"Dog Eat Dog" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was so happy to see Brass in the preview. Especially after the hell he went through last week.

2. snickerbug

snickerbug Hit and Run

Okay, I now want it to be a chihuahua. Those are mean little freaking dogs. Trust me, I had one. Everytime you picked it up it growled.

3. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

I understand both Brass and Sophia appear in this episode. Catherine and Grissom, with Brass, work the "A" case; Sara and Nick, with Sophia, have the "B" case. I think this was the episode being filmed when Gary Dourban went to England for an awards show, so I expect Warrick won't appear (or will have a very small role early on). No mention of Greg; maybe he'll be gone, attending a conference.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

If someone is mentioned in the credits but not named specifically in the episode description or shown in the trailer, then when they do show up onscreen, does that mean they're really a clone that just happens to answer to said character's name and aren't really them since the real character can't be there if they aren't previously mentioned?
    "Grissom and team" covers pretty much everyone at the lab including Brass and Ecklie and there's no need or reason to name off each individual teammember in every single episode description, including the guest roles of the lab techs who most viewers don't know by name anyway.

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

My impression is that the "Starting Eight" (Petersen, Helgenberger, Dourdan, Eads, Fox, Szmanda, Guilfoyle and Hall) are going to automatically be mentioned in every episode promo, regardless of amount of screen time. The "Second String" (Vann, Kao, Langham, McCullough, Lombard et al) only get mentioned if they are on screen at some point during the episode. I could be wrong ::eek:pens her umbrella to deflect the tomatos:: but I think that's SOP for most TV shows - you got your starters and your bench...

--Robin

6. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

No, "team" does mean EVERY character. "Grissom's team" usually refers to his CSIs (last season his "team" was Sara, Greg, and Sophia; this season Catherine, Nick and Warrick were returned to Grissom's team, and Sophia left to take a detective position)--it should mean ALL the CSIs under Grissom. However, Nick and Sara, who are part of "Grissom's team", are working a separate case. Why wasn't the write up simply that "Grissom's team investigates two unusual cases...and give a brief synopsis of each case without naming the characters involved?

Here's TVGuide.com's description of this ep:

An obese man is found dead in a dumpster outside of a restaurant on Thanksgiving and his hands are filled with mashed potatoes. The investigation leads Grissom and Catherine into the world of competitive eating. Across town, Nick and Sara probe the deaths of a husband and wife on the verge of divorce who were apparently attacked by a vicious dog. A golden retriever is found at the scene, but he hardly seems like a killer.

And spoilers from Mystery over at YTDAW: We've got Catherine (and Brass) on one case that involves a man who loves food. I mean, the guy loves to eat. Some might call it a sickness. Let's put it this way, he's 30-years-old and needs a babysitter because he can't help himself when any food is in sight.

Nick and Sara work another case of a couple going through a not-so-amicable divorce with a bizarre twist that is just...so bizarre I can't seem to find another word for it.

And to top off this gem, we've got Sophia. [b/]

Neither Warrick nor Greg are mentioned as participating on either case. Maybe they are...maybe they're not. And no, it's NOT the end of the world if either of them is absent from an episode. In any case, we'll find out next Thursday.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I originally read somewhere that it would be Brass and Sara who were investigating the glutton. Then it was changed to the description that Destiny posted. We'll find out on Thursday what the real deal is.

8. piepretzelsngreg

piepretzelsngreg CSI Level Two

well, just becuase Warrick and Greg aren't mentioned doesn't mean they aren't in it. there have been plenty of episodes where they don't mention them but they're still there.

and of course thursday will tell us the REAL answer. But i can't wait. it sounds like a pretty interesting episode.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Lets try to get this straight a bit, using this cast list as an example, There are 3 catagories in which a cast list fits (as listed below), Here is the break down in catagories.

"Contracted" (This means they get credit whether or not they appear)
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall

Contracted Re-occuring, (This means they get credited for even a spot)
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Sophia Curtis: Louise Lombard
    Hodges: Wallace Langham

Guest Stars: (You know what this means)
    Jesse Menken: Doan Ly
    Jerry Gable: Bill Chott
    Michael Tinsley: Dane Northcutt
    Lori Tinsley: Paula Trickey
    Pretzel Vendor: Terrell Ramsey
    Missy: Jessica Collins
    Buffet Manager: Daphne Ashbrook
    Digger James: Hal Sparks
    Marty Mayron: Bailey Chase
    Guy in the Yellow Hat: Joel David Moore
    Suzie Gable: Angela Goethals

Anyone else that is re-occuring (ie Vega, Vartan, ect. Would fall under unless they have a contract a fourth catagory of "Re-occuring Guest star"). Which means they don't have the contract for complete credits like the first 2 catagories do.

Hopefully this helps some....
    All spoilers are subject to change, when they are usually sent out, or released they are done so Uncut (unedited) and therefore could change after the release of information, sometimes networks have released information that is incorrect to raise the question of "Huh?" and get the viewers to tune in.

Now lol strange as this may seem since techinqually the cast list or who is going to be in it, is part of the episode, can we please move back on topic. Since we don't know fully yet (and won't till it airs) who has what "Screen Time") we can only guess.

In My Opinion, i don't watch for who has the most screen time i watch it for the ep, the actors in general and the overall show. So if someone i like only gets 30 seconds it won't upset me, its 30 seconds better then nothing, and if they don't get air time in an ep, i am guessing its because either they had something to do, had the flu, or the writers didn't write them in for said ep. :)

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^^You have good point Destiny. It shouldn't be about the actors.

But I find after a while I get tired of watching Grissom and Catherine get the A plots-I know they are the stars but it is an emsemble cast and it be nice to see the others get some more screen time other then Grissom and Catherine-whom I like, but everything grows a bit stale after a while and it's nice to see the other cast get more then just a 30 second drop in, hand the evidence and go.

Just my opinion, Destiny, is all.

But the gluttony case sounds..different..is this season devoted to seven deadly sins...will slothness be next, we've covered greed a few times, hatred many times, vanity in season two...interesting..I wonder if one of the writers is reading Dante's Divine Comedy?

11. emilyfan

emilyfan Rookie

Good line. I like it.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't most crimes that we've seen sofar, and not just this season but all of them, fall into one category or another of the seven deadly sins? All the sexual crimes are lust-related, mixed in with something else or not. Greed has been covered more than a few times to say the least. Anger, pride, and envy occur nearly week. I really don't see how sloth would fit in an episode believably, but I'm sure the writers could make it happen if they wanted to. The same with gluttony, the only person you're hurting in either of those cases is yourself. It's really interesting though how the seven deadly sins work their way into being crimes of sorts when originally (long before Dante's parents ever met) they were intended to be strictly spiritual "crimes", and "deadly" meant you forfeited your ticket to heaven, not brought on physical death of any kind.

That said, it will be interesting to see how gluttony in this episode applies.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey CSI fans! I am new to the site and just wanted to say hello and that the part of the fat guy in this episode is played by my brother, Bill Chott. He really enjoyed his time on the set in LA and said the dumpster scene was the worst to film! He also had to shave his chest for the shot of him on the slab in the morgue. Thanks for watching!

14. tiffalmil

tiffalmil Hit and Run

Hi, maryleeroth , and welcome to the CSI forum family! Wow, it must be amazing to have a brother or any relative play a part in CSI! Did he have a good time on the set, and did he tell you any spoiler info?

15. nikfan

nikfan Rookie

Do you guys know where i could find pics of the epy?