Season 8: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2007.

1. hodges_alias_47

hodges_alias_47 Police Officer

Re: "Dead Doll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm wearing my CSI t-shirt to commemorate the season premiere ... its a black shirt ... but pretty humid out today ... so yeah ... all for CSI!

2. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I have to work late tonight, so while most of you are watching, I'll be waiting. :(
    Congratulations to CBS. Their cliffhanger worked. I've looked forward to this night all summer.

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

It certainly did!

4. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

It's 11:00 am CST.

9 hours and counting til the premiere of "CSI: LV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:)
    Woo-hoo!! Cannot wait! Just have to find out what happens to Sara. I think she survives but from the previews you just never know. I've read some of the posts from others who have suggestions on the meaning of the title of the show, and those are very good suggestions. Will just have to wait and see tonight!!

(By the way, it's so unfair that The Office on NBC comes on at the same time as CSI on CBS. Ugh. Sorry, just had to vent about that, ha.)

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I don't know if i can watch it at 8 tonight..but i am going to try...it is nice having two chances to watch it! After New York's premier being so good, i hope this won't be a let down, just like the finale was...

I honestly don't think this will bring in the ratings though, i wouldn't be surprised if there was another ratings drop.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Considering that Miami dropped 14% from last season's premiere, New York -26%, Criminal Minds -20%, Two and a Half Men -16%, Prison Break -11%, How I Met Your Mother -13%, and Law and Order SVU - 19%, I'd say that CSI dropping from last year is a pretty good bet.

7. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

The networks have not done a very good job this year promoting their season starts, nowhere near what it use to be. Further, the cable networks are running continuous new season, with new programs appears here and there all through the year, which again sort of hurts the whole season thing.

Network TV is in a serious funk.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think that DVRs and online downloads are much bigger factors, though.

9. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

let's see csi viewership rise this year, huh? how about that? i hope so
    whatever though, 7 hours 6 minutes
    holy freaking shiplove...

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Is that the one on MSNBC? Are we not allowed to direct people there? Anyway, that's a GREAT article, I think. I really like the option of Sara and Nick bonding over this and Grissom being jealous. ;) Seriously, that would be a good storyline.

11. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

^^ Could you post a link to the article if you have one?

Episodes that are recorded with DVR still go into the ratings, I'm pretty sure. Personally, I'll be surprised if CSI doesn't get amazing ratings for the premiere.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Also having every single premier in one week...how dumb is that?

But it doesn't account for CSI's drop in Canada, we don't have TiVO, and the digital recorders that cable providers have are not that commen yet due to the price. And we can't watch the eppys on CBS.com, it is only available to US citizens...

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

A few years ago, Joey premiered on September 10th. Why is it that it seems like the seasons' starts are creeping closer and closer to October every year?

If I felt like they were cutting down on repeat time, I might be glad, but more and more it just seems like they're trying to stall to get more advertising in.

We do have DVRs, though, which do exactly the same thing as TiVo. Also, teen viewership has dropped over 2 hours per week in the past two years, and there has been an increase in the amount of Canadian content being viewed overall.

Canadians also have satellites in a huge percentage, Saskatchewan ironically having the highest number of satellite penetrations. People have hundreds - even thousands - of options now. Often the hottest, most talked-about shows are ones you have to pay for on specialty channels. And yes, CSI has gone down in Canada, but it typically retains the top spot or in the top 3, which says that all shows are down, just like in the states.

Only if they're watched the same night. If you record CSI, but watch it Friday, it's not counted.

14. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

wat if you record it while you watch it on thursday then watch it again on thursday (then maybe again) and then watch it on friday, saturday and sunday...
    lol, j/k
    I'm very excited to see how this whole thing plays out! 4 hours 27 minutes

15. addictedtogreg

addictedtogreg Dead on Arrival

HAS EVERYONE HERE SEEN THE SNEAK PEEK ON YOUTUBE???? CBS provided it, and it proves that Sara IS under a car. i won't say anymore but WATCH IT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41-rRe13fHg