Season 8: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2007.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Re: "Dead Doll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

well, might as well toss in my 2 cents worth seeing everyone else is.

Overall, not to bad....a few sketchy parts, a couple slow and boring parts, and some good exciting parts.

A respectable 7 1/2 out of 10...not the best I've seen, not the worst.

and wally finally being in the credits? all I can say is WAHOO!....he is oh so due a spot. I am glad to see it! Some may think differently, thats cool....I am happy though! Go HODGES! :lol:

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hehe. I just read Michael Ausiello's interview with Jorja.

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

When the episode finished I had one word: "Beautiful."

I thought it was just beautiful and lyrical, and I loved feeling the pain of everyone and the strength and the masterful way that they were a family.

When Grissom started to lose hope, Catherine let him know it would be ok. When Nick started to fall apart, he remembered Sara, and how hard they fought to find him, and how hard he fought to find that little girl in Gum Drops, and he knows he can't stop fighting now for Sara.

Sara proved she's strong. She's not one to be messed with, and she tried her best to get away, to get free, to find help. Sure, leaving the site of the car might not have been the best idea, but she was delerious and fighting for her life. She wanted to live.

I loved getting to go through her journey with her. I hadn't expected to see her that much this episode, but it was a visual and emotional treat. She was breaking and hurting, and yet she never stopped fighting.

I love that Grissom wasn't the one to find her. I know I'm a GSR shipper, and I'm supposed to want that running through the fields into each other's arms stuff, but that's not my MO. I love that Nick was there with Sophia, and that he immediately started pouring water all over her.

I love how Gil was smart enough to stay away and let the medics work, but when it came to separate from Sara so she could go to the hospital, he wasn't having it. He climbed in there, and reached for her hand, and when she opened her eyes, there he was. I love how he smiled at her. I LOVE there wasn't a kiss. I LOVE that there wasn't a hug. I LOVE that no words were spoken. It was beautiful.

I just loved this. I know others disagree, but I love lyrical, slow-moving things, sometimes, and this just captured and captivated me.

It made me love CSI even more, and love these characters, and helped me realize just what an amazing family they are.

I mean, processing a car is usually Warrick and Sara's thing... But Gil was there, and Warrick kept trying to offer answers, to offer something to cling to, something tangible. They were just a great family. I loved it.

4. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

which interview drumchik?

5. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

From a 20 year old guy's perspective, I liked it a lot. It was excetly what I thought it was gonna be. Although they did cut out some scenes from the promo like someone said, like Warrick and Nick walking into Natalie's apartment, and Warrick in the locker room.

If I was writing I prolly would have put more flashback scenes in the episode. I was suprised they only had one for Gris & Sara, and why they picked Scoobie Doobie Doo I'm not really sure. I think they should have picked the pilot when they were re-aquainted, or maybe the Nesting Dolls scene. And if they had flashbacks, I dont know why they just had Nick other then Gris.

Anyways, my two other roommates liked the episode a little less then me. They wanted more science, like most of you, but the epi was excetly how I thought it would be.

I however have a huge bone to pick with the credits, I thought they were pretty boring and that they would spice it up a little. Same as last year besides one dif shot of Warrick and adding in Hodges. Maybe they will change them up in the upcoming weeks but who knows.

Overall I give it 8.5/10. Let's just say I'm very excited for next week.

6. Tal_Celes

Tal_Celes Victim

I agree with all of you that were hoping Grissom would be the one to find her. I was mad about that but at least he was the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes :)

I also loved Nicky getting frustrated in Natalie's bedroom.. after the flashback he has a knowing smile on his face. He knew she was alive at that point.

CSIdoglover54 I also thought for a minute that Natalie had planted a second car!!

7. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Good point. I sarcastically dragged a box of tissues into the room. No way did I know that CM was insulting us. I doubt one single person cried, Sara fan or not. This was a walk-over.

I fully expect that what I predicted re the foilers is true. Half the "Catherine" scenes will be "Sara" scenes.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

This episode was pretty good, but there have been better. I guess Warrick had to hold down the fort since he was not involved in the search process. I do think the actress who plays Natalie is great.

I read the interview too about Jorga...interesting.

9. Tal_Celes

Tal_Celes Victim

Very well said!

10. pink_orchid

pink_orchid Civilian

soo...out of a 10 I think that it's about a strong 6.5 for some reasons that some of the other posters already added(raw_alex) with the car being moved on top and also I feel that they should have made the epi much better if they would have added more to it by not making it a shipper epi...that was expected I know, but at the same time I think that they should have at least made it a shipper epi with a bit more character interaction between everyone. Also, the whole 'magic of love' touch, that bugged me; romantic I know but come on, she had no radial pulse and stuff yet 3 sec after gil holds her hand she opens her eyes and gave a small smile, no that just doesn't sit right. It was a good epi, but I think not a good opener for a season.

11. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

They found the body of hiker who was caught in a flash flood. It was a guy with long hair, so from a distance it looked like it was a woman. I would rate it a ten. It was an exciting and emotional show. It was touching at the end when Sara finally opened her eyes and Grissom was there.

12. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

I thought the same thing about the second car. Because when we saw it in the scenes with Sara, it wasn't covered with dirt. LOL!!

13. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I think the most disappointing thing about this episode, and it was something that I believe all of us wanted to see, was the failure of the writers to show us the anxiety and stress that the team would have to endure while searching for Sara. We got to see their feelings in "Grave Danger" but except for Grissom and Nick (powerful Nick flashbacks and emotions - bravo Nick!), we didn't really see it from Greg, Warrick, Catherine, Brass, etc.

Greg in a whirlybird = one handsome dude!

My VCR failed me during the last 15 minutes of this episode so I'm going to have to wait until it reruns before I can see it again. I'm mad at myself for not paying attention to the VCR.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I thought it was wonderful!!

I loved how Nick was the one to find her in the desert. I mean Sara was the one that figured out where he was in Grave Danger and now Nick rescues her in the desert. So that was well done.

Jorja was great. Really great.

I thought the music chosen for the scenes where she's lost in the desert was very fitting. The arabian type music gave a semblance of what Sara was suffering as she walked through the 110 degree heat.

Great balance of scenes for the characters. Looks like CSI is getting it right.
    I give it a 9/10.

15. jasjod

jasjod Dead on Arrival

What was so bad about it? I thought after last season (which had numerous dumb shows) this was a strong start. It looked like Sara was making her way to the main road that Sophia and Nick were driving on. I can see that. Easier to maybe have someone find you out in the open of a main road as opposed to hanging by a turned over car. Plus how's she to know they had clues to the car? I thought the flashbacks were tied in real well. It would have been too unralistic to have Grissom find her. That would make it feel too much like it was stagged. Grissom going with her? What's wrong with that? As for the lack of lab stuff, this was a continuation. They had a decent amount of lab stuff in the fisrt part. This part was all about finding Sara and telling how she got under the car and how she got out. Great episode to start the season.