Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's the funny thing about the whole pool table scene with me. As it played out, I hated it. It made no sense to me that she'd behave like that after making it clear to Danny she didn't want a relationship and being all angsty and whiney. I thought it just made her look drunk and slutty. If TPTB had stayed with a strong character who was spunky and resolved the deep dark secret in a satisfying way, I would have loved her sexual assertiveness in SD.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, she's been horribly inconsistent all along, but I guess I liked that moment because it reminded me of the Lindsay who was chasing Danny in season two. I thought her interest in him was very clear back then, and I actually thought it was kind of cute when she ate the bugs to impress him, went to all the trouble to prove him wrong about Mac and then invited him to the nightclub to show him, or got him to carry her for that experiment when, come on, Mac is the exact same size pretty much. That's why I hated the inexplicable and bizarre role reversal in season three so much, and found it irritatingly inconsistent. So seeing her be the sexual aggressor--both in the courtroom when she pulled him in for a kiss or when she told him in no uncertain terms after pool what she wanted from him--harkened back to the character I did like for a little while in season two.

Basically, the incarnation of Lindsay that I liked was the tough, funny one, but the 180 they did with her character in season three was disheartening. Wimpy, whiny girls aren't interesting to me, or likable in the least. So I hope they decide which Lindsay they want to go with this season--and that it's not the wimpy, whiny one.

3. jowee

jowee Civilian

I'm glad that Lindsay is back for the fourth episode. I was so scared that she wasn't going to be on CSI New York anymore because of her new born daughter. I agree with some of you that Lindsay looks better with her wavy hair. Makes her look more ummm.. feminine should i say? I hope that Lindsay comes out strong cuz i like the episode stealing home. Looking forward for more Anna/Lindsay in the fourth season! :D

4. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

ITA. I saw the promo and I do like her hair. Seems like what she had coming into the show. I loved the curls though - they really brought out her face. I want to wait and actually see it in an episode before I say anything ;)

5. MONTANA101

MONTANA101 Victim

yeah i just saw the promo too and i like her hair also!!!! it looks more like the way she had it in MI as Eva Rossi only blonde...it's nice even though i prefer the waves!!

i agree with what everyone said about lindsay needing to be regenerated this season!! she's my fav chracter but even i'll admit that her character last year was strange and i much prefer happy teasin Lindsay from season 2!!

nic xx :p

6. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

I'm usually to be found on the Miami board - Jon Togo thread but absolutely love CSI NY and really like the cast of characters. I love JT but overall I think CSI NY is my favourite CSI show. I like Lindsay a lot and think she comes in for a lot of criticism. I also like her and Danny as a couple but really hope that it is kept low-key like Grissom and Sara were. It would be a shame if such a strong and interesting character were only to develop storylines around the fact she has a relationship with another character.
    I want to see her get back to the S2 style too. That episode where she ate those battered insects was priceless :lol: if not a little gross :eek:

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ I can't hardly wait to see a better/bigger version of that pic. Somehow on this smaller one Anna looks like she's wearing one of her old 'Eva Rossi' outfits and the hairstyle adds to that impression.

Besides the 'opera' dress, when did Lindsay ever wear a dress? :confused:

9. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I can't wait to see a bigger pic too! Her outfit was one of the first things I noticed.

Never? I like to see the life "outside" of a CSI. Loved Lindsay showing up in the dress. At least we know she has a life outside of work. BTW, we never did find out who she went to the opera with! :eek:

10. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I like her new hair-do though Im still very fond of her curls.

I like the dress and she is barefoot too. maybe it means a more carefree Lindsay for S4. I really hope so

11. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

Touche... I never thought of that. I really hope so too! More carefree and sarcastic, witty, remarks.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Lindsay and I have something in common now: we've both been dumpster diving. :lol: I managed to drop my keys down the trash chute today. Thankfully, I didn't have to get all the way in the dumpster to retrieve them (though I was pretty much fully prepared to :lol: ), but I did feel like Lindsay when she pulled out that shotgun in "Bad Beat" when I finally recovered them. :lol:

13. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Season 4 Lindsay has started off fun, I see a hint of Season 2 Lindsay peeking through - at least in the Condom Spray Scene, even the Phone call to Adam was fun. Hopefully that means more to come in terms of her 'loosening up' and not being so up tight and edgy, and dare I say? "Drama Queen Esque".... we'll see. The hair is growing on me... its going to take a little more time though.

Awww, Top - poor you.... that so sucks! But, Glad you found your keys without having to go waist deep in 'crap' .... literally...

14. csiboy

csiboy Dead on Arrival

couldn't agree more! Yay Lindsay...

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Hey guys I havent posted in this thread before but i know some of you already know me...I just got to see that Lindsay Monroe is back!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.