Nose Bleeds

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Ok I was wondering what would cause nose bleeds a couple days in a row.

In know the common causes are dry weather and injury. But the weather isn't dry and I haven't injured my nose.

I had a pretty bad one Saturday which last for a few minutes but I was bleeding a bit and one on Friday. I rarely have a bloody nose, so I was wondering if it's the beginning of something serious.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Getting into fights?

Here is another possibility from Wikipedia:
    The reference (nosebleed section) alludes to the propensity for nasal hemorrhage at high altitudes, usually owing to lower barometric pressure. Nasal hemorrhage may occur at high altitudes due to the elevated difference between the ambient barometric pressure and the subject's blood pressure.

Another site says:
    Dryness inside of the nose can also cause bleeding. High altitudes, colds, allergies and medications are all responsible for nose bleeds.

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ AS for allergies, when those are bad (like during the spring or if I don't use the mask when working with cows) get nose bleeds like 2-3 weeks :rolleyes:

4. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Some people get nosebeleeds from stress.

Picking your nose would do.

allergies as mentioned above.

that is what I know.. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad to go to a doctor when it continues for longer!

5. fastfoodjunkie

fastfoodjunkie Rookie

There's a friend of mine that gets nosebleeds quite often and she said it something to do with the fact the the tissue in her nose is quite weak so it doesn't take much for it to get damaged. That could be the most incorrect thing I've ever written though, as I'm am definately not an expert. :rolleyes:

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Very hot weather. Make sure you keep hydrated : drink lots of fluids.

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

But don't read any funny threads on this board, like the "Quotes you WON'T hear on CSI" or you might be snorting those fluids out the ole shnozz.

8. Lizard01

Lizard01 Victim

it could just be random tissue falling out.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I used to have really bad nose bleeds when I was 8 or 9 after I lost my parents in a wreck. They don't know if they were caused by stress or what, but I had them on up till I was 13 and when I got my Tonisls and Adnoids taken out, they stopped and I haven't had one since.

10. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I get sudden nose bleeds sometimes. You know, you're watching a movie.. all cuddled up and suddenly you feel something dripping down..

I never quite know why it happens. It doesn't happen often and they are not really really seriouys (there is a lot of blood but it stops in a few minutes or so) so I am not doing anything about it.