Tennis

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI3Snickers, Apr 2, 2006.

1. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

Yep but I guess it'll be tougher to kick Federer out, he plays Davydenko (what a boring guy) in semi. Just hope Djoko will get through Ferrer to put an end to Federer's reign in the US Open. Yeah I know I'm certainly daydreaming, but I just can't stand Fed anymore.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'd rather prefer Ferrer to put an end to Federer's reign,not Djokovic,btw,did you see Djokovic impersonating Nadal and other players after he defeated Moyá?

3. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

My money's on Nole, but I love that player so I guess I'm a bit biased ;)
    Yeah I saw a video of him in the locker room imitating other players...Roddick, Rafa, Federer and even Sharapova :D. But I'm not sure he's well liked on the tour.
    I'd like to see someone impersonating him when he bounces the ball *a billion times* each time he serves :lol:

4. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

Ok so Federer...as usual. Kinda boring though.
    12th Grand Slam for the Swiss, kudos !
    Gawd I loved De Niro's look in Djokovic's box :lol:, and Federer walking into the Imperial March from Star Wars "à la" Darth Vader.

5. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I think I am going to join the tennis team at my high school. My PE coach is the teacher and she is the coach for tennis. She has been begghing me to play. The problem is I don't know how.

6. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I have my first tennis match tomorwow and i just started playing for the first time on Wednesday. I am so nervous. I don't know if I am going to play though, I have to find out if it is okay with my coach.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Rafa Nadal finally won Wimbledon, yayyyyy !!!! :D
    Wow, what a long and hard fought match, I thought they were never going to finish...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I wanted Federer to win :( I do like Nadal, he's an awesome player, but I wanted Roger to get the 6th... Oh well, well played both.

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Wow I didnt realise there was a Tennis thread :lol:

Before the match I was intoo minds of who'd win. I really wanted Nadal to win however on the other hand I wanted Federer to get his 6th in a row. But after that intence/frustrating match I was glad Nadal won :D

10. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

That was a really good match - and a well deserved win much as a 6th would have been amazing for Federer.
    Put me in mind of a lengthy Borg/McEnroe meeting years ago.

Showing me age now :eek:

:D

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Haha, my Dad said exactly the same thing just before the 4th set tie-break. But how old did Bjorg look in the stands! I didn't think he was that old...

12. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

Likewise, if only i'd have known :lol:

It was a very good close match. They both played well but Rafa fought hard, I knew he would win this year, I just knew :lol: Federer will probably be back even tougher next year though.

Good year for Spain and sports this year eh?

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That match was freaking awesome to watch. I wanted Nadal to win. Federer has won enough. :lol: I like him and all but I tend to root for the underdogs more so.

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I was so delighted that Nadal won. :D I love his style of tennis, and he seems so gracious as a person. It was an amazing final. The best final since Borg v McEnroe in 1980 for me!

I also didn't want Federer to beat Borg's record and reach 6 wins in a row. ;)

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i'm not a fan of either of them but i'm glad Nadal won. although i wanted Federer to win the 3rd and 4th set so the match would be longer and more interesting :p i agree that Federer won enough and finally there is somebody who is his equal, or even better.

now i want Ernests Gulbis to win something :D