CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I really don't think that too much should be read into the promo photo. It's a fantastic image, which I really love but I'll be interested to examine it again at the end of the season and see which elements of it can actually be interpreted. It's one of those things which can be interpreted in many ways, and that's probably one of the things that is great about it. You can find meaning in anything if you look hard enough. ;) If TPTB wanted an iconic image that would get people talking, then they've achieved their objective. :)

Agreeing with Fruitbat and Top, the spoilers so far for this season are rather disappointing. It really does seem like more of the same this season, not that I'm surprised to be honest. Celeb casting is one thing I particularly dislike. I don't think NY has the greatest record with it either, last season saw (IMO) terrible performances from Nelly Furtado and John McEnroe. I was hoping that they would have learned from the experience that acting skills should be paramount. I'm being unfair of course, because Alison Sudol (who I have absolutely never heard of anyway) could be a great actress. I live in hope.

As for Flack, I really don't want them to go down the route of him covering something up. But, it would depend on the storyline, because thinking back to last season, even though he knew Mac was right he didn't necessarily seem to immediately agree that the NYPD should have to live by the same rules as everyone else. I think there is a possibility that there could be a case where Flack may think that the end justifies the means. I agree that he has a strict moral code, but based on last season I think it is possible that he could be swayed.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

One more quick note about the flurry in here over the weekend--if someone comes in looking for trouble or who is confrontational, don't engage the person. Hit the notify mod button and let MrsG or I handle it. Thanks! :)

Back on topic...I agree that we shouldn't read too much into the picture, but the fact that Zuiker said that there are clues in it makes me curious. Granted, most of them probably revolve around Mac and Stella, but I'm still wondering about that gun and the paper in Flack's lap. And the rather worried expression on his face...

3. audrina

audrina Police Officer

On this picture. I love these kinds of "puzzles." I liked the one that had for LV to give clues about who was getting shot (we all know now it was Brass). My issue with this one is, as many of pointed out, that it's incongruent, particularly Danny in the Carmine getup and Lindsay all dolled up - she's always pretty casual. *shrugs* At least Flack kept it grounded in fiction with a fugly tie.

As for the rest of the photo, I love that Sid and Adam are both in it (Adam looks really hot in this pic, and I'm one that normally thinks of him as cute). Love that Adam is still on the computer ... keep him in the lab, IMO ... he shines there. AJ and Robert Joy should really both be in the credits this year.

I guess my 2 cents on Flack/Hawkes is that maybe Flack is involved in some kind of shooting and Hawkes investigates? I dunno.

I'm glad Mac and Stella are grouped, as I think the two actors/characters work well together, both as a professional team and as good friends.

Back to the picture to pick it apart! Can't wait for this season.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

MANHATTAN'S ELITE AND WEALTHY ARE SHAKEN AND STIRRED WHEN A SERIES OF DARING "BLUETOOTH BURGLARIES" SWEEP THE CITY, AND MAC AND STELLA TRACK THE HOTTEST CLUE YET ? A MYSTERIOUS VEHICLE, ON "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 10

Mykelti Williamson ("Forest Gump") Guest Stars as Chief of Detectives Brigham Sinclair

"You Only Die Once" -- Manhattan's wealthy are being robbed and all clues point to a fancy vehicle that has Mac and Stella puzzled, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, Oct. 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Det. Mac Taylor............ Gary Sinise

Det. Stella Bonasera......... Melina Kanakaredes

Danny Messer.............. Carmine Giovinazzo

Dr. Sheldon Hawkes......... Hill Harper

Det. Don Flack........... Eddie Cahill

RECURRING CAST:
    Dr. Sid Hammerback........ Robert Joy

Lindsay Monroe........ Anna Belknap ( :lol: )

Adam Ross........... AJ Buckley

GUEST CAST:
    Devon Maxford....... Rachelle Lefevre (also known as Flack's gf)

Chief of Det Brigham Sinclair............ Mykelti Williamson

James Stanton................. Kevin Reid

Randall Rodrique........ Corey Pearson

Maude Messervy............. KD Aubert

Kelly Brooks........ Sydney Lauren

Booth Rody........ Christopher Stewart

Elliot Gano............. Adam Kaufman

Reporter #1............ Ward Roberts

Reporter #2............. Danielle Hartnett

Written by: Sam Humphrey
    Directed by: Jonathan Glassner

So, the girl playing Flack's "girlfriend" is Rachelle Lefevre. Here is a pic:
    [​IMG]

I don't know how I feel. :rolleyes:

5. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

Well sadly it’s almost impossible to belong to the CSI team (or work with them) without being screwed up in some shape or form. It's almost expected that 1) you’ll witness something tragic, 2) you’ll be accused of something tragic, or 3) some tragic event will occur and suck you in.

Mac: a war veteran with reoccurring flashbacks, wife is killed during 9/11, and accused of pushing a criminal off of a roof.
    Stella: grew up as an orphan in an orphanage/foster home (whatever TPTB feel like going with), potentially contracts HIV, winds up on the internet with a sex tape, and was tortured/terrorized by her psychotic boyfriend.
    Hawkes: accused of murder (and wasn’t he accused of something in the hospital by his former superior?)
    Danny: grows up in a criminal related family, under investigation for possibly killing a cop, under investigation for another murder ala mob style, and is taken hostage.
    Lindsay: the only survivor of a multiple homicide and is years later haunted by the event.
    Aiden: tampers with evidence, gets fired….and then is murdered.
    Adam: was bullied by his father as a kid and later taken hostage.

Granted other stuff probably happened, but that’s all I could think of off the top of my head.

But basically it’s Flack’s turn. Sure he turned in his friend during Season One and was later hassled by fellow cops for turning in Truby, but all things considering -- TPTB let him off lightly. It seems no one is allowed to maintain their integrity (without it being later questioned at least), and not be accused or subject to something horrific.

And although all the above was observed in good humor, I kind of hope Flack isn’t shoved into some shady corner. I like to think at least one individual grew up in a pretty stable environment or wasn’t involved in some scandal.

So congrats TPTB, you’ve piqued my interest with Flack. I’m interested to see if he can now be a contender for the “Most Screwed Up Character.” :lol: :rolleyes:

6. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

^Don't forget when Flack almost died and Mac stiched him back together with a shoelace and a bottle of water. :lol:

Take care,

Cat

7. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

Oh that'a right, his near death experience. I forgot about that (such a small thing to forget too). :lol: :rolleyes:

So maybe he's already a contender. :p

But still Flack, be apart of the small group who hasn't been accused of something shady!

8. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

I do believe so, though I think that Danny and Mac maybe ahead of him by just a smidge. :lol:

Cat

9. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

hey all :) loooong time lurker, first time poster :) - could not contain myself anymore with all this speculation re: the season 4 promo pic, had to add my 2 cents...

looking at the high res image on modern day gallery, noticed a couple of things (aside from my obsessively staring at it and compiling all your formulated theories, some of which rock btw) - eg - the xray sid's holding shows a bullet in the skull? wonder if that has anythign to do with his proximity to flack and hawkes with the gun thing?...my theory with flack/hawkes, well, it looks to me like hawkes is looking out for something/someone, while flack deals with the gun - could be hawkes is watching his back...leading to coverup?...i'd personally like to see more hawkes/flack moments...they are a good pair, and a coverup with them involved could be interesting...could also be disasterous, but lets not go there...lol i'm very intrigued by the whole adam/eve/apple/lindsay thing...it seems like a very real possibility. I'll stay away from the D/L stuff until I'm a little braver, lol...you guys seem pretty clear about that one, lol...it's a dead stick.

one other thing i meant to mention, that i don't think anyone else has brought up yet, (sorry if I'm incorrect)..the whole hawkes/flack thing made me think of Snow Day, when Hawkes was concerned about Flack shooting that suspect at the beginning, saying 'You did what you had to do, he was goign to shoot you'...maybe the pic has something to do with that???

just some thoughts...

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I thought it kind of looked like there might be a bullet in there. If what I think is a bullet is a bullet, then it looks like the person got shot in the face. :eek:

I definitely think Adam's expression probably has to do with something he might be hearing over his little earpiece, rather than anything to do with Danny and Lindsay. I don't think he's looking in their direction (it looks like he's looking forward and down to me, although I can't tell for sure)--it looks like he's paused in whatever he's doing on the computer and is listening to the earpiece with that...ambiguous expression on his face. :lol:

(Me? All about Adam? Surely you jest! ;))

Is it just me, or does the lunchbox Lindsay's holding have a stylized steer/bull/cow design on it?

Dude, I just saw Danny's bracelet. :eek: WTF is it and what does it want from us?!?!

:lol:

11. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

yay! i'm not alone in seeing the bullet - here i was thinking i stared at the pic too long and started to go blury-eyed, :lol: although theoretically, if someone was shot in the face, there'd be some bone damage - but that's just a theory...either way, not pretty

looks like a cattle skull image on lindsay's lunch box - maybe that in combination with the bare feet is supposed to symbolize her country-girl background - shocking new revelation eh?... :rolleyes:

a big fat "ICK" to danny's bracelet...although i'm not a huge fan of men and jewelry, esp. when it makes them look all guido/pimpish - it just doesn't do it for me; sorry fay, but i even think adam is wearing too many rings...and no i don't think you're obsessed over him at all...it's healthy to fantasize, lol

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Adam's gotta have a ring on each hand when he throws up those middle fingers. :lol:

Me? Fantasize? Surely you--ah, forget it. I give up. :p

Symbols of Lindsay's 'country' background? Now that's something we haven't seen yet! ;) I hope they make it more than that, seriously. Unless the open lunchbox is meant to symbolize that her past is no longer a secret, and the fact that she's got a lunchbox but is more interested in Danny's sandwich means that she's leaving the cows and whatnot behind in favor of limp lettuce and white bread that has little nutritional value. (Wow, that's one symbolic sandwich. ;))

Or maybe it's just a lunchbox. ;)

13. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

LMAO there is so much inuendo in that paragraph...wow!...good on you...if i were her i'd be more interested in danny's,um..'sandwich' too :lol:...see...fantasy is healthy...i have to keep telling myself that, otherwise life would be just sad...

kay now i'm craving a sandwich... :lol:

14. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

Both of whom were excellent actually - compared to Sasha Cohen :rolleyes:

15. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Guys there is a link on the picture thread to a very hi res colour copy of the promo pic :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.