Season 8: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Re: "Dead Doll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

The scene where Natalie where she talked about Ernie just underscored the idea that Ernie and Natalie commited incest. Ernie was suppose to be her foster father. I think Grissom is more Sara's mentor than father figure.

What is your question about the water? Are you asking where the water came from? Are you questioning if that was enough water to move the car?

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I loved the episode! The car scene with Natalie and Sara was so intense! I just kept saying, "Holy crap!" lol

Also, I loved the fact that Sara said, "Hello Gilbert," and that they had the flashback chalk scene.

As for her leaving the car, I think we all need to put ourselves in Sara's shoes. If you have been traumatized like that, you'd want to get as far away from the crime scene as possible. Also, she didn't know when the team found out that she was missing or if they had found any clues. She probably figured that Natalie covered her tracts really well. Further more, she didn't even know if there was a miniature of her crime scene or not. So, in the end, I think you have to realize that she was trying to find help and save herself in case everyone else wouldn't be in time.

My favourite part of course, was the very end. I think William Petersen is an acting god! The looks he gave Sara in the helicopter were looks of true adoration and love.

I'm so excited for next weeks episode with the whole 2 years or 9 years thing. Also, in the Canadian promo (I watched the episode twice) it shows Ecklie saying, "You've been dodging me Gil," and Grissom just smirks at Ecklie which was great. I'm also curious about that small scene in the American promo with Grissom and Sara sitting in a car. I wonder if it's a flashback because I think they look, "younger," but it could also be Grissom taking Sara home from the hospital.

Well my two dollars worth! lol :)

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I loved the episode. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It even had a couple of surprises. So many shows today give you an idea of how the episode will end half way through, but this one did not. I did not expect her to get from under the car. I expected them to have to remove the car. I also did not expect to see all of the backstory scenes. That was a big surprise. I was glad they did that. It gave so much that was needed to make the story really pop. I was very impressed with this episode and if this is how this season will continue it could be one of the best ones.

4. DrWriterMom

DrWriterMom Civilian

About Sara's non-detectable pulse. She was dehydrated and in shock. That's a low blood flow state, she'd be unconscious. A weak, thready pulse can be very hard to detect. Aggressive IV fluid hydration would make her pulse detectable (IV fluids would raise her blood pressure), she'd get improved blood flow to her brain, hence regaining consciousness.

That they didn't do CPR means the paramedics had a portable doppler in the field that did detect a pulse. She wasn't intubated, so she was breathing on her own, hence she only got oxygen via face mask. If she truly had no pulse, she would not have been breathing, they would have initiated CPR and intubated her in the field.

Her awakening was somewhat saccharin-sweet, but medically, not implausible.

5. crazytoast

crazytoast Victim

1. The use of flashbacks was a great idea, however, towards the end the continuity was a bit choppy and ultimately distracting.

2. WP is a very fine actor, but I expected much more from Grissom. We have seen him more agitated during other cases; therefore, surely he would have been going crazy searching for the woman he loves, no? His reactions were underwhelming to say the least.

3. Once they located the mustang, WHY did the helicopters stop searching??? An idiotic move.

4. Hodges identifying the location due to actual CSI work was fantastic.

5. Nick's bedroom scene: exactly what I wanted from him, and what i would have liked to see from each of the other team members (an emotional response). Once they inserted the flashback to gumdrops, I knew that Nick would be the one to find her. Evidence of weak writing from the TPTB.

6. The impound company that took the Mustang should have been in the report.

7. Jorja's acting was really impeccable. I did want to question why Sara would leave the car and roam the desert but based upon the fact that she was tasered, beaten up, drugged, and almost suffocated underwater, i believe she just wanted to get away from that damn car! I also believe that she knew she needed to get to higher ground to assess her situation. she didn't make those rock towers.

8. Finding that dead body was ridiculously cliched.

9. When Sara wakes up and we see that the first thing she sees is Grissom's name on his vest, that was MUAH! Perfecto!

10. Overall this epi was drawn out too much and I was so disappointed in it. I only give it a 5/10 and I am a CSI:LV & GSR shipper for ETERNITY. The writing was horrid and the actors did as best as they could with it.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

So you didn't watch? Because other than the set-up, it was nothing like Grave Danger.

7. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

I thought the episode was good. What my sister and I didn't get was "WHY SHE KEPT WANDERING AND NOT STAYING PUT???" They would have found her quicker if she stayed in one place. I'm not a Sara fan but she was giving that Natalie the buisness when she escaped the trunk. I was dying laughing!!! There wasn't enough Warrick or Greg for me but overall I'll give it an 8 out of 10. Can't wait till next week!

8. rszski67

rszski67 Victim

Well, it looks like either you loved it or hated it. People either like the science or a personal story. On one hand, I just want to be entertained with a good story, but I am attached to the people. IF i didn't care, I would just watch Law and Order, who change people so much, I can care less who they are. Therefore, I just don't watch it since Lenny left.

I liked it because I really didn't know if she would die or not. I do like to see what ramifications will happen due to the relationship. Will Grissom be held to a different standard? Will Sara stay or go? Now THAT is what is intersting to me. '

TBC...

RSZski

9. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

victim kidnappen in a public place - trashing around in the back of a car - hearing the kidnapper (live not on tape) - constricted under earth (car) - team founding dead dog (body instead of epected victim) - flood (cracking casket - coyote - ats - finding the victim just in the neck of time - ride with vitim in the ambulance Medevac.

Oh and Nick singing to keep his saity - sara doing math and getting every answer wrong. Was I supposed to feel sorry for her an not laugh? :lol:

No, it was absolutely original this one. Heck they even found Sara's vest and showed the name. :lol:

No it was nothing like GD, because the team was not involved like it was in GD. Did Greg and Warrick sign off totally after the first 20 mins? and I didn't feel squat for Sara because I was laughing at the stupidity of it all.

And did Sara have the left arm in the sling when she slo-moed the desert and the right arms crushed under the car? Anybody care to explain that?

I get that GSRers love this romancing. But really, is this CSI? How much science was used to find her? Oh, Warrick calculated the distance driven and Grissom checked if electricity will short-circuit under water (I could have told him that.) But then? :lol:

10. Nomate

Nomate Police Officer

I'm going to admit that I was watching The Office instead of this. I switched back to it every chance I got, but I found myself sadly dissapointed by the time it had finished. Near the beginning I wanted to cry seeing Sara going through everything she did, but in the end I felt it got too predictable and cliche. Maybe I missed all the good parts or something. The dead body was silly, the flipping of the car made no sense, Sara's walking in the desert to 'stay alive' was barely plausable, Grissom's stoic response left a lot to be desired. Maybe it's just his character, but it's so infuriating that 'nothing' gets to this man! It was a great opportunity for character development and from what I saw, it was more like something from mission impossible.

11. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I liked the episode just because I wanted to see the end. In my opinion it was way too unrealistic that anyone would live through any of that. And, I can't help to agree...for someone who is as smart as Sara was...why the heck did she wonder around the desert? Once she got out...she should have found cover under a rock or something.

I can't wait to see the ramifications of their relationship. That is what I want to see as well. This should be good...because Ecklie doesn't think fondly of Sara...who he thought should have been fired, but Grissom kept her on. Hahaha...makes for some angst.

12. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

If this keeps up into episode two, we can rename the show GSI: Grey's Scene Investigation.

13. Nomate

Nomate Police Officer

Maybe Ecklie will switch Sara to day shift as a result under the premise that her current boss can't be completely objective if he's dating one of his employees. That would surely complicate things.

14. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

I have to admit, it was pretty unrealistic. Sara managed to lift the car by herself to get her arm out? Her arm would have been more purple if it was broken that badly. I don't know this may be just me but can enough water to swim in be found in a flash flood? Sara made her stumbling out from under the car quite dramatic, with all the grunts and twisting back to see the car. don't get me wrong, I did love the episode more that the 7 finale by far.

15. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

oh wow I am so THRILLED to hear that Sara lives! (not that I ever doubted they'd kill her off!)

sorry I've not been about much, I really wanted to go spoiler free so basically just stopped going anywhere where spoilers might be (which meant not going to many sites at all!) but i figured i was bound to stumble over whether Sara lives or not sooner or later, considering it's still 4 months until it's due to air in the UK and there was no way i would manage to avoid everything CSI for another 4 months!

anyway, DH is downloading the epi for me! YAHOO! I am so happy! will write up my thoughts and feelings on the ep once viewed ;)