What Are Your Other Favourite Fandoms?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Lucy, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Great idea for a thread Luce! :)

What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)? Friends, Sex And The City, Lost and King Of Queens.

Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows If so, what do you have? I only have DVD's, Oh and a Friends mug.

What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time? CSI

Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)? Lord Of The Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean.

What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time? Leon

Do you have a favourite actor/actress? Gary Oldman, Johnny Depp, Ralph Fiennes, Kate Winslet and liv tyler.

Who is your favourite author? Karin Slaughter.

What is your favourite book? Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix.

2. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

1. What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)?

CSI, Law and Order:SVU, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Burn Notice, South Park, Mind of Mencia, I could go on.

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?

Nope.

3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time?

Law and Order:SVU or CSI.

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?

Nope.

5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or Little Miss Sunshine.

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress?
    Mariska Hargitay.

7. Who is your favourite author?
    Augusten Burroughs.

8. What is your favourite book?
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower or Running With Scissors.

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

America's Next Top Model, Sea Quest, Earth 2, Project Runway, Top Chef, CSI, CSI:Miami

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?

CSI and CSI:Miami, books and DVS thus far

Hands down CSI OR Sea Quest

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)?

LOTR, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Italian Job, A Clockwork Orange, POTC, The Corpse Bride.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Orando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Eric Szmanda, Jonthan Togo, Julia Stiles, Meg Ryan, Ton Hanks

Laurel K Hamilton, Meg Cabot, Dr Suess

The Thorn Birds, The Catcher In The Rye

4. bethybug

bethybug Hit and Run

House, CSI:NY, CSI:Miami, CSI, LawAndOrder:SVU

I have a CSI shirt, a CSI hat, I have the CSI box sets, I have the House box sets, I have the CSI books, I have the CSI board game, I have the CSI computer game...(I'm spoiled)

CSI:NY

Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Malina Kanakaredes

JK Rowling

Harry Potter

5. Abilene

Abilene Hit and Run

besides CSI? X-Files, Gilmore girls, McLeods daughters, ER, Lost, The L Word, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, Crossing Jordan, Cold Case, Everwood, Judging Amy

I have all nine seasons of the X-Files on DVD if that counts... and I've got lots of books and an autograph from Gillian Anderson. Wait, I've got an X-Files shirt, too ;)
    I've also got season 1-5 of CSI LV on DVD.

The X-Files (and after that CSI)

no

"Walk the line" and "The Horse Whisperer" (I can never decide between those two)

actresses: one? Tons! :lol: Gillian Anderson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Marg Helgenberger, Lauren Graham, Meg Ryan, Sandra Bullock, Susan Sarandon... and the list goes on and on... actors: George Clooney

Mary Higgins Clark, Joy Fielding, Cecilia Ahern

"The dark-eyed girls", "PS, I love you" and "No place like home"

6. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

1. What other TV shows do you really like (past or present)? Battlestar Galactica (TNS), Doctor Who, Heroes

2. Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have? I have the soundtracks to BSG, and the DVDs to all of the shows I listed, but no action figures or anything like that.

3. What would you say is your one favourite TV show of all time? Battlestar Galactica!

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection (eg. Lord of the Rings, POTC, Star Wars etc)? For movies, probably Star Wars, since it's the only one I've seen many, many times. If miniseries count, the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice and Band of Brothers.

5. What would you say is your one favourite movie of all time? Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

6. Do you have a favourite actor/actress? Christopher Eccleston, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Chris Cooper

7. Who is your favourite author? Khaled Housseni, Jane Austen, John Steinbeck

8. What is your favourite book? A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Things They Carried

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Facts of life, Bewitched, La Femme Nikita, China Beach, Kate & Allie, The L Word, The Waltons, I dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, Three's Company, Knots Landing, Hunter, Beverly Hillbillies, The Brady Bunch, VR.5, Barbara Mandrell & The Mandrell Sisters, The Flintstones, NYPD Blue, My favorite martian, BJ & the Bear ... (was I a tv junkie back in the day?) and of course, CSI (the original)

A Nancy McKeon (Facts of Life) autographed picture & poster. Facts magazine/newspaper clippings. That's about it.

Bewitched

Lethal Weapon series

A tie between The Sound of Music and The Quiet Man

older actresses - Maureen O'Hara & Gena Rowlands
    younger actresses - Marg Helgenberger & Christina Cox
    older actors - Robert Duvall & Scott Wilson
    younger actors - Bruce Willis & Viggo Mortensen

Nora Roberts, and the Silhouette Romance writers - Barbara McCauley, Joan Johnston, Annette Broadrick, Anne McAllister, and Peggy Moreland

Tis Herself by Maureen O'Hara with John Nicoletti

8. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Oooh, that's a fun thread! :D

Friends, Buffy, Charmed (yes, I like it!), Mutant X, King of Queens, Bones, Without A Trace, Cold Case, Dukes of Hazzard ( :D ), Ghost Whisperer, Scrubs, Monk, Grey's Anatomy, Saber Ryder and the Star Sherrifs ( :lol: ), Gilmore Girls, Scarecrow and Mrs King, Riptide, Frasier, House, Supernatural, How I met Your Mother, The Cosby Show, Alf, Two Guys and A Girl, Dharma and Greg... (I'm sure there are some more :rolleyes: )

DVD Sets from 'Scrubs', 'Bones', 'Ghost Whisperer', 'House', 'Monk', 'Buffy', 'Charmed', 'WAT', 'King Of Queens', 'Gilmore Girls' and of course 'Friends';
    also some books from 'Charmed' and an autographed picture from the 'Friends' Actors

That's easy: Friends!!

It's a tie between 'Scream 1-3' and 'X-Men 1-3'

That's tough, there are too many movies I love, but when I have to decide: 'Sweet November' (I'm a softie ;) )

Only ONE? No...
    ...Mel Gibson, George Clooney, Hugh Jackman, Jude Law, Jensen Ackles (*giggles*), Courtney Cox A., Uma Thurman, Carrie A. Moss...

Not really favorite but I like reading books from Kathy Reichs

At the moment...hm..."P.S.: I love You"

9. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

1.what other tv shows do you realy like(past or Present
    All 3 Csi,(Miami best upto S3),Ncis,Close to Home.Criminal Minds,L&O all,Battlestar Galacitica(new),Dr Who and TorchWood
    past Dr Who(old),Hawaii Five-o,The Professionals,Chips,Statsty&Hutch,Magnum,Knight Rider,Miami Vice and Sharpe

2.Do you collect merchandise/memorabiliafor any of these shows?if so,what do you have
    I have most of the Dvd set of all 3 shows to date andmost of the books as well.I also have a complete
    set of the professionals

3.What would you say is your one favourite tv show of all times
    The professionals

4.Do you have a favourite movie collection
    no

5.what would you say is your one favourite movie of all times
    haven't got one

6.Do you have a favourite Actor/Actress
    Actors,Martin Shaw,Sean Bean,David Cruso,William Petersen,Gary Sinise
    actress Linda Grey,Diana Keaton,Emily Proctor

7.Who is your favourite author
    Ruth Rendell and Bernard Connwell

8.What is your favourite book
    Haven't got one at the moment,

10. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Aside from CSI... I love Blackadder (all four series), Mr. Bean, M*A*S*H, The Closer, Law & Order: SVU, Thin Blue Line, Not the Nine O'Clock News and I'm currently getting into the show House.

Okay, I have seasons 1-6 of CSI on DVD, 5 CSI books, an autographed photo of Paul Guilfoyle, the CSI board game, three CSI computer games (unfortunately only 2 work), all four series of Blackadder on DVD plus the specials, all 14 episodes of Mr. Bean on DVD, seasons 1-3 of M*A*S*H, seasons 1-3 of The Closer, seasons 2,3 & 5 of SVU and Volume's 1 & 2 of Not the Nine O'Clock news. And I'll have season 1 of House pretty soon... with seasons 2 & 3 to follow.

I'd say it's a tie between CSI, Blackadder & M*A*S*H.

By far: The Alien Quadrilogy. Next would be Police Academy, Lethal Weapon & Die Hard.

I have to go with the British dark comedy Keeping Mum. I absolutely love this movie. Next would be Johnny English. I love Rowan Atkinson and think he's an absolute comic genius.

Actors: Paul Guilfoyle, Rowan Atkinson, Ice-T, Hugh Laurie & William Petersen.
    Actresses: Sigourney Weaver, Marg Helgenberger, Miranda Richardson, Kristen Scott-Thomas & Maggie Smith.

Jonathan Kellerman & Patricia Cornwell.

If I had to choose one right now... I'd go with Wild Justice by Phillip Margolin.

11. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Friends, Will and Grace, Arrested Development, ER, Fawlty Towers, Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Old SNL, MAD tv, Who's line is it anyways? & CSI NY/LV

I have some DVD for some of the shows.

Friends

The Evil Dead films

One Fine Day

Carmine Giovinazzo, George Clooney, Matthew Perry, Michael Cera, Bruce Campbell, Lisa Kudrow, Megan Mullally, Reese Witherspoon but there's probably more.

None

As of right now, Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Great thread idea. :D

The X-files, House M.D., BSG, Allo 'Allo!, Arrested Development, Profiler, Cold Case, Ally McBeal

No, coz in my country we don`t have this type of things. But I do still keep The X-files soundtrack and one poster.

The-files (or House M.D.)

Nope, but if I make collection will include - The Matrix, Blade, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Night Watch (Nochnoy Dozor), Alien

Too many and too different type. From The English Patient, through K-PAX to The Sixth Sense or E.T., Saving Private Ryan...

Kevin Spacey, Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, Leonardo Dicaprio, Tom Hanks, Al Pacino
    Charlize Theron, Susan Sarandon, Dakota Fanning

Ahhh difficult question... Dostoevsky, Hemingway, Erich Maria Remarque, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Stephen King, Tolkien, Castaneda,

Osadeni dushi (Doomed Souls ) - Dimityr Dimov, Lord of the Flies - William Golding, The Catcher in the Rye - Salinger or Anna Karenina -Tolstoy

I have to admit it`s very hard to choose fav ones haha I`m sure I have miss some others great books, movies etc. that I love so much. but I write the first answers that come to me. ;)

13. 915

915 CSI Level One

Supernatural, Stargate:Atlantis, NCIS, Heroes, Criminal Minds, Eureka, Psych, 4400, Numbers, Painkiller Jane, Doctor Who

Do you collect merchandise/memorabilia for any of these shows? If so, what do you have?
    DVD's: Supernatural-Season 1, Psych-Season 1, NCIS-Seasons 1-3, Stargate:Atlantis-Seasons 1-2, Numbers-Season 1

Definetly Stargate:Atlantis

4. Do you have a favourite movie collection?
    POTC

Any of the POTC movies.

Don't have any favorites.

Probably K.A. Applegate.

Any of the Animorphs books or the Maximum Ride books (or at least that's what I think they're called)

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

***Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, House MD, Friends, Dirt
    ***Grey's and Friends DVDs, posters of all the shows I listed above.
    ***Grey's Anatomy
    ***Harry Potter ;)
    ***Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    ***Actress: Kate Walsh <3 Actor: Robin Williams
    ***J. K. Rowling
    *** Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

15. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

I dont really watch much tv, but when Im not watching CSI its usually Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Dr Who or Waking the Dead.

Not really, my daughter has everything there is going about Dr Who but I only have my precious CSI dvds.

CIS vegas, no contest.

I have them all! Star Wars is definitely my favourite, but also have Harry Potter, LOTR, Home Alone and all Clint Eastwood's movies.

Dont think I could choose just one. Empire Strikes Back, Breakfast Club and In the Line of Fire would be my top three. (this week anyway)

Clint Eastwood is my No 1, Tom Hanks is a great actor too and havent really got a favourite actress.

I read a lot so thats a hard one but Stephen King and James Herbert are up the top.

The Stand by Stephen King