Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well if she leaves I am okay with it. I do not watch the show for her.

Nice to see Ecklie back to being his annoying self next week. :lol:

2. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

I was reading TWOP's reaction and their all up in arms and saying that their going to stop watching the show if jorja leaves...so overdramatic. It's sad jorja is leaving, but I am not going to stop watching the show because one actor is leaving. I still have Nick and Greg. Sara was cool, but far from my favorite character.

I agree Dizzney

My fav list:
    1. Greg/Nick/Flack( make a nice triple decker man sandwich :))
    2. Grissom
    3. Speed( even in death, he is still one of my favs.)

3. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

Yes Grizzom we get it . You did not like it . But there is no need to write it over and over again in every thread

4. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

and how many times do we have to read that Grissom and Sara are cute together?? seriously, this board is against people who don't like GSR...

5. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Look, my opinion is not based on GSR. I only put it into two threads, and that is the end. It really is TERRIBLE (whoops, I said it again).

It was an inexplicable episode. It does not fit in with one single attribute of the CSI strengths, and I believe that the episode itself is unrepeatable (I do think Jorja had about 5 minutes of good acting, but that is not an episode). Thus it is neither stand-alone, nor part of any CSI arc. It showed us nothing. It was a desperate ratings grab with a tiny payoff. As tiny as that thrill moment finding the guy somehow buried in the sand after 48 hours. If wiser minds don't agree with me, then consider me buried like that faux-Sara dude.

I will go so far as to say that you only singled me out because a) I was honest, and b) I was RIGHT.

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I'm looking forward to seeing Ecklie grill Grissom and Sara about their relationship, and to also seeing the other members' reaction.

I'm disappointed to read that Jorja is leaving the show in November. I wanted GSR to end, but not Sara to leave. It's going to be difficult to fill the void left by Sara's exit. Very difficult.

7. Sven233

Sven233 Victim

Hey guys. I know I am new here, but I thought you might like to read an exclusive interview where Jorja Fox discusses her future. It is an interview AFTER the premiere tonight:

Ausiello Report - by Michael Ausiello

Warning: If You Haven't Watched Tonight's CSI, Stop Reading! [Article REMOVED]

It looks that she may have survived the premiere, but she will indeed be gone come November. I hope it isn't true, but it looks like things are pointing that way.

*Edited: Due to copywrite problems the article was removed but the link can remain.*

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Enough already!

Did anyone read the point I made about discussing "Dead Doll" in this thread? If so Look up a couple posts you will see it.

Did folks miss the point (Posted at the top of page 14 second post down as well as other pages) regarding the arguing, bickering, attacking what have you that has been taking place on this thread? If not I suggest you all check it out.

As to the board favoring, this forum has done everything possible to make it equally comfortable for people who enjoy the many aspects of the LV show.

Lastly and yet the fact that I need to post this AGAIN truely disheartens me since you all should know this by now. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions, EVERYONE is entitled to disagree with said opinions, what is UNACCEPTABLE is attacking people for having an opinion.

Now time to get back on topic. Thank you.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I will probably be more convinced when spoilers from other sources come; Ausiello is hard to trust isn't he?

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I think Ausiello is pretty on the level with regards to Jorja leaving the show in November. The interview was pretty much to the point. I personally have no reason to doubt it.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I think he's trying to hint that, but I'll still wait and see. To those who say they don't believe Ausiello, he posted an interview he had with Jorja and they talked about her contract. So I guess everything said in the post is accurate to an extend.

12. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Any "group" show that loses a player suffers. But this is a case where Jorja leaving the show as the season goes on is actually not a terrible thing for the show as a whole. let me explain:

While season 7 generally was a good season and showed some great depth in the starring cast and the supporting roles, it degraded as the season went on and sunk pretty far into the shipper department. As strong as the MK story arc was, it was overshadowed by the budding romance at the table.

In the end, when it came to Sara, Grissom, and the work at CSI, the writers had put themselves into a pretty ugly corner that has few good exits, unless one of the characters is leaving.

So Sara can leave. Grissom can get chewed out, possibly even demoted. A new CSI can come in a stir the pot a bit (worked well in season 7, didn't it?) and the writers can get back to doing a little more of the procedural drama and exploring the new character, especially in how that character plays against others.

Hodges making the starring page is a clear indication that, like Doc Robbins, he is more than likely going to be a clearer leading player this season.

It is obvious as well that, at least for the next couple of shows, Ecklie is present and accounted for.

I know that the Sara fans will be sad to see her go, and I am sure that it changes the show no matter how much we wish it didn't. But at the end of the day, nobody knew any of these characters 7 years ago, and time has allowed them to grow. New character(s) will in time fill that same space.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh for God's sake. You know there are people here who support GSR, so it shouldn't shock you when they respond, but making your own negative remarks, and then being furious when someone makes a positive one about something you didn't like is pretty ridiculous.

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Is it official that she is leaving?

Is the new Promo online?

15. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

If she leaves I am done and it has nothing to do with GSR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.