New official CSI:NY website

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by owlki, Sep 27, 2007.

1. owlki

owlki Witness

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I saw that too! I like it :)

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Compared to their old site, I like the older version better.

I liked how their full episode recaps were full episode synopses and were really detailed. Now they're just two paragraphs. Also, now it looks just like a blog -- me no likey. :(

I do like how they added AJ to the cast, though. But where is Robert? :confused:

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yeh I havent had time to look at it yet I have just seen the main page. I'm disappointed that they dont do a full synopses anymore!

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I hate that it takes so long for the page to load (I don't think it's just me that has the problem). It looks like they got rid of the character descriptions (although I suppose they weren't totally accurate anyway).

6. owlki

owlki Witness

Well, I was glad to see the new site 'cause I always had problems viewing innertube and, consequently, the next episodes' preview (doesn't work with my iBook, I suppose) and now I can see this by clicking in the promo pic... I reckon that's why it takes so long to load.

I think the site's still kinda raw but I hope they'll add more things soon.

7. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Don't like the new style either. Someone said, looks like a blog. I COMPLETELY agree on that!! As well as for the eppy recap. Too bad... And I have the feeling, a lot of other things are missing as well, but I guess therefore is the new wiki they put up as a link.

The wiki http://csinywiki.cbs.com/?t=anon includes all the stuff that was on the old page and fans have now been asked to add the rest (interesting move since CBS and Atlantic Records should have a major interest in keeping things in their own hands... Nevermind...).

I like the music section, but I know pages on the web that includes way much more and detailed information about the music than that!! Don't they have web editors at CBS who could enter all of that before going online? What's the point? I mean they are the SOURCE!!

Anyways... the wiki is in general a cool idea.

8. Faylinn

Yeah, a good idea in theory, but the fact that anybody can edit it is iffy if you ask me. The information is sketchy and uneven, and while I know we all make typos...

It would be nice if the official site took the time to write out the information instead of leaving it up to the fans. :rolleyes:

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I tried accessing it this afternoon and it froze up my computer so I'm not going to look again. It's a shame that the site is less professionally done now.

I'll leave this here for now since it's a discussion of the CBS official website, but please, do avoid bashing the site or the posters there. Critique is okay, but definitely, let's keep it polite. (Everyone has so far--I'm just being preemtive. ;) )Thanks! :cool:

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I like it a lot better than the old site, honestly. There's a lot less flash player imagery going on, so it doesn't cause seizures :) But, I have a particular distaste for Wiki... like others have said, the fact that anyone can edit is really annoying, because it can get overloaded with unnecessary information or dominated by a particular group of people. But eh, free speech and all that I suppose.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm not really a fan of the Wiki concept myself. Anyone can write anything, and it's not possible for everything to be fact-checked. Wikipedia can be useful, but beyond that, I think the concept is a little dicey--it's too easy to spread misinformation.

12. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

Personally I think the new site is trying too hard to grasp at every piece of new media it can. Left unchecked, I see it as dissolving into a fluffy squeefest. There needs to be some oversight and moderation. You know, to protect people from themselves or from some of us ;)! The lack of real episode recap is probably my biggest issue thus far.

13. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

I liked the old site better. This really resembles a blog more than a website.
    I just found a section on the NY innertube site called DVD Extras. Was that always there? I didn’t notice it before. Anyways there are three short clips: ‘The Suicide Girls Rock CSI: NY’, ‘The Making of Silent Night’, and ‘Hill Harper Explores The Body Farm’.
    Only thing is, when I want to watch Hill, I get the Silent Night clip, and when I want to watch the Making of Silent Night, I get the Suicide Girls… So if you want to watch Hill, try out the Suicide Girls clip… :lol:
    Guess there is still some work to do…

14. Faylinn

It's nice looking, that's for sure--I guess they had to 'brighten up' the site to match the show. ;) :lol: And I must admit, I like that they added AJ to the cast section. (Now put Robert in there! :p)

Yeah, that's my main problem with it, especially on the official website. I'd really like for the people in charge to write out character sections with some extra info that we don't already have on the show already. ;) You know, a bit about Flack's father or something about Hawkes' education, that kind of thing. Official information and whatnot. Give me a reason to head over there instead of just coming to this forum and asking a question. :p

*huggles TalkCSI* Everybody here is as crazy-obsessed as me and knows anything I need to know if I just ask. :lol:

15. Trevor

Trevor CSI Level Two

I love it how they're all just sitting on that beam like it's nothing crazy and like everybody's doin' that nowadays.