I Have An Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Guest, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: I Have An Episode/Character Question Thread *NO Spoilers*

You might be better asking music questions in the music forum, the mod there was the writer here at one time with regard to the music played on the show. ;)

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Thanks kaylyne! It sucks that there's no known footage, but it will put my curious mind to rest. :)

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Hi, I was wondering why there is not a youtube video thread on here like the miami board. I have made videos and posted there before and I was thinking about making one about the Vegas team, but I would love to be able to share it here. Thanks.

4. sumiko_umeko

sumiko_umeko Hit and Run

On the eposide "Leaping Lizards" on CSI" las vegas Sara found a letter adressed to her from grissom and read it, can someone explain to me what is said in the letter, there was to many quotes in it for me to understand. :p

5. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

It said:

Sara,

Our parting was awkward. I don't know why I find it so hard to express my feelings to you. Even though we're far apart,
    I can see you as clearly as if you were here with me. I said I'll miss you, and I do.

As Shakespeare more aptly wrote my sentiment in Sonnet 47:

Betwixt mine eye and heart a league is took,
    And each doth good turns now unto the other:
    When that mine eye is famish'd for a look,
    Or heart in love with sighs himself doth smother,
    With my love's picture then my eye doth feast
    And to the painted banquet bids my heart;
    Another time mine eye is my heart's guest
    And in his thoughts of love doth share a part:
    So, either by thy picture or my love,
    Thyself away art resent still with me;
    For thou not farther than my thoughts canst move,
    And I am still with them and they with thee;
    Or, if they sleep, thy picture in my sight
    Awakes my heart to heart's and eye's delight.

The sonnet trnaslated basically says that both Grissom's eyes and heart are missing Sara, but he can picture her in his mind vividly so she is always with him. He can also remember the way she talks which comforts him when he is alone. His thoughts are always with her and he thinks about her just before he goes to bed. It makes his eyes and heart joyful to think of her. That's my translation anyway. :) I hope this helps!

6. sumiko_umeko

sumiko_umeko Hit and Run

Thank you!

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

YouTube threads are at the descretion of the moderators and TallyHo and myself are discussing whether or not to have one in this forum or go as it has been. When we know you all will know. Until then you can place them in either individual Actor/actress/character threads or in the "art forum" If that helps. ;)

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Thanks. I will post it in the art forum until one is here.

9. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

"Leaping Lizards" - just saw this for the second time. So, Gil never mailed that letter to Sara, she just found it in a book by his bed while watching TV at his house?

As an aside, I want to pay tribute to this episode. It is the first one I ever watched, and I never suspected that it would turn me into such a fan. It was partly Gil's hat and his goofy crack about Marco Polo, and partly the great music. I can see now that it's an atypical episode, but now that I see it for the second time after watching every other episode ever made, I think it's one of the greats.

10. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Hey! I'm glad "Leaping Lizards" turned you into a fan. It was a really good episode. As for the letter, Grissom wrote it to Sara while he was on sabbatical in the episode Meet Market. He was going to send it to her along with the cocoon, but at the last moment he decided not to for unknown reasons. I personally believe that Grissom planted the letter there for Sara to find. If it was something he didn't want her to read, he would have either destroyed it or hid it better.

11. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Hi, GSRLuvr! When I first watched the episode, I found that scene inexplicable, as well as the one following with Gil gluing the miniature. That's without knowing any of the characters or anything about the MCSK. Now that I've seen all the rest of the series, I still find the sequence strange. They sure went out of their way to make the GSR oblique.

12. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

The sequence is strange, but wonderful at the same time. They kept it brief enough that it wouldn't cause death to those who don't like GSR, but they also made it intimate enough for us GSR shippers to love. Also, I found the scene refreshing because it was nice to see Grissom and Sara share a moment together where it had nothing to do with a case (even the bedroom scene had to do about Brass being shot). It was strange though because it didn't really fit into the episode.

13. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Hi, GSRLUVER, I think the first time I thought that Sara was his girlfriend and had saved the letter to look at when he was being weird (like going off with his dog to make models, :p). So I was surprised last night to see that the address wasn't even complete on the envelope, which made me wonder if he never even mailed it. Maybe when I see all of S7 on DVD, it will make sense. The episode as a whole really seemed to make Grissom out to be sort of child like.

14. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Okay I feel so silly, I've been looking and looking and can't seem to come up with anything. (Can't wait to start owning all the dvd's)

Wasn't there an episode where Nick and Warrick argued? It was like a one time thing,...its driving me NUTS!!! Thanks guys in advance

15. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Wasn't that close to the first episode? Didn't they have a rivalry about who would get the first X cases?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.