Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sumiko_umeko

sumiko_umeko Hit and Run

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

I'm actually gald that the new character they are hiring is only going to be in it for 4 eposides, I hope the producers don't change there mind and keep her full time, it will takescreen time off others. :(
    I wonder what is her purpose for only being there 4 eposides, it makes me think she got a important role to play with the minture killer, or she'll have a fate like Holly Gribbs. I read on CBS website that she was a new CSI and from the article someone posted ( Thank you for posting it, it had very good info...and funny hats XD) it said that she might me a lab tech. I'm thinking lab tech.

2. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

In "Ellie" Grissom made it very clear who he wanted to step up in his absence. It's not right if they go messing with the framework they dropped years ago. However if they were going to I think it should be Greg that steps up. The obvious choice would be Catherine and I'm saying that only in a position where she couldn't then it should be someone else. Greg would be a good choice in the long run, later on. He's the one with the mind for it. He's the one that would be willing/able to think otside the box enough to solve even the most confusing of cases and he'd do it well. He's got the kind of personallity that would really thrive leading a team of investigators. Can you imagine how much fun he'd have with his own pet CSIs?

3. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Maybe the "smart" part of S8 is that they will give us so many major changes to worry about that the GSR resolution will start to seem like a very small thing in comparison!

4. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

Well, Greg is very intelligent and he's a very good CSI, but he still has a lot to learn. He hasn't been a CSI for long and in my opinion, he's still a student. All of them are students, actually, but while the others are also teachers, Greg still isn't. CSI would have to last a few more years for us to see Greg as supervisor. I don't think that will ever happen.
    In my opinion, if Catherine can't be supervisor, then Warrick should be.I think he did a very good job in "Ellie". Nick is a great CSI, but I can't really see him as supervisor yet. And Sara? Well, I love her very much, she's my favorite character and my favorite CSI (I love the way she works)but I also don't see her as supervisor. She's someone that loves working in the field and although I've never seen her complain, I don't think she would like doing paperwork. If she was supervisor she would have to cut back on her field time and spend more time behind a desk. She would get frustrated very soon and she wouldn't do a good job because of that frustration. Although, she is a good teacher, so maybe if not supervisor, she could be lead CSI. That I would go for. That is, if Sara stays in the lab after Grissom leaves (and I don't think she will)

5. lostladyknight

No Greg won't get it uless everyone else laves in one of those really odd "everyone moving on" Friends type endings. Then Greg could be Joey and have a spinoff.

Greg's got the right mind for it but he's too young. Sara's not stable enough. Nick's got the personality of a Sidekick. He's like Robin to Grissom and/or Warrick's batman, depending on the episode.

6. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

Nick stepping up? i deffinatly see that coming. come on you guys, you haven't noticed Nick growing up and becoming more like... a man? i think i saw it coming from the beginnning when they always said 'Nick has alot to learn' and stuff, i knew that he would sooner or later, rise above and get respect as a true CSI. i, personaly, LOVE the idea of Nick being a supervisor. He's grown, i think, the most over all the years. Sidekick? i don't think so. He as the passion and the drive of being a good supporvisor. i think he's proven himself to be capable of being a supporvisor. look at 'Gum Drops'. Nick was the leader through the whole thing. yes, he did make it personal but that's who Nick is. the only thing i'm worried about is what would happen to my ship... :confused:

7. lostladyknight

Meh. I stand by my statment.

I think that the writers spent so much effort trying to give the characters "baggage" that they didn't really address the idea that someone else would have to step in for Grissom, some day. And if that event were to come... they've been conditioning Catherine from the get go. I can't see it being anyone but her anyway. They probably mean Nick's going to step up in another way.

8. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I can actually see Nick becoming Supervisor after Gil is gone. I thought he was very strong during Gil's sabbatical, when Catherine and Keppler were doing the reverse forensics. It was Nick who thought it Catherine's secrecy was very wrong and pulled the rest of the team together...not Warrick. I think that Nick has shown that he has grown alot, that he has great integrity and that he has the trust and authority to pull the team together.
    Now having said that, Gil is still my first choice for Supervisor and the reason that I watch the show.

As for Greg, he's still a CSI Level 1 or maybe 2? He's too young and green to become Supervisor yet.

I do think that Season 8 will be Billy's last season though. I think he really wants to get back into theatre.

9. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Whoa ! What ? Billy leaving ? Hope it's not true . It'll be a very bad thing .
    Someone to replace Grissom ? From the team I would like Warrick or Catherine . Nick , I dunno he's just not ... not the leader type . Sara either . Greg is a beginner . But my guess is that if Grissom would leave , they'll bring someone else , a new charater to take his place .
    Let's hope Billy is not leaving and this are all foilers .

10. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

i'm agreeing with gilsgal. Nick has definatly show great leader skill, i don't see how you guys don't see that. in "the good the bad and the dominatrix" Hodges kept complimenting on how good Nick is and he said: "so humble. you know, some people are just born for greatness." and in "mea culpa" (the episode when the team splits up) ecklie even said "you're a one man army".

i, ofcourse, still love Grissom as the supervisor. i don't want Nick to just.. take his place but if he leaves, nick would be great as a supervisor too. But, i do agree that Catherine IS better suited for the job, but she has swing shift. MAYBE catherine will take Grave and Nick will get swing. just a thought.

if the "nick will step up this season" doesn't actualy mean 'step up to supervisor', what else would it mean? i have an idea on my mind, but it's a little shippy:p

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

You know, actually it's neither spoiler nor foiler. Just really a discussion about what may/may not happen in season 9, if indeed there is a season 9 and therefore not really relevant to the beginning of this season at all... It is believed that this is William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger's last year on their current contract, and as such they are likely to renegotiate or leave at the end of the season.

So really, Nick stepping forward is the only spoiler, which doesn't seem very popular but as it's related to this year it clearly doesn't mean he will be supervisor but I would read it as merely a possible suggestion of something/a storyline that Nick may have this season. :p

12. AnneM

AnneM Dead on Arrival

WHAT!? :eek: I don`t want Grissom to leave! And is it not sure that there will be a season 9 csi?
    Nick as a supervisor will work.
    But I can`t imagin Gilbert Grissom leaving.
    Isn`t it Gilbert? I belive it is.

I am a little behind on spoiler & foilers and discusion now, sorry. School started this week :( I have to get up 06.30am to get to school 07.50. I can`t keep up on my presus CSI. :(

13. angeldreams

angeldreams Witness

You all seen the new promo pics right??

Aww, Griss and Nick desperatly trying to dig Sara out. Atleast it looked like that until I maxed it up. Well, a month left. Almost.

Can't believe I'm back. Been trying for ages to get back here.

14. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

omg so many new spoilers!! Hopfully everything will work out ok and that everyone renews their contracts lol!!

15. angeldreams

angeldreams Witness

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.