Rome.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Ok, just watched the episode (finally).

I think Pullo is a moron but I will tell you he looked GREAT at the beginning of the episode when he was trying to reenlist in the guards thing.

I feel like the whole famoous "Et tu..." to Brutus won't be as meaningful, I just don't buy that Ceasar really thinks he is loyal to him. I mean, this man is so smart on so many levels, how can he miss all the obvious signs that Brutus despises him.

And call me nuts, Atia and Servilla are probably the worst mothers in the world. But Atia, for all that she has done to Octavia has FORGIVEN her daughter for a horrible act (sleeping with Octavian) and yet Servilla can't forgive her son for choosing to live rather than dying an "honorable" death.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I think Caesar suspects even of his shadow.

About Atia and Servilia,I don't think Atia really minds about Octavian & Octavia sleeping together,I think she worries more about Servilia using her daugther.I also don't think she has forgiven Octavia,imo she only wants to cover a scandal that could make her weak and she needs Octavia to marry her with a powerful man.
    In the other hand,I don't know what Atia would do to Octavian if he wouldn't succeed in politics.

And Servilia,it looks as she's using Brutus to revenge that Caesar had rejected her.And that's really horrible.

3. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I don't trust Atia, I think she was behind the attack on Servilia. As far as Servilia goes, I think she's wrong in the way she treats Brutus. I have to wonder if any of these people actually care about each other.

Caesar is the biggest hypocrite of them all. He has no qualms about having someone hanged or beheaded, yet he bows his head as an act of repentence afterwards.

4. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Oh, we know she was behind the attack on Servillia, and I do think she is a cunning bitch, I just was remarking how she at least shows affection to Octavia where as Servillia would prefer to sacrifice her son to avenge the lover that spurned her.

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Do you think Servilia will be next season?
    I suppose Atia would be 'cause she's Octavian's mother,but what about Servilia?
    At least she would be happy when her son kills Caesar and then commits a "honorable suicide" 2 years later,after being defeated by Mark Antony & Octavian.

6. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I've been wondering who will be back for Season 2. I'm assuming Caesar will meet his downfall at the end of this season. Also curious as to when Cleopatra will be back and when she will hook up with Mark Antony.

7. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I have a feeling that Nadia wont be back next season.

HISTORICAL SPOILER

Also remember that Octavia marries Mark Anthony which will happen before Cleopatra will come back.

8. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I didn't know that about Ocatavia. I'm so out of date on my history.

I think it's all coming to a head in next week's finale based on what happened in last nights ep. Lots of good things happenening right at the end.

9. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

And then we will have a really long hiatus. :(

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Who's Nadia? :confused:

Well,next ep is all about Caesar's killing.
    So,maybe,next season would begin with Mark Antony & Octavian defeating Brutus & Cassius (Cassius was his brother in law,married with Brutus' sister Iunia,Brutus was married with Porcia,Cato's daughter).

It was so short.... :( :( :(
    I wish they would know that there was going to be a 2 season so they would have shown more about Caesar,Pompey,Brutus,Servilia,....
    Only 1 ep left and no more "Rome" until 2007 !!! And without many of the main characters !!!
    I'm going to miss it.... :( :( :(

11. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

LOL; sorry, obviously I'm obsessed with Nardia, that new movie coming out. *whoops*

I think it will be Niobe not coming back next season.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Niobe? Why not?
    Pullo & Vorenus will be next season,so,I think,Niobe'll be too.

13. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

There's an interesting little mention about the season finale in Entertainment Weekly about Pullo and Vorenus, as well as Caesar and his ultimate demise.

14. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

It's just a rumor going on, and people are discussing how if Niobe leaves/dies, that will free up Vorenus for a new love interest.

15. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

Is it definite Vorenus will be back?