Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I think the team will have some reservations about the whole idea, but will try and stay focused, mature, and keep an open mind about the idea.

Well, whatever happens, I will accept it in stride. No real sense dwelling over things we are unable to change. There's usually an explanation to things the writers and producers come up with for the show. Maybe not right away, but eventually it comes.

2. Veze

Veze Rookie

Actually I think that Conrad Ecklie was only in one episode of season 7th. Built to Kill #2. I don't remember seeing him at another time during the whole season.

So I really don't think he'll be a big deal this season.

3. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Hi everyone! I've been away for the past week and am so happy with all the new promos and spoilers we've gotten.

I know someone mentioned that Warrick will be involved with some old Vegas mobsters and maybe he has gone back to gambling. If he has, I believe it will be because of his divorce with Tina. That's just my two cents :)

4. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

I personally believe that Eckley will be involved in something this year that will get him booted out or in some sort of trouble, potentially such that he lets the whole GSR thing slide. His departure would allow for a complete restructuring of the show, which would likely be good for the long term survival of the show.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:lol: :lol: I needed that, a good laugh, with all the seriousness overtaking this, good one! and I just want to see if they can top the MCSK, S/7.. it was so interesing, and intriguing what do they have in store for us this year?

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

We're venturing away from the spoilers again... why I stayed away from this thread for awhile. :rolleyes:

Anyways, a small spoiler: the caption for the new "Go to Hell" photo read:

"Jessica Lucas ("The Covenant," "The L Word") is set to guest star in four episodes of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION beginning Thursday, Oct. 11. She plays the role of Veronica Lake, aka "Ronnie," a young, overzealous new CSI in training, who is extremely bright, albeit na•ve. After graduating from one of the top criminalistics programs in the country, she was offered positions at numerous crime labs, but chose Vegas due to its increase in crime rates. Now that she's entered the throws of solving real crimes, she's about to find out that in searching for the perpetrator of a crime, she could easily become his next victim."

Next victim, eh? Holly Gribbs' twin. :p

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

That is interesting. The promotional picture talked about the crime rate going up. Maybe that is in reference to this episode. It should be interesting seeing this new person realize that they could be a victim. Maybe this is why they have a skeleton in the picture.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

There was a skeleton in the picture? I didn't notice it. I just saw her and her camera.

9. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

not in the pic of her, in the pic of the whole team, what warrick was looking at
    interesting though, that she might become a victm! they really like putting their csi's in danger don't they? (the writers, that is)

10. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Four episodes followed by death? She would be Holly's twin AND Keppler's daughter! :D

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

All in all, a way too familiar storyline and in need of some new material. :rolleyes:

12. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

i've been trying to arrange the promos/pictures chronologically and i've come up with this:

First:
    Grissom: My god...
    [Grissom and Nick run toward the red Mustang] [Grissom rubs his face]

...then i believe they start the digging
    [promo photo of gris and nick digging, where we can see something that could be either a shadow or sara's vest]

...and they find nothing but sand under the car. sara's not there. so...
    [promo photo of Cath running to grissom, who is looking into infinity and holding binoculars; in the back we see the red car being lifted by some machine] ... i believe this is followed by the scene where grissom goes "where is she, catherine?" "she's a survivor" thing... then the sixth promo where we see grissom and cath running into something (or someone, guess who!)

...Inferring she will survive, she just won't be under the car, but hidden somewhere else with her very sore arm.

Who knows how hard she was trapped in there? she could have dug the sand around her arm with her free hand - you know how dogs dig to cross under the fence? And maybe she almost drowned, but woke up in time... assuming with this that the scene where she submerges could be actually the case that sara fell asleep due to pain/tiredness, and woke up with the water up to her head. And then somehow managed to escape.

Anyways, i don't think she is gonna die.
    I don't think people at the lab will make a fuss about GSR either. After all, people who work together get married all the time, and vice-versa. Plus it would work as a "pro", not an odd, the fact that they have a stable relation - sara's work or position would never be questioned again, since she's already the boss's wife she would have no reason to want "please him" to get his attentions (as we see in that early courtroom episode, forgot the title)

edited - had not seen the latest promo!!

13. asiagirl

asiagirl Dead on Arrival

What is a Backburner ?

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

It is in refrence to a stove top and the burner on the back of the stove that is hardly used. In other words, someone/something is put on the backburner and not seen much like Warrick's whole marriage thing last season. (and Warrick himself)

Well anyway I read that Veronica/Ronnie (whatshername) life will be in danger and Catherine tries to save her. So if they want to be origonal she could live and just say "Screw this" and leave Vegas. Instead of having her die like Holly and Keppler.
    I think the only reason they hired her was to confuse viewers anyway, make peole think Sara is a gonner. Total waste if you ask me. *sniff, sniff* I smell publicity stunt.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

asiagirl, It means basically that a story that starts out as a major thing gets set aside sometimes picked up later in the season or another season, or sometimes its never heard about again. Those eps are set on the back burner for another story.

Re New character: As to the new girl, Victim can mean many things besides "Dead" it could mean she is attacked and gets so scared she can not continue, remember she is new, confident and apparently likes to jump in feet first without thinking (from what I have read) course she is only here for four eps.

Re discussion thread: We will be putting up and tacking (pin) the Ep discussion thread for the season 8 opener on September 20th which is one week before it premieres. We are going per the usual for those who don't know what this means, the first ep thread will run from Sept 20 thru Sept 29th, At which time it will be unpinned (untacked) and let drop (discussions in it can continue) and in its place will be the next ep discussion thread. We do put announcements in here about it. -- This thread is for future eps so when we put up the new discussion thread, that ep will no longer be considered a future ep and should not be discussed in here. Hopefully that will clear up any confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.