Ryan/Jon #17: Ryan, where have you gone?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

:( aww poor baby...third is ok though. but not good enough!! well try next time!!!! and i want some new info on our Ryan!!! TPTB better have some good stuff planned for him!!!!! or else!!!!

2. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I've got to go and look for that promo. Especially if they give us some info on Ryan. It sounds inaccurate though - a bit like when Eric's older sister's date of birth on her gravestone turned out to be later than his or something. Or it would have made him unfeasibly young. They're not great on accuracy at CSI:M when it comes to the characters.

I just read something on lj where someone who'd only just started watching CSI:M (and had of course fallen for Ryan immediately) didn't understand why he was referred to by other fans as a nerd or a dork. It started me thinking. Do you think he still is geeky and nerdy like he used to be? Or has he totally changed? Would you like him to change back? Display some of the adorable characteristics that he used to?

I'm kind of used to him as he is now and still love him like that. But sometimes he's a little aggressive or arrogant, which is new, I think.

Anyway, I have Photobucket open, so how about a pic?
    [​IMG]
    Adorably young and geeky. :p

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Hey Ali - Love that pic! The promo link is over at the spoiler thread....but I can pm you the link if you need it.

I am torn - I loved the young adorkable geeky Ryan - but I also love the smokin' hott Ryan he has become. Let's combine his hottness of now and innocence of then...perfect guy!

Looky - I am now a CSI Level One!

4. ryan_lover

ryan_lover Rookie

Hello lovey people! long time no post! :lol:

congrats on becoming a CSI level one CSI_Kat! :D

AliGtr thats such an adorable pic of him :p*drool* :p
    its from 'Pirated' isn't it?
    us brittish are now on S5 and 'Dark room' was on last night and I thought ryan was really nice it that ep especially to natalia and when he was concerned about that missing girl *aww* since he was a lil bit bossy to natalia in earlier S5 eps and I thought that was a bit mean of him since she is a newbie CSI and so was he not so long ago but thats just my opinion.
    I still miss the cute innocent newbie Ryan but I also love Ryan as he is now and am hoping he isn't gonna change too much more exept maybe I'd make him a lil bit more friendly and less arrogant although grumpy Ryan can be Hott! :p

anywho has there been anything intersting going on with ryan such as finding out more about his family ect?
    I heard he gets fired at the end of S5 JT's not leaving CSIM is he? cuz its forbidden for him to do such a thing! *crys* :(

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree that it's hard to decide between the hottness and the nerdy/dorky Ryan. Perhaps my I heart nreds shirt is a give away? But if it were possible we could combine him and have the best mix. :D

6. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

Hey ryan_lover, I saw Darkroom too last night. I really liked how good Ryan was with Natalia when she got the phone call from Anya; he was strong, supportive and helpful.
    I've read the spoilers for the rest of the season and kind of spoiled it for myself as I know what happens to Ryan but it would be great if Ryan and Natalia could become friends.

Ryan has definitely lost the nerd tag, I would say. He came across as really geeky when he first started but was that more to do with wanting to prove himself and do a good job -to make his position in the team solid? If I remember rightly, his slightly aggressive outbursts became more frequent as he settled into the job and maybe revealed more of the 'real' Ryan. I like that he has a bit of a temper, that he cannot always control it - to me it makes him human with inevitable flaws. The fact that his temper gets him into trouble gives us the opportunity to see how he gets himself out of the mess he is in and hopefully to grow as a character.
    Geeky Ryan - very cute but S4/S5 Ryan - more interesting.

Great pic by the way Ali :)

7. ilovejontogo4evr

ilovejontogo4evr Rookie

That pic is from "Speed Kills". Also I just watched "Rio" the other night and I couldn't believe how mean Ryan was to Natalia. I mean sure she was the mole but cut the girl some slack. I just never thought Ryan could be that mean and especially to a girl (well Erica doesn't count lol).
    I also saw "Burned" for the first time! I missed the first airing. I couldn't believe it when Ryan lied right to Horatio's face!! Watching that broke my heart Horatio was like Ryan's role model (evidence: wardrobe change lol) and then he lies to his face. And why was Rick the one to fire Ryan? Horatio was Ryan's boss! Shouldn't it have been him? And WTH was with Horatio smiling at Ryan being fired in the end? That was like a slap in the face! You think you know someone but no! And I can't believe Yelina ratted Ryan out! I know, sure, he needed to learn his lesson but that was mean.

Wow.. sorry for going on and on lol but i have no one besides you guys to talk about CSI Miami with and needed to get that off my chest lol.

As for hottest Ryan I so think we need a combination of the two Ryans. He definitly looked so cute and adorable in season 3 but his attitude and toughness in season 4 was very attractive but definitly didn't like his arrogance in season 5 :(

8. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Ali nice sweet Ryan pic.

I agree that we need of combo of the old geeky ryan and the new hott aggressive one. MOst of all I just want him to quit being the screw up of the team. I'm tired of seeing him looking so dumb all the time.

9. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I want early season 3 Ryan back combined with season 4.
    In season 3 he was new to the team and he was so innocent and cute. In season 4 he had more experience and he was more nicer as in the last episodes of season 3.
    I wanted to write that he didn't lie to his friends like in 'Burned', but he did because of the mole. :rolleyes:

that's soo true. :rolleyes:

I saw today 'Rio' and 'Going Under' for the first time.
    Rio was fast and confusing, I liked 'Going Uner' more.
    Ryan was very mean to Natalia, but I'm glad that he's nicer to her after a while.

10. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

I love the geeky, innocent adorable Ryan. but i love the hott n' sexy, smart guy he's become. it's ahrd to choose which one i like more!!! but i agree with Kat!!! combine them both to get the PERFECT Ryan!!!

11. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

Ryan in 'Darkroom' was really impressive - he was knowledgeable, efficient and sympathetic (to Natalia). Altogether different from the Ryan later in the series.

*And why didn't Frank react to the statement that Ryan's uncle was a safecracker and taught him how to open a safe whe he was 11? 'Cool' is not the sort of reaction I'd have expected from someone in the police force.*

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Eehh, I wouldn't mind him being mean to her. :p Just as long as he doesn't look stupid (for the 20th time). In Death Pool 100 when he started yelling at Boa about the evidence was so bad. :lol: It made him look horrible and Natalia all 'I-know-what-I'm-doing-GOD'. :rolleyes:

I love your avatar, Annwn. Reid is awesome. :D

13. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

I think what Ryan needs is to be involved in some angst. Not necessarily his own angst but perhaps a scenario where he really identifies with a case or helps out one of the other CSIs caught in dire straits. It would make him look good and restore his credibility.
    Come on TPTB - please give Ryan some positive storylines where he can show his wonderful side. :)

14. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

Yeah i know...and it pains me to say this but at the moment Ryan is a bigger a** then Stetler!

15. ryan_lover

ryan_lover Rookie

^ OMG! :eek: WTH is going on! I don't want ryan turning into a really horrible person :( stupid writers for keep changing ryans personality! :mad: I don't think any of the others have changed as much as him.

OK so I won't be seeing S6 for ages yet but I really hope ryan gets to do something good that will get him back on the team such as saving someone ect cuz I know he gets fired but its difficult for me to imagine ryan not in the lab wearing a geeky but cute lab coat and working with Delko or Calleigh or out in the field with them oh and Alexx aswell! - sorry if that sounded shipperish! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.