Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Well, Catherine didn't do a good job undercover CSI. Nick wouldn't act that way if he didn't see the cup. Catherine should trust her teams. Step up could be anything, it may not be supervisor. I'm not said that Warrick and Nick could do it, I picture them as a outdoor boys, they love to go out and get the bad guys.

I agree with you about one thing, let talk about the spoiler instead about the step up. I don't intend to believe Carol anymore, she said that last season that Nick will have a break down and we didn't see it. I will believe when I see it.

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Agreed lostladyknight. Nick turned everyone against Catherine. Why would he be a good leader?

ABout the WL thing, I've looked at it from all points of view and I've changed my mind. He has actually been a very interesting character who has spent the same amount as Greg has. IMO, he's earned his dues(not that you need my approval or anything),

With the whole Warrick thing, your right I don't have alot of good examples of good leadership. However, I have a BUNCH of bad examples for poor ole Nicky. Gum Drops, Fannysmackin, and Redrum just to name a few. I don't know. Is having a loose cannon as a leader a good idea?

^^Everything above is HEARSAY!

P.S. Did I mention I'm a fan of Nick? Cause I am!

3. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

you know what, i've always expected Nick to excel. i've said from the beginning, 'in the end, Nick's going to be something big, important.' and how you guys see it as: Nick made the whole team go agaist catherine, that's the complete opposite!!! catherine kept a HUDGE secrect from HER team. as nick said, they trust her with their lives, the least she could do was trust them with that. are you guys telling me that you wouldn't be mad if you were left out of a big loop like that? i'd be PISSED!!! Nick has done some 'not-so-good' choices, but he's grown up now, STILL growing up. Nick, as Hodges said, was BORN for greatness!!! i don't see how you guys don't think Nick's a fit leader.

i'm a HUDGE Nick fan. i LOVE Nick!! if Nick died, i'd stop watching the show. i LOOVEEE nick!! he's amazing at his job. he's not like Grissom, as he already said TO grissom, and he doesn't care if he gets it.. he's humble. that's what, i think, makes an amazing leader.

hmm... nick wouldn't do well under pressure... HE FREAKEN STAYED ALIVE IN A PLASTIC COFFIN FOR OVER... WHAT, 24 HOURS?! how's the 'can't deal with pressure'. warrick even admited, he wouldn't of made it that far.

CSI would get a whole knew spin if Nick was supervisor. not a bad spin, a new, fresh spin. i'm excited!!!

if CM's just trying to trick us, and just mixing up her words. maybe the 'Nick will step up' and the 'the question is, Grissom is the supervisor, but who's the supervisor in waiting?' are two COMPLETELY different spoilers.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with Emily. Catherien does kept a secret from her teams that she know for 7 almost 8 years, she know Keppler, what? 4 weeks. She should trust her teams instead listen to the undersheriff (I blame him.) Catherine doesn't like to kept secret from her teams and she knew the teams will find out sooner and later. All she has to do use her cell phone and text them if she don't want the undersheriff to know. Catherine forgave Nick later in the episode.

The teams work together better then separated.

5. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Well she didn't trust them, she lied and tampered with drug-evidence. Nick looked out for the integrity of the lab and the rights of the falsely accused. It was his work that finally got the man behind bars, Cath's stunt backfired. Nick had integrity in this case, not Cath. She should have stood up and clued her team in on the deal.

This I don't get, because Cath helped save Nick in GD she can do anything? Even jeopardize the lab and Nick should turn a blind eye because it's Cath? That would be very bad leadership.

Frindship is not always about aiding you when you falter. It's about showing you the way. Which Nick did, because Cath did some enourmous mistakes and the guy walked because of her lousy leadership. Nick's leadership style got the man behind bars.

And where was Cath's trust in her 'family' at the point? Can you lead a team with deception?

Nick undeniably has what it takes, Grissom thinks so - he did suggest him for the lead CSI position after all.

6. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

S_Bright, i agree with you COMPLETELY!! i don't see what you guys have against Nick. he's shown himself to be an amazing leader, friend, and college. Grissom has all the qualities of being a supervisor... BECAUSE HE IS A SUPERVISOR!! Nick has learned, and he's still learning. give him a chance! don't be so quick to judge. opened minded is also key in being a good supervisor. Grissom and Catherine have made many mistakes. you're just looking at all the bad things Nick did, and not at the good. I'm completely excited for season 8 now that i've heard on Nick steping up!

Warrick- i can't really see him being the best supervisor. yes, he would be good, but he wouldn't be the best.

Catherine- she already has the skills. there's TWO shifts going on here people; swing and grave. catherine gets one (if billy/grissom leaves) and nick gets the other.

greg- he's a newbie. just got in the CSI field. i'd be ticked off if Greg got the CSI position. i don't think he's really earned it yet. yes, he's a VERY smart person, but he still has some learning to do.

Sara- she's not really one to step in and take control of a situation like a supervisor has to do. Sara, if nick became supervisor, would be like Catherine with Grissom. very, very close. and warrick would be catherine's right hand. :D

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Oh well, some don't see what others have against Nick. Some don't see what others have against Catherine. Different points of view make discussions interesting. I think it'd be boring if everyone just agrees. :D

That being said, I do agree that Catherine loves Nick and looking back at the past seasons, I think she's the one who's looked after him the most. She might have made a mistake unwillingly with the reverse forensics deal, but you can't deny her just for that and forget what she's done for him over the years. And to be frank, while I admire Nick for being sensitive, good at observation and for his standing up for the team, I don't think he was completely right, either. While he doubted Catherine's trust in him and in others, he just showed that he didn't have enough trust in her (JMO, don't hit me. lol). But that's past anyway. If they still get along now, why can't their fans? :D

Back to the spoilers, I am not looking forward to Billy's and Marg's departures, but I know eventually they will leave someday. Although TPTB made me think Warrick would be the one who'd take over the team in the early seasons, I wouldn't mind seeing Nick filling the position. It would be interesting to see how his character develops.

8. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

I really don't want Billy and Marg to leave, the feel of the show will be completely different, but i'm not going to worry myself with this until anything becomes official.

The premiere seems so far away :(

9. Gemmmm

Gemmmm Victim

Eeeeek!I read up the page a little bit that Grissom might be leaving?Is that true?!I can't imagine it?And it's starting to make everyone think about how the show's going to end,which is wierd.I don't want it to end! And there might not be a season 9?!What's going on?!I reckon that Sara will be back in this season. I can't wait to see it!When does the first episode air?And on what channel?

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I think the season 9 thing came from me, so don't worry. It's not a spoiler, merely a mention of the fact that the show, as with all others, is subject to review each year. We won't know if it's renewed for another season until after March time next year.

The first episode of the new season airs on September 27th. I think, like myself, you are in the UK Gemmmm, so it won't air until January 2008. :(

11. Goz

Goz Victim

For all UK people the world of Torrents is a wonderful place for folk like me who doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance of lasting 'til January 2008! :D

12. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I was thinking about not tursting the spoilers that CM releases... well maybe she realeases ones that they intend to have happen but then just don't make their way into the story? Like seh's spoilling later on in the season and it just doesn't come to pass...

Oh and tow more things on the rebuttles to my Nick's a damn poor leader thing then I'm officially dropping the issue foever. Even for the sake of conversation.

1. Someone said that Catherine broke their trust. Well in my eyes she did nothing wrong. Okay she did a lot wrong, but she was fundamentally right. She was trying to catch the criminal. I'm the kind of person that has unyielding faith in people. For instance in reading Harry Potter my faith in Snape never failed me for a second. No matter how much people told me he was evil I stood by my belief that he was not. I've done it with friends before too... and in the end been proven right. Someone said that if someone decived you you wouldn't trust them anymore. Well that's a shame because trust is fundamental. It's not conditional and only lasts until the person does something of question. I believe in people, no matter what. I guess it's just a person to person thing.

2. I just wanted to make it very clear that I adore Nick Stokes. The character is great. I've frequently said that I'd like to end up with a man with a lot of his qualities. He is, in a sense, my ideal guy. Now I'm not trying to go all crazy fangilr on you, I just wanted that out there. There are no characters on the show that I have any detestation for, not even Nick. Not even Tina, though she does make me pretty mad. Back in the day I did have a pretty powerful dislike of Sara but even that has been quelled in recent years. Anyway... I don't dislike Nick in the slightest. I would probably defend his character to someone else... but I think he's done some really questionable things.

13. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

everyone has done questionalbe things, that's how they eventrually get to right, by learning from their mistakes. Nick trusts people... but people should trust him. i believe in trust, but i also believe in forgiveness

i don't see the sense in dragging this argument on for much long, because no matter what, i think we're gonna disagree. It seems like now, catherine and nick are good. forgiven and forgotten. but, i do want to just say: forcus on the GOOD things he did. everyone has done questionable things in their lives, and some amzing things in their lives. it's just your perspective. i love nick stokes to pieces, and i'm so happy that's getting so much respect now. in the early season, not alot of people believe that he was a true CSI... to 'lady's man', 'all-that'. but nick proved them wrong. Catherine and Grissom are AMAZING supervisors. as grissom said, the job of the supervisor is to make it so that one day, someone can take his place. It's not a punishment to catherine or grissom, or even warrick for that better. THEY'VE given Nick the skills he has now that makes him a good CSI. ok, i'll shut up and i'll drop this topic.

14. SweetLadee_23

SweetLadee_23 Victim

I got this summery for Dead Doll and Guess whos not on the list. :eek:(I know they wanna keep it secret). :(

The Futon Critic:

THE CSI TEAM RUSHES TO FIND SARA, THE LATEST VICTIM OF THE MINIATURE KILLER, AS HER LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE IN THE VEGAS DESERT, ON THE EIGHTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, SEPT. 27

"Dead Doll" - Sara's fate remains in question as the CSI team rushes to find out if she survived an attack by the miniature killer, on the eighth season premiere of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, Sept. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    Hodges: Wallace Langham

RECURRING CAST:

Sofia Curtis: Louise Lombard

GUEST CAST:

Natalie Davis: Jessica Collins
    Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell
    Dr. Kachler: Zach Grenier
    Zapata Childs: Larry Hankin
    Security Guard: Patrick Renna
    Chopper Pilot: Ben Skorstad
    Paramedic #1: Jeffrey D. Stevens
    Paramedic #2: John Everlove
    Medi-Vac Pilot: M. Evan Jensen
    Gina Cancelliere: Gina Cancelliere

WRITTEN BY: Dustin Lee Abraham and Allen MacDonald

BASED ON A STORY BY: Naren Shankar, one of the series' executive producers

DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink, one of the series' executive producers

RATING: TV-14

The Futon Critic

Also, Anna Belknap (can't remember how to spell) is put on as a recurring cast for CSI NY. :confused:

*Edited: To make addy a url clickable.*

15. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Why isn't Sara Sidle on the list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.