What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

With Skin Privilege did you also read the bonus chapter and author's letter on her website. If you didn't get to read them I have them on my e-mail and will send you a PM with them.

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I read the author's letter, but I don't think I read the bonus chapter. If you could PM me it, that would be wonderful, thank you. :) :cool:
    I think her next book is going to be another stand-alone, isn't it, not another Grant County one?

3. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Yeah and the next Grant County is gonna take place 3 years after this one which I'm disappointed in. I feel like we're missing the immediate reaction which is far more interesting usually, than the few years later.

Let me bump up the Karin Slaughter thread and we can continue this discussion there.

4. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Now I'm reading A walk to remember by Nicholas Sparks and The Invisible man by HG Wells . Wonderful books , both of them .

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

What Karin Slaughter thread?

6. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince again. For the second time, it was twice more horrible to me. RIP Dumbledore.

7. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

now that I finally have them all Im re-reading the HP series. right now im reading Chamber of Secrets

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I just finished Reggie Nadelson's 'Fresh Kills'. It's the most recent one in the Artie Cohen series. It's really interesting because it deals with the 7/7 attacks, and the effect that had on NYC. I just thought that was so interesting, as many crime authors have dealt with 9/11 (Nadelson herself deals with it in 'Disturbed Earth' in a way i thought was very mature and insightful and fascinating) but not many, if any, have dealt with 7/7 yet.
    I am so in love with Artie Cohen. And with Nadelson's NYC.

9. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

5 books in one summer :eek: i feel like a book worm now :p
    ok, let's see what i got :

Gabriel Garsia Marquez - Memoria De Mis Putas Tristes
    Dan Brown - digital Fortress
    Dan Brown - Deception Point
    David Morrell - Creepers
    and now i am reeding Mark Burnell - the Third Woman

10. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Pleae, Daddy, No Its the biography of a man who suffered under the abuse of his stepfather who physically and sexually abused him and his sisters. At some point he fought back and went to prison. The book tells his story.

Its an English book. Some of the UK folk around here might know it?

11. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I'm reading 'True Evil' By Greg Iles. So far it's great. It's about how people are killing their spouses and there's only one tie. The latest victim was an FBI agent's sister. Now, she's risking everything to put the killer to justice through his next target.

I like how Greg Iles writes. It's good.

12. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I'm currently reading Dean Koontz- One door away from heaven. It was recommended by a friend.

I've started also Stephen Kings - the cell.

13. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the deathly hallows.

When I first read it I finished it in about 9 hours. ^^ Now I'm not that fast. I enjoying it more than the first time. First time I read it I mostly wanted to know who dies etc.

14. never_again

never_again Witness

When I read HP7 for the first time, I was on holiday and every time I tried to read it everyone was like "Has Harry died? What's happening! I wanna know." So it was rather hard to concentrate. :p

At the moment I'm reading "Voice of the Gods" by Trudi Canavan. It's the third in "The age of Five" trilogy. In my opinion it's amazing, it's got so much depth, the world she has created is so intricate. But yes, I'm really enjoying it!

15. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

It was really good. I just finished! I think the ending could have been better.

Anyone else read Iles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.