Danny/Lindsay #19: Clothes Aren't Necessary Or Needed!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by audacity, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxAnGeLheArtZ

xxAnGeLheArtZ Police Officer

oh stuffy, now i have to go back and re-watch! :lol: will do when i get home! eee! excited. wubs stuffy!

^^ yup, that’s what i assumed. just after lindsay accepts danny’s offer for dinner, she got the saddening/bad-memories-coming-back call. because it was so haunting and traumatic for her, she could not help but focus on it and push everything else out for now. imo.

^^^ im so sorry, Mo! thnx for catching that. bad angel for being so forgetful! *hands Mo coffee in a D/L pic designed mug* great explanation. awww! fluff-filled words (heehee :) ).

i had a D/L dream last night: danny and lindsay were investigating an office similar to their own and danny was trying to log into the computer. the computer keyboard turned out to be an actual keyboard (as in a piano) and he started playing some dance music. danny bops his head while lindsay walks in doing the butterfly in rubber flip-flops! :lol: weird!

2. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Think of it as "revenge" for making me re-watch SD a bunch of times ;) wubs you too darlin'.

:lol: that's pretty strange. I had a dream of Anna some nights ago. No DL dreams though :( not yet anyways hehe.

3. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Hey! Wow, page 3 already! At this rate, we'll be on thread #20 by the time the premiere comes out.

My answer to whether DL will move in together this season: I agree that it would be a bit too soon, but maybe in the finale, we could maybe gets some hint, like you guys have suggested.

I've updated my fic, finally, so please check it out, and review. They feed my muse, and it's getting hungry :p

If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time...

PSG xxx

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*walks in with eyes popping out of their sockets* WoW! We're all writing essays now ;)

Well, since you forgot to do all of those things :p ;) I think it's only fair if I sneak across the street and check all those place you've missed. :devil:

I think you don't have to worry about the length or the volume of your squees if something like that happens Mo :lol: There will be so much worldwide squeeing that yours will just perfectly blend in... :D

Angel I love your analyses of NWILL and LRC. :)

I still don't agree with Lindsay's behaviour in LRC. The call from Bozeman is the most plausible explanation why she couldn't go through with the date, but she should've at least called him to say that something came up and/or she didn't feel too well...she owed him (and us ;)) that. And for the hallway scene I would've prefered less (rather corny imo :() dialogue and more meaningful looks.

Mo is right about NWILL. I love those last scenes. His concern, her determination, his fear, her fear, his relief, her relief, their undeniable feelings.

[​IMG]his concern

[​IMG]her determination

[​IMG]his fear

I love that last one. That look in his eyes when he realizes she's been made sends shivers down my spine.

Stuffy doesn't he say "thank God" or "thank you" or somethink like that. That's one of the few eps I watched on Dutch TV, but as far as I can remember there was no subtitle there. :)

*leaves to make Angel some really strong coffee (Mo knows what I mean) to keep her from having those pretty weird dreams*

Hey PSG! :)

5. dl_shipper34

I don't know what he says dutch; all I know is that he says something.

I wish we had an explanation as well, but alas all we can do is make up our own. I didn't mind the dialogue too much, although I somewhat wish that she hadn't been as vague. I guess it was because she didn't want Danny to know just yet what was going on, and why she couldn't be with him at that specific point in time.

ETA: *giggles and throws a piece of coconut creme pie at dutch*

No reason, really. No reason at all ;)

6. xxAnGeLheArtZ

xxAnGeLheArtZ Police Officer

^^^ funny you should mention coffee for me. ive stopped drinking it: cold turkey. no headaches yet but a lot of yawning! :lol: i agree, it was a VERY strange dream.

fyi, not gonna be an essay post. the call by no means justifies her behavior, but yes it's the most logical explanation of WHY she couldnt go through with the date. at least tell the guy youre not coming! being stood up isnt fun at all (esp by the person you honestly truly care about).

*ETA:* he does say something, stuffy, but i couldnt make it out. is it the "youre alright, youre alright" part? *throws chocolate cake at both dutchy and stuffy*

7. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Oh, interesting subjects and so many excuses to rewatch NWILL and LRC again and again ;)

About NWILL, I can't really figure out what he says either. If you had asked me before rewatching the clip, I would have said that it goes like:
    "Lindsay, Lindsay" "Danny" "You alright?" "Yeah" "Its alright", I think it was kinf of induced by the subtitles in portuguese but I cant be sure. I listened to it again, carefully (what a pleasure!) but as before, I can't understand, though it seems to me that it's something like "You alright?" "Yeah" *Danny looks up* "Thank God" and then either "You alright?" again or "Its alright" :rolleyes: Either way, I love that scene more than anything, I love her face, and just the way they say everything, and just the way they look at each other, and I better not go on, you got ym point already :p

As for LRC, I cant think of any reason for Lindsay to do that :rolleyes: It was something that disappointed me on her, because they just didn't explain it properly. Anyway, I guess she must have been really shocked with the news (I think she really got the phone call from Montana). And what's beautiful about the episode is that even tough Danny kind of had some motive to give up on her, given the hallway talk and everything else, he didn't because he really loves her, and he knows she loves him as well, therefore he knew she must have had a reason. I think it was not easy for Danny to do what he did, which just proves that he is a great guy and that he loves her so much :) But I love how he explains her what they have, it makes me giggle :lol: And its so angst and the emotions/feeling there are so strong. Thank god they worked everything out already tough :)

D/L love is just beautiful

Aww, D/L dreams, I never had one either. At least not directly, but I kind of had a sense of D/L in my dream with Anna. Oh that weird dream still in my head :rolleyes:

8. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Hi buddies, here I am again! :)

Just had no inspiration to write a new post the last few days...I didn't feel to well and since Mo gave Danny to me for a short time, I had other things on my mind :devil:

I read something about a question (don't know who posted it): will they be moving in together this season?

Well, I think they will. But I think they just don't notice it. You know, when Lindsay constantly goes to Danny's place and then suddenly realises she hasn't been in her own place for ages. :lol: And when she finally goes back to her own apartment, she finds an empty space, 'cause she's moved her stuff out without realising she did! One piece at a time...

But seriously, I think Danny could be the one bringing it up first, but Lindsay will have thought about it by then.

Liff, how are you doing? Feelin' better again? And you too, Mo! Did Danny take good care of you too? ;)

Well, I'm gonna go, catch some sleep....BTW: my son slept through the night for the first time in 6 (!) months! Yay!

9. dunni

dunni Civilian

Hi!
    This is my first post. I'm a csi ny addicted and I love D/L.
    These two are very funny together and they're an explosive mixture! ;)
    I've been a M&M since last winter, since Zoo York, where Lindsay became the new member of Mac Taylor's team. So, in this episode, I could see the strange feeling between Linsday and Danny.
    However, I decided to came here when my friend abby convinced me to become a stronger supporter of this relationship :lol:
    Can I join? :lol:

10. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Ofcourse you can! Welcome! And most of us shippers are shipping since Zoo York. It was so obvious they belonged together, you just couldn't miss it. :lol:

Hope to see you more often! Did you know there's a place called GutterVille? It's very nice... ;)

11. dl_shipper34

Ahoy there dunni!! Are you from DLC? Your username sounds familiar...

Welcome aboard the Dantana! Please enjoy this complimentary packet of M&Ms, the symbol of our couple. We're one crazy bunch here, but we're just a big happy family :D

*throws celebration confetti into the air*

12. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Hiya my dearies! *Mo shimmey's into the thread, quite glad it's Thursday evening...cuz that means tomorrow is Friday and we all know how much Mo LOVES her Fridays! :lol: Not quite as much as she loves our couple though!* :D

Wow nice discussion we got goin' on in here y'all! I have to say, that while I don't really like how Lindsay handled the not calling Danny after standing him up...but at the same time, I can't be mad at her. Maybe it's studying too much Psych in college...or just being incapable of seeing bad in my Linds dear...but either way I just see how tramatic it must have to been to have thought she put this horrid horrid event behind her only to have it pop up again in the worst possible way! Not only does she find out this guy is back, but now she has to face him again. I don't like that she stood Danny up, but I can understand that all she wanted to do was make it through...and yes she could have called him and yes she could have broken down with him...but I think she was afraid that once she started to show emotion she wouldn't be able to stop and she had to make it through the trial before she could do that! I do think that there is a good possibility she had a good cry-fest with him after court! :D

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Dutch is right on this one...I know we had a huge discussion about it after the eppy originally aired...and I think it was finally decided that he says "Thank God"...at least that's what I remember! I may have to go re-watch the HUG several dozen more times though, just to make sure! ;) (Yeah I know, it's a tough job...but someone's gotta do it! ;) Lol! :lol: )

No worries hon, it's no big deal! ;) Although I'll always take coffee! :D

Lol, yeah it probably couldn't hurt to ya know...double check all those places just in case I missed something when I didn't check them! ;) Lol! :lol:

Lol! :lol: And what a glorious sound that would be! It would be...yet again...the Squee heard 'round the world! Although the way things have been going with our ship, those are starting to get normal! (Not that that makes them less special...just more often! :D )

Alright I'm off...I've got a soccer game to get ready for! :D See y'all later! ;)

*Mo scoots out of the thread...stretching in her fluffy bubble as she shimmers away!*

13. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I wish like others, that Lindsay gave Danny some sort of explanation why she couldn't go out with him in "LRC". I'm glad that they finally got together but if she just told him the TRUTH (I know, it's tv right!) it would have been better.

As far as coffee goes, I can see Danny drinking a cup of plain, black cup of coffee. I can actually see Lindsay not drinking cofee but a cup of tea. Teas not bad! :)

14. daytimedrama

daytimedrama Dead on Arrival

I was watching LRC this morning (I tivo'ed it) and my mom was like "oh that's your show"
    me: "yes this is the episode where Lindsay says she can't go out with Danny"
    My mom, with a slight panicked voice: "but they get together later in the season right?"
    me: "YES!!"

aha she is totally understanding now!

I find it much more relaxing to watch LRC now that SD has aired. I always liked it, but I find being firmly Canon so comforting.

15. DAnNSfreak

DAnNSfreak Rookie

daytimedrama , I can relate! My mum's my CSI NY viewing buddy and just a couple of days ago during the commercial of Past Imperfect:
    Me: Guess what's gonna happen during the finale?
    Mum: Danny/Lindsay, right?
    Me: YESSSS!!!!!!!!
    Mum: *rolls eyes*

Very true, the heart-breaking scene at the end is so much better now that we know it's a happy ending. Who else is hoping Danny proposes by the end of Season Four? *innocent grin*

Welcome aboard dunni! *waves*

And about Danny saying 'I Love you' after the hug. Seriously?? *Dashes off to watch the clip for the 40-something time*

And HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY to CARMINE!!! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.