Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustang

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by chocolate_bunnys, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

so sorry i got your name wrong serious_snogger my bad
    let's try again
    a toast to serious_snogger... for sparking such wonderful conversation and ... images in my lil head!! yay for snogging

and harry potter was my educator as well. i haven't seen austin powers, but i knew about shagging from there too.
    maybe, *cough* tptb *cough*, art will imitate art this season!! ;)

2. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

Ok, here comes my stupidity again, but I thought throwing cookies was a NICE thing. Isn't it? I am so confused. Desert always threw cookies to the newbies, too. Will someone please explain so I sound less stupid later on?

I voted number three, cause I'm all of it. Excited, scared, nervous, antsy, hopeful, all of the above. I just hope it's as good as it should be. All this build up and anticipation is going to make me mad, but then if it's not so good, the big let down. *sigh* but it won't be, it will be great!! Sara will survive, Gil will save her, we'll have the kiss...
    Ok, I'm back in my Magic Kingdom again.
    12 days 4 hours left!! 292 hours and counting *SQUEE*

3. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

lmao! Now I have an image in my head of Grissom going up to Sara in the middle of a case saying: 'Do I make you randy?' in an English accent. *falls over with laughter*

Your not stupid. Ive never thought of it as mean, and ive certainly never had someone get mad at me for doing it before.

Okays so my mom was watching football and it was on CBS and suddenly a commercial came on i wasn't really paying attention, but I heard a woman screaming . So i looked over saw a car and water. So im all WTF? What is this commercial for? Then in big letters: CSI:Crime scene investigation. So im like oh...wait. Crap. So much for my spoiler free ness. I couldnt make much since of the promo though. So yeah.

4. GSRfanatic25

was it coming of rage that sara used randy?... i think so
    the construction worker was hitting on her, and she says "yeah, murder always makes me a little randy too"
    haha, i can only imagine her reaction
    mine would be... "duh?" lol
    throwing cookies is a nice thing.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

REALLY EXCITED and I'm a cockeyed optimist, and I know she'll be OK, and if you go look at the pic. S/8 pics. thread, you'll know what I mean *no spoiler here* ;)and bengali I like your Magic Kingdom reference.. cute :D and right now NO cookies :( Tequila chips and guacamole :eek: [​IMG]

EMPTY EYES and after this scene, he did 'snogg' her :p

6. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

Good because when we started the new thread, I threw cookies, beads and snicker's bars to everyone, and for a sec I thought that I'd been mean.

I also learned the word snog from Harry Potter, and shag from Austin Powers. Wow do we all live in the same happy place or what. I hope they snog, shag and anything else we can get a scene of as long as they do it with each other!!!!!

I am sooooo excited. Well, I'm counting down by minutes, so obviously I am excited right?
    12 days 2 hours and 2 min. 290 hours till our Sara is Saved SQUEE

And I noticed it hasn't been said for a while, so Go Team SO
    even though I was too late to officially join the team I wanted to keep the spirit up!

GSR Rocks My (Disney) World :lol:

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i just had an interesting idea. i always thought Grissom's burnout to be quite well ... odd. he used to deal with all the cases no matter if they disturbed him or not, even those which took longer than one episode to finish (Paul Milander, the blue paint killer). he has just came out of his solitude which after all these years started to bother him and he fell in love, became happy.

we, the GSR people use to say that he got more sensitive b/c sara freed his emotions but i'm not sure if this is all it took.

so one thing got me thinking. in WTG grissom told sara about the people he loves. people. that's definitely plural. in LD though he admits to the team that she's the only person he ever loved. in the intensity of the moment grissom wasn't obviously much concerned about what exactly did he mean.

as we remember in Double Cross he said that the rosary belonged to his mother suggesting that she might be dead.

in the beginning of the season we got the veggie burger, checking out Sara's butt and WOAH pick somebody your own size *bodyshake*. Fannysmackin is probably the last pre-sabatical episode where we see a playful grissom. next thing we know is him talking about faith, his mother, and then Burn Out comes along. Happenstance with him thinking about leaving and he leaves 3 episodes later. during his time away though he realizes that maybe he should embrace what he still has - Sara.

so what i'm trying to say here is, what if sometime between Fannysmackin and Double Cross his mother died and that led him to a state of mind that disabled him to work? cuz it wasn't the miniature killer alone that made him burn out. it was the pedophile case what triggered his migranes. grissom used to deal with cases like that on a daily basis alone for years. he never had a loved one that would understand all the awfulness and hardness of this line of work.

also he never knew what the victims families felt when somebody they love died, b/c apart of the death of his own father when grissom was 9, he never experienced it himself. what if, the emotions that he allowed to overwhelm him came from a first hand experience - his mother's death?

thoughts?

8. GSRfanatic25

that really sounds like a good theory. i thought the burn out ep was a little random. out of character a bit, and out of nowhere w/ the burning out and migraines. i didn't even think about his mother. don't you think they would have said something, though, to the effect that his mother died?
    i like your theory, it's well thought out, and seems to fit.

9. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

I also thought it was out of character for him. I felt like the writers just threw that in there to explain his leaving for a little while. I think they wanted us to wonder if BP was going to come back. I don't think his mom died, b/c I think that they would have brought that up for sure. I know where you are coming from and I like the thought process, but I think this was just a writer's thing, not a Grissom tragedy thing.

10. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

For the poll I picked number 3. I'm SO excited but I'm also scared.

That theory makes sense, I never really thought about it too much, I usually just went along with the Sara theory. But he did sound wierd when he said "these were my mother's" in double cross, like, kinda sad.

I hope LH isn't in season eight at all. I just finished watching Lady Heather's Box, and I really hate her. Not just because she was Grissom's girlfriend or whatever, I don't like the way she talks to people, it's like she thinks she's better than everyone or something. LH fans, please don't hurt me, this is just my opinion.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:( YIPEE Another NO Lady Heather fan.. hopefully she'll never return, he's who he wants to be with and it's not LH :mad:she does not make him happy, Sara does[​IMG]

[​IMG] "I SAID I'D MISS YOU AND I DO"[​IMG]

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Adz, I seriously love you.

I don't know what to think of the hypothesis, though. I mean, I does seem quite valid, but a little too... how do I put this... in depth and thoughtful for it to be any explanation TPTB would use. Unfortunately, I think we're often more engaged in the characters' motivations and feelings more than those who are responsible for helping mold them.

That said, I do think that loss triggers something in human beings, and in Gil's case that could have been part of it. However, I wonder if it could have just been something more simple, like a mid-life crisis.

I know that sounds cheesy beyond belief, but Gil doesn't seem to undergo any great change in the show leading up to his burnout, as you said. I do think that we were supposed to see him even more burned out in other episodes, and it got caught. However, I saw him more passionate about letting Paul Milander go than he was about the miniature killer.

I mean, if you look at his life, things were going pretty well. He had the love of his life literally in his arms. No longer was he wandering aimlessly in his love life, turning away from the one person whose beaming light welcomed him. Something just sort of snapped inside of him, and I legitimately think it was burnout.

Mr. Petersen has often said the Gil felt a little unecessary, like he wasn't needed anymore as a teacher, like he was losing sight of himself. I mean, that to me sounds like a perfectly plausible explanation without any great event.

Please don't get me wrong, I like you idea a LOT. I'm just playing devil's advocate and arguing a different, and hopefully also valid idea.

I think Gil just got to a point where he felt like he wasn't as useful, and he started to feel like he wasn't needed by those around him. We already saw in season 5 that Gil's prized student, Sara, had grown up to take care of others. Warrick and Nick are no longer constantly looking for his approval, and Catherine's basically getting things together in her life, as well. Even Greg, the baby, is showing some chutzpah and working through his own life-problems. Gil starts to feel useless, and then he's bombarded with this case he can't break.

So, he's already feeling invalid and rusty when a case comes before him, and he can't crack it no matter how long he tries to work at it. I do think he comes home from his sabatical fresh and ready to try again, hence his idea to construct his own mini. However, I think that Gil reached a point coming up the sabatical when he saw an opportunity to get away and refocus.... There were kids who needed him, and it wouldn't be for long.

In his mind, it was just a quick trip, but he'd be useful. He'd be there for kids and he'd be furthering their education using that wealth of information inside his head. It was something in his specialty, something that he could feel comfortable in, and he needed that because his home for so many years was evolving and changing too fast for him to keep up.

That's why he didn't see a problem with leaving and not telling Sara, in my mind. I tihnk he just thought it was a quick trip, and expected her to understand it the way he did. I mean, yes he loves her and he's grown a lot, but he's still Grissom, and he's still going to have brainfarts as all men have. Yes, I just wrote "brainfart." There's no better word for it.

I love my husband DEARLY, but every now and then he'll just assume something that makes no sense to me. After all these years, he still sometimes just assumes that I'll be ok with something, when I'm not. Sure, he doesn't run off for six weeks, but it's the basic same principal on a smaller scale.

So, I think that Grissom's sabatical and burn out could just be the result, not so much of being worn out by a case, but of feeling useless, and then feeling even more inept due to the complexity of the case.

I even said earlier, and so did you, Adz, that he used to handle things like this on a daily basis all on his own. But, due to his stress and issues with inadequacy, he's unable to perform to his top ability, in his mind. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. He's just set himself up and psyched himself out, and he's frustrated he can't crack it because he thinks it shows a deficit in his abilities as a crime scene investigator.

I mean, I remember when he went through the whole hearing-loss thing, and he just struggled so immensely to hide it because he didn't want people to know he was struggling. I bet he didn't tell Sara, partially, for the same reason.

Anyway, I've rambled on, but I love you for posing a conversation topic that's so engaging!!! I can definitely see your POV on this, but I do think it could have been something just.... that happened, that evolved, rather than one big event that changed his world.

13. GSRfanatic25

alyssa, you've got a great handle on things. i don't think there's much that can be added to your wisdom!

i didn want to say, about the pic desert posted, thought just came to me that it would have been soo great to see a lil framed pic of sara on that desk of his! but, perhaps since he can "picture her in his sights" he doesn't need one

oh, and i was thinking about it as i watched clips on gsr.com how cool it is that sara has such a familiarity w/ grissoms office in season seven. when she gets the key for them in redrum... and when she's talking to kep about griss in his office. well, the key scene really hit me, like... "i wonder if anyone else knows where that is"
    were there any other scenes w/ her in his office, like when he was away/ i feel like i'm forgetting some

anyways...GO GSR

14. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

Wow, Al.

I always love reading your novels. :lol:

I agree with you whole heartedly though. I mean, Gris is the kind of person to keep his feelings to himself. I think he was just dealing with SO much internally and he just couldn't handle it, so that's why he took his sabbatical.

And it also has to deal with Sara. Yes, he loves her. I know that. WE know that. But maybe with everything that was going on in his mind, he couldn't get a grasp on his feelings.

Although, Adz had a great point as well. :)

Ya know GSRfanatic. I was actually thinking the same thing. Only I was thinking about Lab Rats. I mean, here they were, in Grissom's office, and most of his stuff is out in the open. Here I was thinking when Hodges was snooping around, he would of found something he didn't want to find. Like...Sara's underwear. :lol:

No but really, like her picture on his desk or a picture of them together or something like that. But I know it's Grissom, so he probably has it in his drawyer somewhere...but it's Hodges so...

Alright, I'm rambling now. I'm stopping.

15. GSRfanatic25

that would have been hilarious if hodges had found something like that. lol, but that's more than we can hope for!
    a job like the one they have doesn't leave much time to explore the depth of one's feelings. especially the way griss and sara dive full body into their cases. i mean, we saw how long it took for them to finally get things going, it only makes sense that it takes, at least him (cause guys are slow at these things) a while to figure out that it's something a lot more!
    what is it now, 11 days?
    barely hangning on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.