Ryan/Jon #17: Ryan, where have you gone?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Thank you for all the birthday wishes - they made me feel a lot better. I had a bit of a sucky birthday, but my online birthday was much better. :D

Thank you very much! It's really intense, isn't it? So mean and moody with the black and white. *drools*

Now, I forgot who said this, but it was mentioned that we can't see whether he's a good personality because we get blinded by his hottness. Good point. It can be hard not to be distracted by that, but if he was a total **** would we not notice? I like his personality - his insecurities and his principles, his passionate defence of the underdog, his weaknesses. What do you think? What are the main features of Ryan's personality that have made an impression on you?

2. CSIMIAMI

CSIMIAMI Hit and Run

"We know the truth, not only by the reason, but also by the heart"(Blaise Pasca)

Its the same thing with young actors.Its the immaturity and lack of professionalism. As for personality, the kid has no backbone.(A womans weakness is her greatest strength)ok, that applies to women Not guys(men).

Thats just my opinion.

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

CSIMIAMI, I'm not entirely sure what your point is, but please bear in mind that we discourage criticism of the actors themselves. They are real people. If you wish to criticise Ryan the character, that is fine. It is also okay to find fault with someone's acting if you so desire, but please refrain from making personal comments against Jon Togo. Negative comments can be interpreted as trolling, which is when a poster is deliberately trying to provoke or antagonize other fans.

Thanks for bearing this in mind. :)

4. CSIMIAMI

CSIMIAMI Hit and Run

Truth burns.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Ail, we definetly would notice if he was a total ***. Some of that was evident in the last few eps of the last season.

It was easy to tell that he was discouraged and wanted to belong on the team again but he went about that the wrong way. Ryan is a good person who's still quite young in his professional job experience, so he has a bit more to learn than someone who has been a CSI for a long time.

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

As do official warnings, and here is one for 'Trolling'. From the Board Rules:

If you wish to comment on this, you may do so in the Questions, Suggestions and Feedback Forum.

7. CSIMIAMI

CSIMIAMI Hit and Run

Duty noted.

But I'll still be here.

8. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Oh my goodness - I am gone a few days and come back to a ton of posts! :eek: It looks like I missed at least one birthday! Sorry about that.....so let my give a belated birthday greeting to Ali and anyone else I may have missed.

So many hot pics! :p Those were nice to see!

How many days to the premiere? Are there still no promo pics of Ryan?

9. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

Ali, I agree with you. I don't think we would be that blinded by his hotness to ignore him being awful. For me at least, and I would say most women, a guy's appeal is more than just how he looks. Certainly I can appreciate looks on there own but what really makes me think Ryan is great is his personality too. I even like his flaws, as they make him more human and approachable. If he was good looking and perfect and never made any mistakes, I think I would like him less. What I want to see is that he grows and learns from his mistakes and has some positive episodes too. I think if TPTB continue with him making silly mistakes, that will become unbelievable. When Ryan first started, he was so conscientious and eager to please and I don't think that would be completely replaced by his latest behaviour for good.

I was watching CSI Miami last night (can't remember the ep name) and it was the one where Ryan says "They must have had one kinky party" and I thought - that was a suggestion for a thread name..........! Is that a sign I spend too much time here do you think??? :lol:

10. CSI_Kat

dna_girl - we actually used that as a thread title a few threads back. That is one of my all time fav Ryan lines!

11. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

:eek:How embarrassing!!! Maybe I'm not here enough if I didn't notice it as a thread title and thought it was just a suggestion!!! My apologies for the mistake Kat. And yes, you are right - it was a totally cool line when he said it ;)

12. CSI_Kat

Don't be embarrassed....what I was going to say and wish I had now - was that great minds think alike!!! My other one I liked was from Legal when he says "That's Hot"

13. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

I love the "That must have been one kinky party!" from Going Going Gone :D and i know...it was a thread title :D a very nice thread title i might add :D

14. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

Perhaps not.

15. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.