Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Maybe uppermanagement will tell Grissom that Sarah will have to be transferred to another shift or department. There might be people who will question Grissom's judgement. It would be interesting if Ecklie calls him to his office and tells him he has to choose between Sara or his job. Sara is his lover, but his career is his life.

2. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Granted that this isn't real life, but I checked a few articles on the web (search on "supervisor-subordinate dating"), and the consensus seems to be:

1. Supervisor-subordinate dating is the worst possible case of office romance (from the point of view of the organization), since it could lead to either charges of favoritism or charges of coercion.

2. Supervisors should immediately report any such relationship to HR, who will probably try to break the chain of reporting ASAP. (this is probably Griss's deception)

3. Public PDAs and discussions of the relationship with other workers should be discouraged, if they continue dating. (so they were doing the right thing here)

So, if they follow the common rules, Grissom won't be supervising Sara any more, and will probably be reprimanded by Ecklie and HR. But I don't think they can make him choose between his job and Sara. What would there be to stop them continuing the affair if he chose the job? The administrators will probably just try to fix up the appearances of propriety from a legalistic point of view.

Of course, this totally leaves out any of the special legal concerns that they would have about handling evidence, etc.

And I think the really interesting repercussions would still be personal emotional reactions from the team.

3. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

yeah, i think the big deal is going to be w/ the team and their takes on the secret romance.
    i thought the whole thing w/ superviser/subordinate romance had to do w/ sexual harrassment or something.
    i like the theory that grissom would just cease to be sara's supervisor, wouldn't that be a simple solution.
    and, being a teen with no prior work experience, i have to ask, what kind of reprimand would he get? like, what would it entai?

4. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

It would go into his PERMANENT RECORD! Hee, hee.

If he hasn't already done the right thing without us knowing about it (and the writers could always cheat and say he had), and Griss is caught with his pants down, so to speak, his direct supervisor Ecklie is going to have the supreme evil joy of lecturing the almighty Grissom about ethics and how he's jeopardized the integrity of the blah-blah, etc. That scene could be delicious.

The department might also sanction him by docking him pay or denying him a pay raise or promotion opportunities.

5. GSRfanatic25

wow, that would suck! lol
    i'd love to see that scene w/ ecklie though. i always love a an opportunity to hate on ecklie. of course, i guess it would be warranted

i dunno what i'm on about
    thanks for the info grizzom

6. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

Wasn't there some spoiler that Nick will step up this season or something? I don't think Grissom would choose Sara over his job, and he never really wanted the job of supervisor in the first place. So I'm thinking, maybe he stops being supervisor and Nick takes over?

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I am sure Sara would be more willing to step down from her position as csi level III before Grissom would, and they both love doing their jobs.

8. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

man, i dont know if all this speculation is making me feel better or worse about Sara surviving i hope she does, im so impatient lol!

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing, perhaps Grissom is repromanded buy taking a temporary demotion or something until there is further investigation into the matter. Nick takes over for awhile. But we don't know anything as of now and that's what makes this whole thing a very exciting wait!

10. DJRideout

That sounds like a clever way to introduce Nick into that position, but what is Catherine's status? Wouldn't she step in over Nick????

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Maybe Catherine takes Grissom's job and Nick takes Catherines? That might make more sence, but we'll have to wait and see.

12. GSRfanatic25

didn't they say cath was pursuing some other career opportunities.. or routes or something?

i feel like we're going in circles in here... maybe that's just the little voices inside my head
    "GSR CSI sara will live, sara's gone, nick catherine grissom, GSR CSI sara wi..."

13. DJRideout

hmmm.......never thought of that! And that would be the most logical way if it were to happen that way

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

OK, to change the subject somewhat. I'm not sure if anyone posted any of the updated information about 806 - Who and What. So just in case, I'll post some anyway...

The episode seems to be about a kidnapper and murderer, Jack Malone (Without a Trace) is on hand as a dead body of a boy matches a kidnap victim from one of his cases.

In other information, Jack and Grissom chase a suspect they think is on a train and Jack and Warrick chase down a different suspect at a poker tournament.

Jack's approach is not appreciated by Brass, who at one point has to separate him from a suspect.

*Phew* Jack Malone seems to get quite involved in this episode. I love Jack. :D

Grissom, Warrick, Nick and Catherine are on this case, Sofia and Archie also appear.

As always, spoilers are subject to change.

15. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Thanks!

Has Sara been rumored or confirmed for any episode past the first one, or are they determined to keep that under wraps until after the season opener? I seem to remember something about her in episode 3, is that still valid or was it a mistake?

And do they still not have Jorja in the credits for the first show, even though they have released footage of her in every promo clip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.