile. :) What was up with that?

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The tow truck guy took it out there, it was in the epsiode, when Brass was threating him the low-life character! And a famous pilot, just flew out of the Reno area and vanished a month or so ago, and they've looked everywhere constantly with planes & helicopters, and still haven't found him. nor his plane. The desert is vast and desolate, with many peaks and valleys, and hugh crevices & ravines, and it was right on target, that they couldn't find her :( come on out here, and you'll see what I'm speaking off..the desert is a beast! that's the part that was accurate.

9. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

Okay, but after getting out from under the car she didn't hop in a plane and fly who knows where, taking her miles and miles away from the scene in who knows what direction. On foot, injured and eventually travelling in 110 degree heat - how far from the scene could she have really gone? Not to mention how her magic footprints showed them in which direction to search. Sorry, it is still a plot hole.

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Personally I enjoyed the episode. I watch csi for the science as well as the personal stuff. I am a doctor so I get enough science at work; in the evening i want to be entertained, and I was. I thought the ending scene was very touching: intense and understated, a la csi. I love Gsr; it is portrayed wonderfully by the actors. I have rewatched the episode several times and I notice things I hadn't seen the first time and appreciate their significance. To me, that is a sign of a great story.

11. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

I think she was already out of her mind . And I have no problem with her leaving the car. I don't think I would have stayed

Well , Sara got out from under the car when it was still dark (please don't tell me that I'm imagining this) and later Grissom mentions something like "she's been out all day" which indicates that it's probably not 9 am. The average human walks about 4 kilometres per hour. Sara is injured , so maybe 2 or 3 kilometres. Even after only 6 hours she could have walked about 12 kilometers

12. jennbah

jennbah Civilian

I just finished watching this episode. I thought Jorge did a really good job. I loved the end when Grissom held her arm up when they where butting her on the stretcher. And when she opened her eye’s. I thought loved nick when he ran and just flung himself on the ground beside her . Next week looks really good

Jen

13. Smokey

I think he just towed it out there. He didn't actually put it on Sara.

Thanks to a post on another site, I watched it again with the captions on and during that scene it says "hydraulic hiss". I wish they would have made it more obvious tho so it wouldn't have become such a sticking point.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think you misssed the point, hop a plane :confused: don't know what that means! this man crashed out here, and they could not only not find him, they haven't even been able to spot the plane, so a tiny little girl with only one helicopter, would be like looking for a needle in a haystack! and to stay with an overturned car, that just flooded, with a coyote sniffing about, she was looking for civilization, and why wouldn't there be footprints, the sand when walking does leave deep footprints, I was watching intensly because this is my territory, and it was completely accurate, all of it! I did find the part where Nick spotted her from a far distance stretching it a bit :confused: but I thought it was so well done, and so riveting and so gripping and a wonderful fulfilling treat! Jorja was brilliant;)

15. Smokey

I couldn't quite catch what he said in that scene, so while watching with the captions on (all the better to "hear" the hydraulic hiss!) I could see that he said, "Sara, it's Nick. I'm here. Can you hear me?" Awwww. :)