Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

8 more days! *is excited*

Oooh, that's pretty cool about Jensen's commercials, if they do exist. Surely some rabid fangirl somewhere will be able to dig them up! Please oh please!

So, you folks might find this interesting: Nielson has started up a website for rating TV shows to try to make their statistics more inclusive than before. The site only opened to the public a couple days ago, and is still in it's beta testing phase (and my log-in won't work! :mad:). But, it shows some promise. And you know what the best part is? The most popular, out of all the categories (TV, movies, music, personalities, and internet) is... *drumroll* Supernatural! :D A large part of this is due to the fandom movement, but hopefully it'll get people's attention! So go add your vote! (If you can get it to work for you :mad:)

Oh, and look at that... the 8th most popular thing on Hey!Nielson is Jensen Ackles. *takes screencap to cherish forever*

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I've gotta say, this time the Nielsen ratings have got it right! :D

Man, I can't believe we get a new show in less than a week. I'm more excited about that than I was for CSI last night! :lol:

Incidentally, I just realized that the church in the episode about the angel is actually 2 doors down from where I'm currently working. Trippy. I think they changed the background a bit, but I'm pretty sure it's the one at Burrard and Nelson. Also, I walked by the bank from the Shapeshifter epsiode the other day as well- it's actually an RBC bank. Too funny. It's sort of cool to keep crossing the paths of the Winchester boys. :)

3. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Whew first time in this forum.

speed_cochrane got me hooked on this show, and i love it! I just finished the episode Nightmare in S1. Gosh when Sam had the vision of Dean getting shot, i was so scared. It was so realistic. And my favourite quote of that episode was at the end when Dean told Sam they ought' to go to Vegas, using Sam's premintion power. :lol: Laughed so hard.

I really want to get my hands on the 2nd season, and the 3rd when it's out. Because i read some spoilers and there was somthing about Dean only having a year to live, and something happened to Sam. Like, he's 'beyond the grave' or something. Can someone clarify?

4. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

Some bad news for Supernatural fans in the UK, ITV1 have pulled it from their schedule. Apparently the viewing figures aren't as good as they'd hoped.

Perhaps if they'd given it a decent timeslot and actually been bothered to advertise it, people might have realised it was on.

5. BabaOReilly

Oh man, that bites. Are all the available DVD's out for you guys yet?

6. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

We do have the DVDs but they're split into volumes one and two (and we never get the same extras that the American versions get) so that's why I ordered mine from the US. I'm not sure if season two volume two is out here yet.

7. BabaOReilly

Man, copyright law really sucks doesn't it? Everything else seems to be free trade and globalized... surely they can get the same quality product to the UK as in North America! :lol:

I feel for you, I really do. I've been missing this show like crazy, and it's only been off for the summer! I can't imagine what I would do if it was no longer available to me, or worse- cancelled! I'd probably sob and suck my thumb for a week! :eek:

8. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

welcome Hunter! as for your question at the end of s2 sammy gets killed and dean basically sells his soul so sammy can be brought back to life, because of that dean now only has one year to live before the demon he promised his soul to comes to collect it.
    that really sucks about the show getting cancelled in th uk. maybe another station will pick it up? or someone will be nice enough to put it online for download.

9. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I really have no idea about UK television stations, but I had run across the news of the ITV1 cancellation. In the post, the person talked about how ITV2 would hopefully continue to run it for S3. So, it may be gone on ITV1, but not ITV2. Maybe? Like I said, I haven't actually got the slightest clue, as I'm not from the UK. :)

Today's Hey!Nielson ratings: SPN #1, Jensen #6, Jared #9. Whoo!

10. BabaOReilly

Sorry Hunter. I had fully intended to answer your questions too, but I got distracted by poor Serenity's plight! :eek:

:lol:

Anyway, welcome to the thread- it's always exciting to have new blood and new opinions. :)

And here's hoping ITV2 keeps Supernatural running for our brethren (or sistren? :lol: ) in the UK.

11. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Yeah, Dean selling his soul would make sense, since i read somwhere "after his deal, he has only one year to live". Is that fact correct? And then i saw a quote that showed someone called Jo saying something about Sam not being 100% Sam after being brought back. Argh! I need get Season 2!!

Well, i'm just waiting for the premiere on Thursday. Even though i'll understand almost nothing! ;)

Oh i forgot, which episode in S2 does Sam die, and which does Dean sell his soul?

12. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

yeah he only has one year, according to the deal he made with the crossroads demon. you should get s2 it definitely worth the 45 bucks ;)
    that wasn't jo that said that about sammy it was the yellow eyed demon. he said it to dean after sammy was brought back to life.
    sam dies episode 2.21: all hell breaks loose part1 and dean sells his soul in episode 2.22: all hell breaks loose part 2

13. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Ok thanks for that. :)

What about Sam's powers? Do they progress or what?

And the premiere. I'm not sure about you guys, but i don't have cable. I got the 5 channles. Peaseant tv you can call it. Anyone hear have peasent tv and know what channel and time it's on at? Because i'm getting mixed up, hearing it on City TV, then on Access...

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ CityTv would have the new episodes at 9pm Thursdays. Access usually has older episodes and will most likely have the Premiere a few days to a week after CityTV does. I think CityTV is cable 7 in Edmonton and area, right? (Used to be A-Channel)

As for Sam's powers, I'm not exactly sure what happens this season, but at the end of season two we caught a bit of Evil!Sammy but he hadn't fully embraced his powers. He tried to keep as much of his humanity in tact as he could throughout season two. I hope this helps somewhat. :lol:

15. BabaOReilly

Actually, I was wondering if he'd still have powers, since they killed the yellow eyed demon? I had a feeling he might no longer be a psychic, since all his visions had to do with the other "psychic kids" and the yellow eyed demon. Just a theory though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.