Eric and Calleigh #24 -- I Trust You With My Life

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Duquesne01, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I'm sure diver boy has a nice set...Calleigh is just too damn afraid ot find out for herself!! And yes Ali, Eric does defend Cal to Stetler. That is what this is all about; Calleigh being afraid of her emotions for Eric so she tries to push him away by choosing Jake. But Eric won't give up that easily.

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Honestly, if Calleigh isn't the least bit peeved that Jake started it all by kissing her in the middle of the lab I'll be pissed. WTF? This triangle isn't making Calleigh look very good at all. Suddenly she's like 14. I know, we all need sex, but seriously, girlfriend. The Vibrator Master 5000 serves the very same purpose and doesn't have a fucked up busted lip.

Derrick would so get the job done here. He'd just trap her between his body and a wall and plant one on her so hot they'll have to put an IV in her vagina.

3. delkolover

^^^^ :lol: :lol: Midnight you kill me :lol: :lol:

I have no idea how to respond to that b/c it just explains it all!!

4. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

In a way it's really frustrating, but in another way, I'm really interested in this side of Calleigh. She's more emotionally immature than even I expected/realized. It's not nice, or flattering, but it's very real. It makes her more human. We all know she's a little too perfect most of the time.

It's going to be great to watch her develop and mature in those aspects. The character is evolving. It should (ATTENTION: WRITERS) give Emily some really good stuff to work with.

Of course, that won't stop me feeling like I want to beat the stuffing out of Cal on occasion. This is where I recommend we impliment our drinking plan.

5. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

I love the ET vid!! It was so cute!! These two need to get together like five years ago!!!

I'm confused. Who's Derick??

6. midnight_tiptoes

Let's start a Hip Huggers drinking game! Dude, let's start a Hip Huggers drinking game.

I agree Calleigh is very emotionally immature, which is why she and Jake won't last, because he's even more immature than she is, and his priorities are fucked up. Every time they have a scene together, I can't explain it, but it's like they don't really connect, ever. Like they talk, but they don't get each other. They're just two people in completely different plain fields who happen to cross paths. They're both so involved in their own issues... they don't really see the other person.

Perfect example: Jake getting hurt. I'm sure he really needed Calleigh to be there with him. Did she go? No. She was too busy dealing with her feelings for Eric. Whereas with Eric she's able to put aside her own shit and vice versa.

7. delkolover

The problem with Jake is he is too self centered and that will eventually come out and make Cal rethink things b/c she actually cares about the people they are trying to help in their work and Jake just paints them all with the same brush. He is too quick to jump to conclusions (ie Internal Affairs) and doesn't pay attention to the evidence.

When Jake and Calleigh are in a scene together it feels like you are watching two strangers talk and hit on each other. Ya know it is like going on blind date and having things be totally ackward b/c you have nothing in common with the person you on the date with. that is how it feels when I watch them.

Derek is the evil imaginary twin us Hip Huggers created for Eric in season 4 b/c his physical characteristics (ie the hair and beard) and actions took such a dark turn. So we often refer to him when we want Eric's evil side to come out and play.

8. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I'm all for a HH drinking game. I tried a general Miami drinking game once, but when the rules include Horatio, you've inevitably necked the volume of the Aegean by the end of the teaser.

Not that that's always a bad thing with this show.

I agree with you on Jake and Calleigh. They just don't even seem to be anywhere near the same wavelength at all, whereas even Eric and Calleigh, as different as they can be or as opposing as their opinions sometimes are, they're always on the same page. I agree that it is very hard to explain.

I find it very hard to see why they were together, ever. I know Calleigh has a thing for bad boys, but I just comprehend how they ended up together. They are so far off each others' marks it's unreal.

9. midnight_tiptoes

I still maintain the thing with Jake is mostly physical. And, he doesn't back down ever. Calleigh also said she has a thing for bad boys, and he certainly fits the bill. I think deep down she wishes he was different, but if wishes were horses bestiality wouldn't be outlawed.

Other than that, nothing would keep them together. They're too volatile. Remember in the season finale when Calleigh was all judgmental regarding the mother and Eric told her that biology blah blah and she totally changed her outlook? I can't see her being that receptive to Jake. Well, not that Jake would be that considerate of another human being.

10. delkolover

Hell, in Going Under Calleigh told him to stay out of the investigation and he followed her to docks anyway and if she wasn't wearing the vest she would have been severly injured by that bullet.

Jake doesn't care about anyone but himself, all he cared about in that ep was *his* case etc. By having Cal choose him he feels like he has won the cupey doll at the county fair. It makes him feel good that even after all the time apart that he can waltz back into Cal's life and have her.

Self-centered prick! I really hope Cal's eyes open to that fact and sooner rahter than later.

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Perhaps it is Jake's attitude and boldness.

I think Eric could do well to take a hint from him. Not that Jake's any kind of role model, but Eric is almost timid around Calleigh at times. He is bold, he has all those characteristics, (in a good way, unlike Jake's arrogant way) he just doesn't exhibit them around Calleigh when things get personal. With everything else, like work, Eric knows exactly how to handle Calleigh, to push her just the right amount, to call her out when necessary. Something gets personal, he won't push it at all, probably through fear he'll push it too far. He wouldn't, of course. Jake would. But, as mushy as it may sound, Eric is totally perfect compliment to Calleigh. He knows how to handle her in every other situation, so why not this?

Personally, I think he needs to give Calleigh a bit of a nudge. To confront her, but not in an angry, overly emotional kind of way. I kind of like to see him just calmly lay it all out for her, and then leave the ball firmly in her court. She's gotta make the move.

12. delkolover

See I think that in the finale Calleigh left the ball in Eric's court and gave him the opportunity in the park after the trust line to make a move and he didn't. Jake made the first move. Calleigh wanted someone to make the choice for her and Eric dropped the ball on that.

It is like being in high school and this girl has two guys who like her but only one has the scones to ask her out and when confronted by the other guy about why she dating guy #1 she simply replies "because he asked me" That is where I feel we are at with these two.

It sounds stupid and childish but hey this is Miami we are talking about!

13. midnight_tiptoes

I think it's because Eric may be scared, too. He's never been in a serious relationship, hell, I don't think he's ever been in love. So while he's less scared than Calleigh, I think he's still scared.

He also didn't think that Calleigh's window of opportunity would close so quickly, I think. When you watch the glass shard scene in Burned, Calleigh isn't exactly opposed to having him so close. In fact, her "Eric" sounded encouraging to me. But he got shy and didn't do anything. I think he thought they could afford to flirt some more before he finally made his move, but then Jake came back and ruined everything.

I think he'll learn this season, but it's gonna hurt for a while.

14. delkolover

And hell when he does finally get to the point of confronting her about them she may even say "he (Jake) made the first move"

They are both scared. They finally sort of admitted that they have feelings for eachother but they are both soo scared of what that means that they don't know what to do about it, so nothing happened. They both ran to their separate corners and in Cal's corner was Jake; the easy way out of having to deal with her emotions for Eric.

Wonder what will happen when Jake finds out he is only a replacement? B/C while Jake is an ass, he is not that stupid or blind.

It is going to hurt for a while; for all of us. I think once Eric gets over the hurt and starts to think he may do something about it.

I would love for someone to confront Calleigh about how dumb she is being; maybe Alexx if Cal says something about how her and Eric are fighting. That would be interesting to see.

15. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

Oh, I'm loving this discussion! And everything that you guys are saying makes so much sense. I think Calleigh really was hoping that Eric would make the first move. In fact, it seemed to me that she held on until the very last moment to go out with Jake. Even in the finale, she told Jake that maybe it wasn't in the cards for them and they should just part ways. I wonder if that was because of Eric, because she was still waiting for him to make a move.

Any of you Firefly fans see the deleted scenes from the movie? There's a scene between Mal and Inara that reminds me of this discussion. They're sitting in her shuttle and they have a two-sentence conversation that goes:

Mal: Why did you leave?
    Inara: Why didn't you ask me to stay?

Gosh, that's exactly where Eric and Calleigh are right now. I love it when all my ships come together like this. It's torture, but these are the types of TV relationships I love.

I'm loving this! We should have discussions like this more often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.