Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

The last film I watched at the theatre was "SuperBad" and damn, was it funny. I don't really like lame teenager jokes and all that crap, but this was a nice, tweaked/out there laugh a lot comedy. I was literally stomping my feet with laughter a few times, and my roomie was constantly doubled over in laughter beside me.

If you're old enough to see it, do it! :lol:

2. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

The last movie I saw was Hot Fuzz and I absolutely loved it. It stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (they also star in Shaun of the Dead) and they are a magnificent duo. It's, again, typical British humour. If you liked Shaun of the Dead, then this is your movie. The British, they know how to make a great comedy :D . Go see it!

BTW, there's one hilarious scene including a fence... That's all I'm gonna say.

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

The Last Legion.
    I read the book by Valerio Manfredi and a friend of mine is a huge fan of Colin Firth that make us watch all his movies so I went to watch it.
    It's a peplum that links the fall of the Roman empire with the Arthurian legend.
    To be honest it was mediocre,not much worth watching.

4. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I just saw Sunshine. It's fantastic. I was confused at first and it's probably the type of film that you have to see a couple of times to fully understand, but it's worth it. Not at all what I expected but brilliant anyway.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

superbad was super awesome! yes, it is full of bad language and dirty jokes, but if those dont bother you (as they dont me) this could possibly be the funniest movie ever. michael cera and the other lead (i cant remember his name!) are a perfect duo together. michael cera is truly the greatest thing to ever come out of brampton :lol:

i also watched robin hood men in tights for the 800th time or so last night. i love this movie to pieces. i laugh so hard every time and it never gets old. love all the characters and the random musical numbers.

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Ok been renting movies:

"Children of the Corn"
    Been wanting to see this as I have heard a lot of references to it on various things. Not a bad movie but the special effects I found funny, but then again it was made in the 80's I believe.

"Pretty In Pink"
    Another 80's movie. I like Jon Cryer and thought he was good in there as Duckie. Overall I thought the movie was a bit slow in getting to the point and alot of boring in-between stuff.

"Proof of Life"
    Finally get around to seeing this--main reason being David Caruso. He was quite funny I thought in here. As for the rest of the movie, I thought it was pretty good and liked the storyline.

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

"Halloween"

To tell you the truth, after seeing The Devils Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses, which were both good but weird, I thought twice about seeing this movie. But since I've always loved the Halloween movies, I had to watch it. I admit, I like this one better than John Carpenter's and I think that Rob Zombie did a good job of showing us another view of how Michael Myers turned out how he did.

8. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

I saw Halloween a few days ago as well and I loved it! I still will always like the origanal movies though.

9. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Well I saw 'Snakes On A Plane'. It was an ok movie not that all exciting. But it was nasty in some parts with the blood gushing and stuff and some parts made me laugh.

10. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

Quigley Down Under its an old movie from 1990 but I still enjoy watching it. Tom Selleck is awsome in it but he always plays a good cowboy

11. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

The Nanny Diaries

OK, how do I describe such a horribly written movie... how about "Blew Chunks". This was a terrible movie where the jokes were not funny at all. I got confused several times during the movie because the writers didn't bother to explain several things AND the acting was awful. The only thing GOOD about the movie is that it includes ONE hilarious line and a golden retriever puppy.

12. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

this movie was freakin' hilarious. i thought it would be one of those movies where they show all the funny/good scenes on the previews but no they didn't. Adam Sandler still has it. I thought it was a very good movie although i don't think many people saw it i still think it was really good much better then adam sandlers Spanglish movie. i loved the fact the Adam was playing a New Yorker and i was like why is he talking weird (meaning not his normal voice) plus he plays a major well i don't think i can say the word here but it was just really intresting to see him play a different charecter. and he wasn't just the funny guy who just wanted to get the girl in the end.

oh also Conrad Ecklie from CSI:Crime Scene Investigation plays in it (just a very small part)

13. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Halloween
    I love this movie, I though it was great, I loved learning more about Michale, and he was so cute. He was so little and his mask was so big on him, I love Rob Zombie movies anyway, I think he's brillant, plus they played lots of good music in here, TOm Sawyer Love that song along with Blue Oyster Cult. I would buy these when it comes on dvd.

14. hollie

hollie Pathologist

Yay, you thought it was good? I really wanna see it, but heard the remake was terrible. I absolutely love Rob Zombie though, the Devils Rejects is one of my favorite movies.

Hmm... I just watched The Bone Gather on TV like, 40 minutes ago maybe? I didn't like it too much. It kinda bugged me. Probably cause I can't stand Angelina Jolie.

15. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Okay, so I actually saw two movies last. So I will review them both! Muahah.

So the first movie was Cabin Fever:

That movie wasn't scary, it was just disgusting. It was wayy to gory for my liking. And I felt disgustingly sick after and layed there because I thought if I moved, I was going to throw up. I also will never drink tap water again.

The second movie was May:

What a boring movie! Nothing happened for the first hour! And the movie, is only a hour and a half. It wasn't scary, just extremly creepy. I'm serious, I probably could have fallen asleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.