Adam/AJ: Lab Geeks Can Be Hot

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

OMG CHAD!! *lol* 'You want a rub-down or a refractive index test?' :lol:

New York definitely needs someone whose job is to read through the episodes and spot continuity errors. Surely, if the fans can remember something, TPTB should be able to as well.

Him moving from Phoenix to Seattle could work, sure--but that seems more like a f*ck-up than a deliberate thing. :rolleyes: I'd love to see them prove me wrong, though.

Isn't Seattle the home of many things technological? Maybe he moved there to get and use some mad computer skillz and then Mac, the man that apparently hires people from across the country instead of in the city he's in, was like 'OMG, NYPD nao!' and Adam was like 'Kay!'

Although I do think it would be hilarious if the CSIs were like "Zomg, we can't solve this crime. We need--THE X-FACTOR!" And then they could push a special button in the lab that would alert Adam so that he could slip on his lab coat and rush to save the day! :lol:

2. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

Awwww. They make Adam sound all superhuman-like. *squishes him*

As for background info on the characters, I think they should be kept at face value. Like Top said, if they aren't beating it into your head over and over again, it's bound to change...

But I haven't dropped by here in ages. I'm glad to see AJ has a five-year contract with the show. Now I know I'm guaranteed to see him throughout the season. :D

3. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

Again continuity and constancy when it comes to the characters back stories don’t seem to be TPTB’s strength. I’ve seen an interview somewhere with two women working for 24 whose job was to reread the scripts and looking for continuity errors. Maybe that’s something TPTB should invest in. :rolleyes:

I just had this image of someone pushing the Alert-Adam-Button (which has to be in every lab and in the break room and in Mac’s office, in case he should have problems with his computer…) and a trapdoor in the floor opens and out comes Adam in a superhero suit to save the day… :D

Okay, that happens when I try to watch the Emmys therefore don’t get enough sleep and then drink to much coffee… :p :lol:

4. Faylinn

Let's hope he's not wearing this under his labcoat:

[​IMG]

Mac: Are you wearing fake muscles, Adam?
    Adam: I prefer to be called X-Factor when I've been summoned by the emergency button...and no, I'm not wearing fake muscles...
    Mac: ...

:lol:

Or even much of a concern at all. How long people have known each other/worked together, where people grew up--it's all over the place. If you set something up, you should work with it from there instead of disregarding it. It makes it less realistic if character backgrounds keep changing or nobody has any clue what the chosen background even is. What next, Adam has his graduate degree but is only 21? *chortle* With the way they seem to need to make people younger on this show, it wouldn't surprise me. No, Adam's not a ~30 year old man with a graduate degree who is from Phoenix, he's a 21 year old prodigy from Seattle with an evil twin! :eek:

...:lol:

5. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

^ You know everything is possible. Adam might very well be 21 and from Phoenix in season four and he could have a really great relationship with his daddy. He probably won’t have any scars on his hand and he will love really cold weather. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would pay money to see that on screen… :lol: :lol:

I found a few pics and I don’t think they were already posted here. The first two are from 'The Star Lounge in Honor of Rolling Stones 40th Anniversary' (Spe. 7th); the third is from the 'Style Villa at The Venus Pool at Ceasar’s Palace’ (Sep. 8th).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So AJ was in Las Vegas… looks like he had a good time. :lol:

A few more pictures can be found on gettyimages :)

6. Faylinn

:lol: Those are awesome, thanks for sharing. He's such a dork. :p

If they drop the ball on the issues with his father, the fans will revolt. :lol: Ignoring stuff or glossing over it is bad enough, but disregarding the one little bit of development you deliberately give someone would annoy the shite out of me. :mad:

But let's hope they don't make that mistake. It's going to be annoying enough that his hand will probably be 100% better despite having those cigarette burns in the finale.

I hope, if they have him go to any scenes the way they did a few times in season 3, that they not only continue the trend of him being out of his element--but that they also show that he's distinctly uncomfortable being out of the lab after the finale.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for posting the pictures, he has such an expressive face. :lol: :)

A very pretty dork. *strokes him*

Yeah, I really hope that they continue to develop Adam's character in the new season. And I really hope that there is continuity over his character from season 3. I'm a bit concerned after reading about the amazing Seattle lab tech, who seems rather unlike the character I have always seen, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Don't let me down TPTB. *is hopeful* :)

8. Faylinn

Here's a heads-up to the Buckley fans: mycafpow on LiveJournal created a fansite for AJ (with minimal help from me--I mostly just pointed out typos if I saw them. ;)). You can find it here. She's got a gallery and clips of some of the roles he's done. Questions, comments, suggestions--all are welcome and can be sent to the e-mail address on the site or, you know, prod me and let me know about whatever it is. ;)

There's going to be a forum if we can ever get it to work. :lol:

9. mugs

mugs Witness

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks for sharing those, mugs! :D Cute couple, but is it just me or do they totally look like they know the paparazzi is snapping pics? I always wonder how that is--if the actors can tell or if the paparazzi hide in bushes all the time? :lol:

11. Faylinn

I checked out a few of the pictures, and I'm glad that AJ got some time off to chill and hang with Sharni. ;) They look like they had some fun. (And I notice that AJ was wearing that silver bracelet he has on in the promo picture, at least in the shot I saw from the second set.)

(I'm probably just weird, but I always feel like I'm intruding when I look at pictures of people making out and whatnot, especially if they're taken by the paparazzi. :rolleyes: Yeah, I know, I'm strange. :p)

12. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

Very true. I've been stroked with a pocket protector....or two. :D

13. mercy

mercy Lab Technician

Okay, so Adam is involved with the new lab tech Kendall, but apparently they haven't... uh, yeah. Anyhow, I really enjoyed their competitiveness in the lab. AJ played the competition angle well with his body language, facial expressions, and vocal inflections. Adam's phone call from Lindsay telling him to get his butt to the lab cracked me up, along with her warning that Mac was back. It looks like after last season's brush with tragedy, Adam might be living it up a bit. You only get the one life, if tomorrow never comes, all those other corny but true cliches. It is just too bad that AJ isn't in the new opening credits.

14. Faylinn

Fay's a bad girl. I haven't been in here since the premiere. :eek:

Adam was cute with Kendall, but I'm looking forward to episodes where he's interacting more with the rest of the team rather than being cutesy the whole time. I love me some cutesy Adam, but I'd hate if the extra screentime they're giving him gets eaten up with it. Luckily, since Kendall is only a recurring character, that shouldn't be an issue. :)

It's too bad that he's not in the opening credits, but I'll cross my fingers that they'll add him in later. ;)

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I know--I'm really hoping Adam gets put in the opening credits. He belongs there if he's a regular, period. Not a fan of those new credits, but at least they should be accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.