Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I just watched Eastern Promises and it was amazing. Viggo was awesome as always,(playing the calm, cool ice-in-his-veins type comes naturally to him, it seems) as was the rest of the cast. I'm a fan of Vincent Cassel, so I was particularly keen to check him out in a Cronenberg film and he did not disappoint- great job as a sort of drunken, useless mobster's son.

As usual, the violence was extremely graphic, since Cronenberg tends to just film it straight up- no fancy camera angles, no slow-mo's, no special film stock... Just violence as it happens. It's very realistic, obviously and I actually had to turn away a number of times, which is something in itself b/c I have a pretty strong stomach!

Anyway, if you can hndle the violence,(and if you liked "A History of Violence") I'd recommend this one. :)

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

The Brave One

Unlike the critics, I liked this movie. Funny thing is I didn't like it right after but later after thinking about it, did I like it. You can't help but wonder how an individual would cope after that attack. So becoming a vigilante she shoots no goods and I think for a couple of reasons 1 one (shooting) was unexpected , 2 to save herself, 3 to save another, 4 to help another, 5 revenge.

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Reign Over Me
    This is a film with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. Adam Sandler plays a man who lost his family on 9/11 and Don Cheadle a married guy who is his old college roomate. The film is about the friendship between the two men, and how they both learn to communicate. It is very, very good. Adam Sandler is very good in a 'serious' role, although he is very funny at times too, and Don Cheadle is brilliant.

Apocalypto - this movie rocks! It is two hours long, but it doesn't feel that long at all.

Black Hawk Down - fantastic movie about the American experience of the 1992/1993 Somalia war. I didn't realize till the end though that Carmine G. from NY was in it!

Riding the Bullet - based on a Stephen King novella. Nowhere near as good as 'Misery' or 'The Shining' or 'The Stand', but good in it's own right. Very bizarre in places, and darkly funny too.

11:14 - this movie is a cross between Pulp Fiction and Crash. It is very like Crash in that it starts with a car accident and then tells the stories of the various people involved. It isn't as serious as Crash is, and this is a good thing. I really liked it.

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Just saw the remake of the old "3:10 to Yuma", and I thought it was an amazing movie. (Of course, I like westerns, so that helps). Russell Crowe and Christian Bale were fantastic in the lead roles as the "Not-so-Perfect Good Guy" and "Not Totally Evil Bad Guy", great performances by both men. Ben Foster, Peter Fonda and Gretchen Mol round out a terrific cast. This isn't your typical "shoot-em'-up" type western (although there's a few very violent scenes), it's more of a character study of the two leads. Beautiful scenery, and surprise ending, too.

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Miss Potter and it was delightfuly charming. the acting was great, the visuals incredible, the story touching and I can only recomend it

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Me and two of my closest friends went to a "Revenge of the B movies" tonight. We saw two movies for $5

The first movie was Gorgo, both movies were so terrible they were great. This movie's special effects were shitloads of fun to laugh at, one of my favorites was when the second monster ripped the top off Big Ben and it dropped, rolled of a car and left no damage. This movie had plot and you could follow what the hell was going on, but it wasn't as funny. My favorite scene had to be the "repent for your sins guy" he was funny as hell given the circumstances of the movie.

The second movie was Teenagers from Outer Space. This movie made no sense but that only made it funnier. It made sense we knew what was going on but Jesus it made no sense anyway. This movie was so ridiculous it was great. You couldn't make as many jokes about it but it in itself was a joke.

Although we made one grat line sort of to parody what they were saying.

Quote if line
    Captain of Ship: We are the supreme race. We have the supreme weapons. (Line was from the movie)

Me: The Germans said the same thing and look at how that turned out (My addition to the line)

All in all great movies if you like terrible B movies, which I happen to love.

7. Shine

Shine Police Officer

The Bourne Ultimatum

I thought some actors could've done a better job and some scenes were just unbelievable.
    Pushing that aside, the way they used scenes from Supremacy was brilliant and the car chase was spectacular.
    The first half was a bit boring, but it got better.
    I wonder what Nicky was to David prior to his memory loss though.
    I, personally, loved all the shaky camera scenes.
    It was a great movie, that I will watch again when I get a chance.

8. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Meet The Robinsons

This was a cute movie, I love the dinosaur and the frog, there parts were so cute. Umm, my little cousin are 3 and 5 and this is there faveorite movie, I would watch it again, but I wouldn't but it on dvd

9. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Knocked Up

I really liked this movie. Katherine Heigl is a very entertaining actrice and I think she did a great job in this film. And Seth Rogen proves that you don't have to be George Clooney to be a good leading man. He was very funny and heart warming! The combination Heigl-Rogen was perfect for this movie. It had some hilarious scenes and dialogues. Great movie :D :D !

Go see it!

10. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

The Motorcycles Diaries

Wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Besides after about a quarter of the way into the movie the guys didn't even have the motorcycle. The acting was good but the movie didn't go into the characters very much. You saw somethings that happened to them but no real effects to what was the journey they were taking. Then I thought it was more about the people they were meeting but even then it was shallow in what their stories were and what impact they had on the characters.

11. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

The Hills have Eyes 2

Was quite okay. I think it could've been a bit better. We've seen the uncut version so it's been a bit disgusting in some scenes. And the end's screaming for a third movie. I think the original version has got 3 movies, right?

Sunshine

erm...yes...we've been confused somehow by the end.
    fifth person who killed the others wasn't clearly known.. it's been sad that nobody survived the movie...well...besides the world.^^
    I've also been touched by the end, because of the music and
    that nobody would survive.

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I think you need to put all that "Sunshine" stuff in a spoiler code because you just spoiled it for me simply with that one sentence... ;)

I just saw Knocked Up and man oh man did I laugh. Seriously, Jude Apatow has got to be the most popular guy on Hollywood right now. His comedies are unstoppable and are serious, grab your sides laughing out loud funny. He and his regular cast choices have yet to disappoint me. Way to go! :D

13. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I last saw The Invasion, To be simple its war of the worlds cross dawn of the dead cross body snatchers cross shaun of the dead need I say more? Not Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craigs best. I'd give 2/5

14. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I ve seen No reservations yesterday. it was nice to watch but not extremly memorable. but the acting was brilliant. I adore Abigail Breslin

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Next time please hit the notify mod button, but I guess you already know what this all goes like :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.