Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

It's "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush, I believe.

Looks pretty good on the aesthetic/cinemtography side of things. Still not sold on the storyline, but I guess my opinion could turn around based on the conclusion.

One thing though: Sara is completely submerged in water at night and the rest of the CSIs are running through the sunny desert. A tad late, perhaps?

2. Veze

Veze Rookie

I can't wait for the season premiere. So much things are going to happen... :D :D :D

Anyway, I don't really understand the problem most of you have with the storyline of Grave danger repeated or whatever. It's a TV show! Things like that happened in real life but on a TV show they have to make it happen in a short time period and to a small range of characters. That's what TV does. It's the TV game.

Seriously.... how many time did you thought it was so much irrealistic and exagerated when watching a Bruce Willis movie for exemple? But you watch it anyway cause it's an entertainment.

Personnaly, I don't care if real CSIs are burried alive or trapped under cars by psycho-killers. As long as it's well done and I'm enjoying myself watching. I'm ok with that. :cool:

(sorry if my english sucks :()

3. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Ditto Veze. Who cares how real it is. It's damn good drama and I'm sure as hell going to watch it.

4. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

See, you are part of the 'new audince' - you watch CSI for the 'drama' and not for the crime scenes and the puzzle of solving the crimes with science not police car chases. The science was never there in the entire MCSK-plot.I mss the day when I learned that certain types of mildew only affect Scandinavians (probably with some mutated allel in their genome).

I haven't watched one Willis flick yet and I don't intend to either. Here is where CSI turned their backs on the old audience and is now serving up for a new one - one that they compete with series like GA with - the personal drama avoid of anything even remotely realistic.

And how long can the same episode over and over again be entertaining?

5. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

wow, never mind the drama in CSI, there is some serious melodrama going on here!

6. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Okay, you know what? They find her, it's in the promo. And they must find her alive if she's in the first five episodes. That's what I thought.

7. kiefer1221

kiefer1221 Civilian

EDITED TO ADD: My apologies, I just found the answer on the boards "This Woman's Work," by Kate Bush.

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered, I did look long and hard on the boards for the answer. After last nights episode (August 30), they ran a promo for the first episode of season 8. It was a rather long one, 45 seconds to a minutes. I am looking for the name of the song that played in the backgound and the artist. I KNOW I have heard it before and should be able to recognize it, but I was watching the add, and did not write down the lyrics to find the song. ANY help identifying this song would be greatly appreciated.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: I know. Sara is found, she's mentioned in spoilers for episodes after #801, therefore she lives. Unless people believe these to be 'foilers' just designed to confuse us. I personally do not.

The thing of interest to me is that it looks like they may actually show how Natalie got Sara under the car in the first place, as I for one was not convinced by the whole ease of the abduction in the first place... But then, I'll admit that I'm not exactly a fan of the MCSK storyline anyway, and will never be convinced by Natalie as a serial killer, it was weak and should have been concluded long ago.

9. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Hey if this is the promo you are referring to the song is
    This Woman's Work by Kate Bush
    csi link

10. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Wow, I can't believe now much negativity is being shown over Sara. Ok, here's a question for the people who think it's over the top. Would you rather have Sara just be stuck under the car the entire episode or would you like things to happen so that it's interesting? If she did stay stuck under the car, then I'd say it's more like Grave Danger because Nick didn't really move anywhere until they rescued him. Also, I don't see how the hot desert sun, a flood, a coyote, and a car being pressed against Sara's body are even romotely similar to Nick being buried alive with a gun, tape recorder, a light that blinds him, and then after shooting said light, ants come to eat him. I'm quite excited for the premiere. Only 4 weeks left! :)

11. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

That's what I see happening. And it does make sense if it does.

12. GSRFan182

GSRFan182 Civilian

Just becasue they are looking forward to the new episodes does not mean that they are part of the new audience. I've been watching since season 1 and I am still looking forward to the new episodes. And also a lot of the science they use is not true, they do not enter crime scenes properly, and the jobs that the CSI's do, do not enter the labs. I'm going through school for Forensics, and believe me there are a lot of errors. So to say it is realistic isn't exactly right, it is all there for entertainment. Sorry this has nothing to do with spoilers I just hate all the fighting and bashing thats going on.

13. sal

sal Dead on Arrival

I think the premier is looking really exciting and i am looking forward to some great acting all round especially from William Petersen it looks like he is at his best, he is always great i thought he was brilliant in "Living Doll"

14. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I agree. Billy was brilliant in Living Doll. He gave just the right amount of frustration, saddness, and tension to pull off an amazing episode. :)

15. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

It's not really even on topic anymore. This is a "spoiler thread" and all anyone is doing is bashing a bunch of other people for what they like and dislike about the show. Can't a mod do something about it? This thread isn't even enjoyable anymore.

We're all eager to see what comes in Season 8 so why don't we all just agree on that and move on?

I've been a fan since day 1 (well probably more like the end of season 1 but still) and I'm still stressed and worried over Sara and excited for the first episode of season 8. I've even disliked a few episodes immensely (like LD) but I'm still back for more. I like the whole CSI package. I love the cases, the characters, the science, and the human (and often inhuman)element.

It's a good show. Yes... I liked earlier seasons more. For me It's 5,3,1,2,4,6,7 as for order that I liked the seasons. But... what I like most about the show is that you never know what's coming next.

Sorry... we all like different things about the show but we all like it. Why does it matter what floats our boats? I have my complaints, I'm sure you all do too because nothing's perfect. But... honestly what's so bad about a show that's going into it's 8th season pulling out a stop like this one? I'm willing to bet that Dead Doll will have more viewers than any episode before it.

Anyway... I guess the moral of all that was I've been a fan for years now and I'm not leaving, things change. The show has grown and adapted... Why is that a crime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.