Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

That isn't a response,and it is NOT positive, its telling a person what NOT to post, because its against the GSR agenda...

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I don't think Grissom and Sara will marry. There are several reasons why Sara might leave.
    1) She can't handle the job any more.
    2) The fact that everyone knows about the affair makes things too difficult.
    3) Ecklie fires her or makes things too difficult.
    4) Grissom and her were told one of them had to leave and she volunteered.
    5) She needs a new start, so she moves.
    6) A combination of all of the above.
    Natalie seems too have a total break with reality. I don't think she will do much anymore but mumble or sing that doll's song. I hope they won't have Sara killed. It would be interesting to have Sara come in the picture every once in awhile. CSI:Miami already made the mistake of killing off a popular character. Let's hope Las Vegas learned from their mistake.

3. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Ok, back to next week's episode now that that's out of they way. :)

I think the difference in Grissom and Sara's answers is because of their definition of intimacy. I think Sara's is full on sex, while Grissom's is probably intimate gesutres like arm stroking or it could be that Grissom and Sara had a one night stand back when she was in college and Sara is only counting the time they've been together officially. Also, there is the possibly that one of them is lying to try and make things better. For example, Grissom could be saying nine years, so it shows that they've been together the entire time while working Vegas and no one ever noticed.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :)

4. logan333

logan333 Civilian

is it true that jorja fox the series leaves? does the chance exist that it signs and at a later time again to the series pushes still another new contract?

5. crazytoast

crazytoast Victim

My brain and heart almost exploded simultaneously when I read that Jorja is leaving the show in November. I sincerely hope TPTB write her off well.

As much as I am a hopeless romantic and avid GSR shipper, the time has come where Sara and Grissom must face the Red Tape Bureaucracy concerning their relationship. The reality of their relationship means that one of them has to be fired, demoted, relocated, or, heaven forbid!, killed off. Jorja's decision to leave CSI gives TPTB the perfect opportunity to write her off with style.

As for episode 802, I was positively thrilled to watch the 2 yr/9 yr teaser scene. It is most certainly representative of how Grissom and Sara define intimacy. GSRLUVER is correct in ascertaining that Sara defines it as physical intimacy, whereas for Grissom, intimacy does not necessarily equate with physical interaction. For him, intimacy is about letting someone in on who you truly are, behind closed doors.

6. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

Good theory GSRLuver, and very similar to mine. Here is mine. I think she said two years based on their current relationship. I think he said 9 years, because maybe they were "intimate" (as in a fling) when they met 9 years ago at the seminar. Grissom is taking the literal translation of when they were FIRST intimate. Maybe they had a short fling in San Francisco 9 years ago and it just never took off b/c they were in separate states. Aaahh, how great minds think alike!

7. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Now that Sara has "survived" there are a couple of ways to write her off that are decent and good. I think much of it will revolve around Ecklie and the stink that is being made.

The positive that can be taken is that they didn't appear to kill her. That not only means that we get a (probably heart wrenching) departure scene, but we get the potential that she could re-appear at a later date.

When I read the article, I think she makes it clear that after 7 year of playing Sara, she is financially more than comfortable and doesn't have a great need to work. She declined the extension because it wasn't enough money increase to take another year of her life.

She also dropped the bomb that everyone else is up at the end of this year. That means that there is likely more cast turbulance to come. So don't be surprised if Sara gets written off to a "job in San Francisco" and then by the end of the year Grissom is heading that way as well. Taken like that, there is actually potential that season 8 is the end of CSI. Hmm.

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I can't believe Jorja is leaving. Well apparently leaving. D:

9. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

Well if Sara´s gone, I´m gone. GSR almost killed the show for me and I couldn´t watch most S7.

But Jorja leaving would be the definate end of this show. I hope it´s not true...

10. GaussianFractal

GaussianFractal Civilian

I couldn't figure out how Sara got her arm out from under the car. At first I thought she was cutting it off, but they showed her with the arm after her escape. Did she hammer it out with the rock? Or how did she get it out?

11. crazytoast

crazytoast Victim

she got out by using the rearview mirror to scrape away the sand along with using the momentum of the incoming rainwater that was causing the car to shift.

12. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

I think this season will be the end of CSi, I thought that ever since they annoced that Billy was only signed through Season 8 last year. Plus from CBS other programing it looks like they want it to end as well.
    All the actors contracts are up this year, but fans have known that for two years.
    I feel they are writing Sara to SF and at the end of the season when Billy's contract is up his character will go with her.
    Maybe she will guest star.
    I also think there will be many other cast problems.
    Has anyone else heard about Gary Dourdan beating up a guy?
    Billy and Marg are two of the highest paid actors on TV.
    I just think CSI is getting too expensive for CBS.
    So they will close the characters off change the cast maybe have Greg run the lab.
    I really feel this season is the swan song for CSI or at least with this cast.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Back on topic...

Just that they work a case involving go-carts and a racer is killed on the track.

Thanks for letting me (us) know, that's cool. I am happy to hear that.Another thing to look forward to.

14. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

GSR_Sara_Gil: You are correct for somethings. Network TV is facing declining viewership and therefore declining ad revenues. Look at what NBC had to do with the Law and Order franchice. The main show just barely survived another season, SVU makes it another year, and the Criminal Intent is being shifted over to USA with significantly reduced payrolls.

The problem for CBS is that CSI is a very highly rated show. They see that NBC has gotten problem an extra 6 or 7 seasons out of ER beyond the original cast, they are 120 episodes PAST the death of Dr Green and almost 2 seasons past Dr Carter, and still it rolls on. CSI as a concept has plenty of potential to run long term.

However, as the seasons have become more and more of a shipper heaven, it makes it harder for people to pull back a little from the characters and look at the overall concept.

So in order to point the spoiler on this, Jorja Fox is almost entirely surely done, or at least taking a long sabbatical from the show. That suggests at least one replacement character.

Also, Both Grissom and Catherine have premade exit doors. Grissom will likely have the "chase Sara" or "return to teaching" options, and Catherine can be bumped any time just by saying that the land and stuff that Sam left her is now out of lockup and suddently she is a multi, multi millionaire with no reason to risk her life.

I would suspect that Nick, Greg, and Warrick would re-appear into season 9, possibly with a new boss transfered from "day shift". This would be much more likely if any newer CSIs added this season are female, requiered to balance out the game.

Interesting times, "hello goodbye" could be a common theme for the season.

15. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.