Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Yeah, I am having extreme giddiness. GSR makes me giggly and squeal-y. As well it should. :)

So...do you think they're going to try to work this scene in elsewhere? I'd like to see it happen at Sara's too, away from prying eyes...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok this is my first time in the shipper place, and I love Grissom and Sara as characters and in terms of a relationship its definatly an interesting, although im not entirley sure they belong together but anyway ;)

Right this deleted scene...Obviously the circumstances for it being deleted were because of Billy having to leave suddenly but this scene could have been cut in the end anyway...but just to speculate.

The writers obviously wrote this feeling it was a good time to introduce again G/S. Being that it has been cut the question is will they write another scene were a similar thing happens? I think they will personally, but i'm actually hoping it will be far less random than the motel scene appeared to be. There has been nothing in season six so far to indicate the return of the G/S relationship, well not blantant butterflied type ones anyway ;)
    Grissom to me, isn't the kind of guy who would just walk into Sara's motel room and jump right into the heavy breathing, (although we dont know the exact details of the script) I think Grissom needs to work up the nerve with Sara, she has been very upfront about her feelings, but Grissom hasn't. I think before anything sexual happens, he needs to talk to her face to face.

I think the writers will probably intriduce the story back in during a Grissom story arc, which at some point will occur during season 6.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Are we desperate or what? :lol:

spoilers

I agree that the cut scene seemed to give a hint that GSR is actually happening but I cant find any evidence or a simple hint in the previous episodes to convince myself.
    In Bite me there was this talk over sex but Grissom seemed again too uncomfortable with it.Maybe we were supposed to think he was in a dilemma?I think the way the actors would play the hotel scene would answer our questions but now...its a mess :rolleyes:
    the next episode can be critical

4. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Greywillfade, I agree with you of course that the Grissom we know (the Grissom who is at the same stage of relationship with Sara that he was in Season 5) wouldn't walk into the hotel room and end up "heavily breathing" :D, but that's the whole point, I guess. I doubt this scene would be cut, it might be made more ambiguous, but not cut, since CM was referring to it and trying to promote it in TVGuide. I think it is supposed to be a "surprise" that there are things going on off-screen that led to such a comfort zone between Grissom and Sara. Of course it is strange for us because we didn't see anything but it is perfectly plausible that Grissom got his act together after Grave Danger and they started a relationship that we don't know about. Which I am totally fine with, we don't have to see all stages of them getting together. That would be somewhat more like a soap opera.

I wasn't supporting the theory of "they are already together", but even before the Gum Drops scene, what got me suspicious that they might be was the complete lack of screentime this season. TPTB's normal strategy re: GSR is to drop hints, smiles, and tease us with subtle moments every 3-4 episodes. It's not like that this season, and I think there is a reason for that.

Elenerm: Does it show? (That I am desperate :D)

EDIT: And yes, how this supposed "triangle" scene plays out will be crucial. It would be a big hint if Grissom desperately tries to explain things to Sara.

5. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

You guys... I just love you guys... [​IMG]

Time is short - I'm on my way out the door for a hair appointment - but I had one of two points I wanted to add to the discussion...

I share some of your taste in bearded, socially inept men - my ex was exactly as you described, keesame - "brilliant, funny, sexy, bearded, AND completely socially inept" - only I'd need to change 'brilliant' to 'brilliant, but a complete idiot when it came to me...' yeah, that kind of works for Grissom too (if you substitue 'me' with 'Sara' :D )

With regards to the *if* they're already together, when did it happen? question - I'm still convinced that it was some time during the hiatus - post-GD for sure...

And a big fat 'WOOT' to Reeble for the assertion of one of our most important mottos. And here are a few of our friends to repeat it once more in light of the deleted scene...

[​IMG]

Hail GSR ;)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi again. I hate to interrupt all of the wonderful posts, but I was wondering if I might ask a wee, small question. Oh, I guess I need to do this...

SPOILER
    OK. First let me state that I am, without a doubt, PRO GSR all the way. Now, I am extremely put off by the whole triangle notion because I think the whole plot device is trite, cliche, contrived and does a disservice to the players involved. But, given the exciting news about what supposed to air in Gum Drops had tragedy not visited Mr. Petersen's family, I have been wondering if both Mr. Petersen and Ms. Fox were told at the beginning of the season that Grissom and Sara are already involved and have been playing this season under that assumption. So...what are the chances that this proposed triangle scene is played out in such a way that Sofia is the jealous party and the one tossing sparks? You know, something along the lines that Grissom completely ignores Sofia when Sara enters and does not return his attention to Sofia until Sara leaves? I guess the question is, was that tidbit of information deliberately written in such a way that we would all assume that Sara must be the jealous person and thus "hide" a relationship that was started off-season?

7. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Well, if CM was trying to promote it, then TPTB were obviously enthusiastic about it.

That means they're going to try it again. Right? RIGHT? :lol:

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Here is my early jump-the-gun prediction:

They've been in a kind of relationship since Grave Danger, however before Bite Me they had not had sex. Gum Drops was going to be their "first time". But maybe they will put the scene back in, however they may be playing the distance thing as "they've had sex and are respecting each other professionally".

There you go - that's where I am. My money's down.

9. martini

martini CSI Level One

we'll we know we can expect anything at this point after the news at the beginning that warrick was married and all ;)..but I don't think wp and jf were told at the beginning or we would have picked it up somewhere, I think they just got to that point later on, if they are in a relationship ;)
    and as for the triangle :rolleyes:, I think they are just playing with us and that it isn't gonna be like we expected it to be if the are gonna show the triangle at all.. :devil: :p

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah I totally agree with that. Its sort of the same with Catherine and Warrick. Some flirting, only once did we see an almost kiss in 'down the drain.' Its one of things I like about CSI, that there hasn't actually been a romance between the characters, or there would be a danger of it becoming kind of a melo-drama. (hello ER) ha :lol:

If something is happening off screen i'm ok with that but I dont want anything that happens between G/S to be totally off guard. Which to me the Gum Drops scene appeared to be.

Then again, can you imagine if there had been a kiss in a episode like Nesting Dolls? Again way to obvious, there has to be a middle ground.

11. brandie

brandie Prime Suspect

Here I go with my thoughts again --

I wonder what kind of music (if any) would have been played over the heavy breathing scene? Something I've admired about CSI is that they will use music to really enhance the mood of a scene.

What do you all think? Or do you think they would have left it intentionally music-free to really drive the point home, so to speak?

12. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

SPOILER

I really could seen them leaving the whole heavy breathing scene music free. I think that would have made the point of the scene much more intense. Primal even. :devil:

13. Guest

Guest Guest

oh I'm with you on that one, no music! Its all about the sound from the characters in that scene...hehe

14. brandie

brandie Prime Suspect

Yeah I think no-music would be an enhancement too :) Although, there are moments when I can almost hear something shippy being played, subtley, in the background that makes it clear that maybe they aren't just.. .. you know... but they're doing something deeper (emotionally) than... that.

15. greenfieldcsi

greenfieldcsi CSI Level Two

I think it would be a music-free scene!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.