Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

That promo actually made me cry. This is going to be such an intense episode. AHhhhhh! I cant wait.

2. CSI_TIME

CSI_TIME Dead on Arrival

I am sorry but the premier DOES look like a GD rip off, and because of that it looks completely boring and unimaginative to me. Just look at this last clip. You have all the cop cars racing to the get there in time, everyone scrambling to dig her out, and you even have Warrick getting upset in the SAME locker room shot!! In fact I had to look twice to see if they did not steal that shot right out of GD! They could not even come up with original camera shots for goodness sake. I literally have seen this all before- in season 5; plus I am SOOOO over the “CSI in peril” stuff. The more they release on this episode the more I don’t want to watch it. In fact I think the clips with Natlie and the coyote were almost comical. I mean really, a flood and wild animals? What’s next; fire, locusts, the plague? They need to learn when to stop adding dangers to a situation. There is a tipping point where the story goes from scary to funny and I think they have passed it. Why can’t TPTB see that less is more?! At a certain point your audience will become desensitized to what they are seeing, and for me that has now happened. I now feel nothing for Sara and I am sure that is not the reaction they were going for. Please, oh please, let CSI get back to solving cases, and not this over the top stuff!

3. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I agree with you. This is going to be an amazing episode. It made me cry when Cath is on the verge of tears when she is looking at Sara's car. It made my heart ache when Grissom get's to the car, but she's not there. I feel so sad when Warrick and Nick stumble upon Natalie's workshop and shock just consumes their faces. It made me gasp when it shows Sara completely underwater.

This promo was very well done. It make me feel so many different feelings at once. I can't wait until the 27th.

4. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

WOAAH. A flood now!? Jeese. Does she have bad luck or what?

I told my mom about the wolfes/coyotes digging in the ground and she said maybe they're actually helping her. Yeah, that's lame but she said they're known for eating humans but that's totally wrong. They don't. So maybe it starts digging a hole, it starts raining so it runs away or something. The water flows down the hole he made, Sara holds her breath, the car magically gets lifted because of the rain or she squeezes out of the hole and runs somewhere to get help. Then you see Grissom and Nick running towards the car in the day light (wasn't the flood shown at night?) and then cue Grissom's "Oh my word, where is she?" face because he's calling her name, he doesn't see her whatever so he thinks shes dead. But then they find her beside a road or something. [/random rambling]

5. LovingGrissom

LovingGrissom Victim

I respectful disagree, I think at this point in time for CSI, this direction is the best because no matter how great the writers are at writing cases, sooner or later some of audience begins to demand for more than just cases because we have seen so many cases and in almost every angle. Some of us start wanting to see more than just cases. We want to know about the people/characters who solve the cases. What makes them great at this job? The show does not have to reveal all but we need more than just the cases.

6. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

god dangit, that made me cry... my mom too
    my heart started fluuttering. they all look so desperate, sara, griss, cath, rick, nick... god
    i can't wait ... i can't wait
    my heart broke for griss
    when sara was underwater... grr... so many thoughts

really well done promo, to evoke such feelings and thoughts and such... grrrrrrr...

7. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I'm speachless. These promos are really something. Yes, I'm about to cry too. I just... wow. Sara... wow.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree wholeheartdly.. thse characters are not robots/zombies, their real people with real life issues, & real emotions..the cases rule, but the writers have pulled this off for 7 years, and seem to be doing a fantastic job, last week's re-run of 'LEAPIN' LIZARDS' came in at #2 on the ratings charts, so even in re-runs fans till watch this terrific show! I like to find the positive in all of this not the negative ;)but the promo did make me cry as well.. and the fans who don't like the direction this is taking or going. what do you want?, the cases, what cases? this is a case, of full blown angst :eek: go sit with the CSI writers, and give them your great ideas, just a thought!

9. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

hear,hear :)

10. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Wait - WHAT?! Under a car. Coyote. Flood. What's next?!?!

No...wait for it...

[​IMG]

Ah well...no Loco Motives here. We're in the 3rd quarter of Niners - Chargers...

11. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

korbjaeger: My ideas on new characters is based on a couple of things: Script writers need new people to bounce the cast off of, and the need for the show to grow. Apparently there is at least one new character in the mix in season 8 to start with, and I have a feeling of more to come.

The thought of a CSI without a Grissom or a Sara may be hard for some people to take, but the same could have been said for a Law and Order without a Lenny Briscoe or a Mike Logan. Things happen over time, just like in real life, and people move on. CBS could really manage this well, move Grisson up and out of the way, and let new characters bloom at the bottom.

Remember, in season 1 episode 1 Nick and Warrick were competing to see who would make it to level 3 first. Outside of Greg, they haven't had a single trainee come to the group since, and that is a hole that can easily be filled, giving the potential for all sorts of new dynamics.

I am also thinking after last year's all lab rat episode, there would appear to be a bigger play for people such as Archie and Hodges. That could be a move for the series to move back a little more to cases and not people, less soap opera and more crime fighting, which many people would enjoy.

People who want a soap opera can watch the Doctors on ABC instead.

12. CSI_TIME

CSI_TIME Dead on Arrival

I completely agree with you on that, and I so want that too! :D In fact nothing would make me happier but I don’t think that is what we are getting. What we are getting, IMO, are stories with the CSI’s as victims - not people.

What I loved about CSI, and still do, is leaning about who these people are through the cases they work. We leaned about Warrick’s childhood and his Grams while he investigated a case. We leaned about Gil and his mothers hearing while he worked a case, and we even leaned what Nick will and won’t accept when working a case in Redrum. We get glimpse into who these people are by HOW they work the cases they are given, not by being the case. These “CSI’s in peril” storylines seem to be drama for drama sake. I get that some people may love these kinds of storylines but I am willing to bet people will get tired of them soon. Look at shows like Lost etc that made a big splash by being over the top in storylines. They got big ratings and a lot of press by being “shocking” but that only lasted a little while. After a year or so the audiences got tired of all the “over the top” and many stopped watching. I think CSI has lasted so long because they have always been solid in the types of stories they tell and by not often going for the extreme storylines. This just seems like they are trying to hard when they don’t have to. I doubt we will learn very little about anyone in this episode. Oh we will learn that they all care and are worried about Sara, and that Sara is tough, but you know what - I already knew that. I wish I could get exited about this episode but I can’t.

As always some will love and some will hate. I just think I will be in the later group.

Just curious, how may people in real life do you know that are trapped under a car by a psychopath with a flood and a coyote?

I have nothing against real life issue, but come on these are not them.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Actually I have heard of these type of things in real life, miners trapped in Utah, a guy who cut off his own arm with a pocket knife, to free himself, from a crevice, and many other news items all the time! but this is after all a TV show, isn't it?? and on the 'one or two years fans got tired', well, we're going into 8 years and it's still top dog ;) and I always say there's that old remote right there! If I personally found so much fault with a TV show, I just wouldn't watch it! and I think everyone is entitled to my opinion :D

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative

14. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I just asked someone if they would cut their arm off if they were in that situation.

I've been thinking a lot about Sara Sidle the person and not the character. What's this like for her? What is she thinking? Does she have crazy patches? I would. Man when that water started flowing I'd freak. When the car first dropped on me, I'd freak then too. And the wolf coming... then too. Man I'd thrash around so much I'd probably nock my arm out of it's sockett and probably a few other things.

I wouldn't just chill waiting to be found. I'd be freaking out.

I'd have my calm introspective moments too. I'd even probably think up some really clever ways to get out. But I'd also begin to lose it.

What kinds of psychological things do you think she has going on?

15. CSI_TIME

CSI_TIME Dead on Arrival

Those are rare situations, but our CSI have had members kidnapped, buried alive, four members physically attacked, a daughter kidnapped, father shot and killed in front of them, drugged, stalked, and I could go on and on. By now these are not rare situations for our CSI’s, they are common hence not very RL. Plus as the show goes on they get more and more extreme, and like I said at some point it just becomes silly. There is a point at which it is too much and the viewer just checks out. For me it is having Sara trapped with a flood and coyote. Instead of drama it is comedy for me.

And yes it is eight years and still going strong but last year was when they made the romance cannon, and TPTB really went into the “personal issues” of the CSI, and the ratings went down in overall viewers. TPTB care that they are top rated, but they care more about the total number of viewers, and losing them is never good. They tried something new but I don’t think it worked like they wanted it to so now they are going back to the tested model.

Like I said I don’t plan on watching until the Sara drama is over, hopefully around the second or third episode. Now those later episodes I am very positive about! They seem to be case base episodes, which proves my point. We have GSR ending, plus are five episodes into spoilers and in not one of them do we have (with the exception of GSR) a CSI with personal drama. TPTB said they are going to let the characters breath this year, which I think, was their way of admitting that maybe they went to far last year. My opinion only and I know you don’t agree, and never will; which is fine.

BTW if you want to only hear the positive comments then I suggest you stay in the “pro” treads only. The mods have made it very clear that we can have differing opinions here and mine differ greatly from yours. You cannot accept that, nor not, it up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.