Grade 'Can You Hear Me Now?'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 26, 2007.

1. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

B

I thought it was good, but nothing spectacular. I really enjoy the episodes where the whole team works one case though. It seems to give everyone a little more time, instead of one or two people always getting hosed by the priority given to the "A" story. This was nice for a season opener in that everyone got a little time.

Not loving the new opening credits. It was time for an update and I'm sure they'll grow on me, but Carmine's smile in the old opening credits is the stuff legends are made of. Sad to see that go and the new musical arrangement sounds strange.

* Mac: There was a nice little build-up here. What's up with this 3:33 am caller? But there seems to be something more that's bothering Mac as well. I like this. There's some depth and I'm looking forward to finding out what's going on with Mac.

* Stella: I enjoyed the interaction between Stella and Mac. The way she's able to read him lends a nice quality to their relationship. But I hate the convenience of the writing device used where the character is sent back to somewhere she's already been. NYC is one big ass city with a lot of homicides. What are the odds that the same crime scene investigator will be assigned to the same location twice within a year, and then conveniently watch pieces fall into place?

* Lindsay: Like the new, edgier 'do. She's been sexed up a little bit and it works for her. The character doesn't grate on my nerves too badly when used in light situations that Anna's limited range can accommodate.

* Danny: The opening bit felt weird. The tone just didn't sound like Danny. Perhaps that could be attributed to Carmine dangling from the Statue of Liberty all day. In the beginning when Danny and Lindsay were doing their little video conferencing thing, i was pleased to note that when Lindsay said good-bye, Danny simply shut the laptop and didn't respond. It wasn't done rudely, but I was relieved to see we weren't subjected to any ridiculous, "No, you say good-bye first," ... "No, you." :rolleyes: I liked the line where Danny wanted to know where the jizz goes in the spray-on condom. My question - how the hell do you get that thing off, and what if you miss a spot? I was also relieved to see the intimate, sympathetic dialogue between Danny and Nova Kent. I was afraid the fact that Danny is in a relationship now might alter his interaction with other women.

* Adam - I really enjoyed the competitive thing he's got going on with Kendall. She's hot and they've got a fun rapport. Looking forward to more screen time for AJ this season.

* Flack - Most notable moment - "Yeah, I like to do a little sight-seeing after murder." He gets some great lines.

2. SweetDarling

SweetDarling Rookie

:S Mixed feelings about this episode. Mixed feelings about the song and opening credits. I miss Danny's kute smile...and I screamed when I saw Lindsay's new haircut. Thank goodness it looked slightly better in the episode than it did in the opening credits.

Perhaps I'm being really prudish here, but I'm noticing more sexual content in these shows. Just in this episode alone - Adam and Kendall waking up semi-naked (no sex, but still PG-13 content if you ask me) and the security guard couple at the top of the statue :p Yes I admit the CANON scenes from Snow Day were hot, but really...I think they're trying to squeeze in too much sex for a crime show. Sex, and violence too. Yes yes I know this is a crime show and all, and there ARE disclaimers and such, but yeah I still have that image of Brock (was that his name) squirming and struggling as he was being drained of his blood and being embaled alive. Will probably haunt my dreams :p

Anyhoo okay so Kendall the new girl. She's hot, but she's not smooth. Her interactions with Adam (and in the lab with Stella) were awkward. Especially the way Adam looked at her while she was talking, as if...there's supposed to be more or something. I don't know, I was sitting there waiting for something. Very anti-climatic.

Mac and the 3:33am thing was cool. When his office phone rang at the end of the episode, I knew it was going to be that stalker-caller. Hmm when Stella first questioned him about how he's doing and he said jetlag, I was starting to think that something happened with Peyton over in Englad. I guess we'll wait to find out.

The new technology thing was very confusing for me. Mac and the whole matix-y blood splatter thing. Seriously I thought it was some sort of special effects or something...until he started touching the stuff. Sid with the brain imaging was cool though.

One last comment: what happened to the missing male security guard? I can't seem to remember how the search for him ended?

3. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

LOVE the new opening! That's all I can say for now, gotta go watch the rest of the episode!

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Mac and Danny found him inside the drum with his tongue cut out. He died in the hospital.

5. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

I thought that was the witness - the one who didn't want to say anything because he was in the country on a visa. I think the security guard was the arm Sid was showing Mac. He said something about the guy's prints being on file.

Hmm. One case, but perhaps too many bodies (and parts of bodies)! ;)

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh, that's right. *facepalm*

Definitely too many bodies. :eek:

7. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

You have all summed it up. I'll keep it simple:

Opening credits-Short and to the point (not crazy about it).

My Dearest Hawkes-LOVE him regardless, but I'm always in favor of the clean cut look.

The new girl-It's too early to tell if I like her. If I'd blinked I would've missed her.

Lindsay's haircut-Youthful; nice change.

Lastly, LOVED the suspense regarding 3:33. I'm also in favor of seeing that evolve.

I'll give it a B-. It was still worth the wait. :rolleyes:

8. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I really liked this episode. I have to give it an A just for the pure enjoyment of Adam in this episode and for the spray on condom.

I love Lindsay's and Hawkes' hair!

VERY interested regarding the 3:33 thing. BTW, the call was a minute early. He called at 3:32 and hung up at 3:33.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I gave this episode an A. I like the new opening theme. The only thing that kept me from giving it an A+ is the music during the story. I don't need a rock concert blaring from my TV. They need to get more variety in the music. The story line was great. Good use of Matrix-like effects of the blood spurting out and Mac walking around it.

10. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

I gave it a B+. It was a nice episode to start the season, but I thought it was a little predictable who the killer was. I really do like the episodes in which they only have one case though; it always feels as if everybody gets a little more screen time.

I’m not sure about the new credits. I guess it will take me some time to get used to the music. I can’t really comment on the clips they used, because I have only seen it in a rather shitty quality. And I’m slightly pissed that they didn’t add AJ and Robert.

I did like the scenes with Adam and Kendall as a couple, and the competition between them was nice to watch. However I hope that they won’t be together in every scene, but get development on their own too.

Surprisingly Lindsay didn’t annoy me too much. I thought the spray-condom scene seemed a bit forced, but I liked Danny in this scene.

I like the suspense about the phone calls Mac got. I really want to know where that is going and it would be nice if they would build up a longer story arc there, it looks interesting.

I loved when Flack shut the blind in the apartment, I don’t know why but I loved that scene. And he had a few more great scenes. I would love to say that he looked hotter than ever but again the quality in which I got the episode was awful, I couldn’t even figure if his tie was fugly… :( :lol:

11. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I gave the episode a B+. I was kind of hoping that this episode would blow me away...Alas, it didn't...It was just okay, I guess.

I'm glad they finally changed the opening credits but I've got to say I didn't like what they did to The Who's Baba O'Riley. I didn't like how they mixed it up.

What I loved was that the whole team worked together on the case. I liked the interaction between Adam and Kendall. Loved Danny's reaction to the spray-on condom...that was so hilarious :lol: :lol:...Loved the part where Flack and Danny chased down Anthony Colton.

I didn't like the fact that Stella was once again almost in peril...That really sucked...she was all alone when she faced Morton albeit she didn't know he was the vigilante...but still...although she was almost Rambo-Stella there.

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

The story arc with the caller is suppose to last a number of episodes. I'm thinking the producer said 13, but I could be wrong. It doesn't sound like it will fizzle out. ;)

13. celtess

celtess Rookie

A
    It's why I whatch this show, every season is different, and the new theme is amazing.
    good beginning with Mac's storyline
    I love the end when Stella is with the murderer!!
    Great episode
    And Adam is so funny with his new girlfriend lol

14. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

Re: the brain imaging, yes it does exist, though it's very very expensive. I liked the 3D image better than the floating blood-drops; the former is at least grounded in science.

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Overall, I liked this episode.

I like the new opening credits, though it would be better with Adam and Sid ;) Not sure about the new cut of the song, though. It kinda through me off a bit.

Adam waking up on the floor was so cute. I have to admit it made me laugh.

The case itself was good too. Not really sure what to say about it. It was somewhat predictable, but still good.

Not much else to say... It's still early here :lol: