At Last! UK gets Season 5!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Annwn, Jul 3, 2007.

1. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Re: At Last! UK S 5

That Radio Times synopsis was funny :lol: Calleigh did look picture perfect considering she had been swimming in shit :p I was rather looking forward to last nights episode for the rather beautiful Johnny Whitworth :D I think he will be a nice addition to S5.

But with this weeks new developments about a certain Mr Cochrane can we fast forward to Season 6 please :D Absolutely gutted at a full 12 months away :mad:

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Exactly does he do anything else?? I have not seen him process any evidence for a long time!!

3. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

I still have to se this one. I managed to catch a bit of NY when I went oup for my break last night, but just can't persuade the other two to go an hour earlier.
    Oh well, at least it's waiting for me on Sky+

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Good to see the Radio Times keeping their picture gallery up to date. :lol:

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I forgot to write anything about last week's episode, so I'll just say that I quite enjoyed it. Calleigh was great, Horatio was his usual self and I agree with everything Footyliz said. :) Sometimes the whole CSI franchise is just too predictable but with 3 shows and hundreds of episodes between them I find that I'm rarely surprised by anything they do anymore. Still, I love it regardless. :lol:

And, speaking of hundreds of episodes, tonight is Miami's 100th *celebrates accordingly*. :D Brief synopsis below, courtesy of Channel 5:

6. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

http://news.sky.com/skynews/home

I go onto the Sky News website on a daily basis and last person's picture I expect to see as I click on the main headlines was Emily Procters :lol: I was like WTF at first. How on earth would Emily Procter make it onto Sky News.

Then I read on a saw it was an article about CSI affecting peoples decisions on what courses to take in college blah blah blah link here . But at first I was like ermmmm :confused: do people in Britain (outside the CSI bubble) even know who EP is :lol: why is she in the news?

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Is anyone here watching Miami on Five? :p

Just a little comment about last night's episode. Very few things on TV actually disturb me or make me feel at all sick. But the opening sequence of last night's episode, with the body bloating up... ewww. that was just nasty! And then when Alexx popped it, disgusting. (Although well done to Miami for surprising me with that, I was disgusted but impressed). :lol:

8. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

^^^ Digusted but impressed LMAO!!

True, it was completely revolting but you have to take your hat off to them for still managing to disgust us after all this time :lol:

9. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Taped that last night and watched it earlier.

Ewwwww! :D

Nicely done though - poor Mr.Wolfe. :lol:

10. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

I only got to see it tonight; thing is I can remember reading about the 'You're not going to pop that...' when it was aired in the US, seeing/hearing it now after all this time is so strange.

11. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

This is my thoughts on last weeks epi

Really liked this epi Calleigh and Natalia worked well together. The scene with H and the Judge was brill,H said he would get him one day

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I'm not from the UK but I just got season 5 as well.

I just had to say that's what I thought too! And I am a Star Wars fan. I half expected Horatio to brandish s lightsabre :lol:

But so far I'm liking season 5. I just caught 'Death Pool 100'. It was cheesy, the shots were glamoured up to make H and the others look cool, but I liked it. I really did. Even the walk in the sunset down the beach, and the slow-mo stuff at the start, that was cool too. Maybe I watch too many John Woo movies, but it was cool for me.

And Jake Berkley is cute isn't he? In other words, he's a nice eye-candy additon to Miami.

13. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I have to agree with the Radio Times' opinion of Miami, in that it tries too hard to be cool, and therefore ends up not being cool. I may or may not stick with it this season. It's still so superficial that my mind wanders when watching it. It doesn't engage me like it used to. Even the adverts have more substance!

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

MD, you and I are of the same opinion. I think I'm probably not really sticking with it to be honest, I've 'watched' the first couple of episodes but couldn't really tell anyone what had happened in them. My mind is continually wandering during every episode and all I'm really getting is background noise. :rolleyes:

Last week I was genuinely impressed with the decomposing body at the beginning, the special effects that is. But as for the rest of the episode I couldn't even begin to remember what actually happened. As for the episode the week before that, all I remember was thinking that it was quite possibly the most ridiculous episode I have ever sat through.

I guess the only good thing for me is that, for the most part, I am completely Miami spoiler free. I genuinely have no idea what happened in season 5 so every episode is a surprise. So as I continue in my quest for a Miami episode that will actually capture my attention, tonight's synopsis (from Channel Five):

Hmm. *isn't hopeful*

15. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

I'm beginning to understand what the US fans were going on about concerning the split screens; it reminds me of something we were told about doing 'Powerpoint' presentations. Restrict the number of 'special effects'. People will be so irritated they'll 'switch off' or will be so interested in them they'll forget about the message.