The Search For Sara Begins

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 1, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The eighth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation opens with the team searching for one of their own.

"Dead Doll" begins where season seven left off: with Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>) trapped beneath a car in the desert. The team must rescue her before it's too late. "Dead Doll" was written by <font color=yellow>Dustin Lee Abraham</font> and <font color=yellow>Allen MacDonald</font>.

The first of two promos can be seen below, followed by a full transcript.

<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bK-IIxDLUI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bK-IIxDLUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>

<dl><dt><dd>[Gazing through the broken car window into the darkness, a shape can be seen approaching]<dd>[Sara Sidle looks to see what it is]<dd>[A coyote's legs can be seen walking by]<dd>[Sara's eyes follow it]<dd>[The coyote stops]<dd>[Sara waits]<dd>[The coyote growls]<dd>[Text over: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Season premiere, Thursday, September 27 9/8 c']</dt></dl>

The second promo is longer and shows the rest of the team. A full transcript is below.

<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkK0bGb9yxA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkK0bGb9yxA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>

<dl><dt>LAST SEASON,

[​IMG]<dd>[Close on Gil Grissom's face, with shadows coming through a window as it rains outside]

</dt><dt>THE MINIATURE KILLER STRUCK AT THE HEART OF CSI.

<dd>[Close on Natalie 's face]<dd>[Overhead view of the red car in the desert as rain pours down at night]

</dt><dt>NOW, THE SEARCH FOR SARA BEGINS

<dd>[Flashback shot of Sara Sidle]<dd>[Police cars and a helicopter speed through the desert]

</dt><dt>IN THE UNFORGETTABLE SEASON PREMIERE

<dd>[Catherine Willows stands in the desert]<dd>Catherine: She's a survivor.<dd>[Grissom looks out into the distance]<dd>Grissom: Where is she, Catherine?<dd>[Text over: 'Thursday, September 27'] [​IMG]<dd>[Catherine looks around the parking garage where Sara was abducted with a flashlight] <dd>[Warrick Brown and Nick Stokes enter Natalie's workshop, their expressions shocked--and worried]<dd>[Text over: 'the weather is against them']<dd>[Grissom holds a bottle of water over the miniature in his office]<dd>[A shot of Sara's arm extending from beneath the car as water rushes over the dirt surrounding her]<dd>[Grissom watches how the water flows around the miniature]<dd>[Water flows around Sara in the desert]<dd>[The arm of the miniature Sara doll moves]<dd>[Grissom looks up, his expression worried]<dd>[Text over: 'the desert is against them']<dd>[Overhead shot of the desert]<dd>[Greg Sanders looks through binoculars at the landscape]<dd>[Police cars and a helicopter speed through the desert]<dd>[Nick rides in the passenger seat of one of the cars, his reflection in the side-view mirror]<dd>[One of the cars sends sand flying as it hits a dip in the uneven ground]<dd>[Text over: 'time is against them']<dd>[Warrick sits on a bench in the locker room, rubbing his face with one hand]<dd>[Sara struggles, her hair wet]<dd>[Nick hits something out of frustration] [​IMG]<dd>[Close on Catherine, her expression troubled]<dd>[As the water level rises, Sara tries to keep her head above the water]<dd>[The police cars speed through the desert]<dd>[Nick and Grissom are running]<dd>[A car is shown kicking up dirt and rocks at night]<dd>[Grissom stops, looking down at what is in front of him]<dd>[Sara continues to struggle, completely submerged beneath water in the car] <dd>[Grissom and Nick rush toward the car]<dd>[Close on Grissom as he rubs his face with one hand]<dd>[Text over: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Season premiere, Thursday, September 27, 9/8 c']</dt></dl>

"Dead Doll" will air September 27, 2007 on CBS. Thanks to <font color=yellow>chadini</font> and <font color=yellow>ButterflySidle</font> from YouTube.<center></center>

2. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Okay, I'll admit it. I cried. :( A lot. Especially during the second one, when the team was trying to find her, and they were having trouble and, and...*starts crying*

3. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

That's really sad! :( Specially the second one. What's the name of the song in that one by thw way?

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Someone said it's "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush. :)

5. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

OMG... that's all I have to say, the wait can't be longer than it is now... amazing promo with the Kate Bush's song... geez, I'm all emo right now...

6. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

Thank you!

7. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I cried during the second one too. It made me think the worst was going to happen. In the Unforgetable Season Premiere, that doesn't sound good for Sara.

8. Lizard01

Lizard01 Victim

does anyone think she will actually die??
    i reckon that they will find her just as she runs out of air

9. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I think she will be swept out from under the car and she will survive. I am not sure at this point. I think anything can happen.