Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

*shrugs* Opinions.

And I agree that Catherine was saying it in a sarcastic way (I think this is what I really meant instead of joking, I just couldn't find the right word. Pardon me, English isn't my first language). I think she wasn't impressed that Grissom wanted her to work on another case now that the team were finally back together. But that's just me. :) And I said that she loved/hated being the Swing Shift supervisor. I didn't say she totally hated it. And the reason why I think it would be wrong to have Catherine supervise Swing isn't whether she'll have a problem or not. It's just not right work ethic-wise. Grissom is the one who broke the rule and it's him who needs to pay for that, not Catherine. If paying means team-split, then Grissom should be the one who gets removed from Graveyard, not Catherine. It's not about Catherine at all.

And thanks for the reminder. I'm a regular in this thread and I'm perfectly aware that everything in this thread is just spoiler/speculation. I don't think I'm being worked up here. :)

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I agree with everything except for Grissom's "mistake." I don't think Grissom made a mistake at all. He and Sara have been together for a while now, as the writer's have stated in numerous interviews, and they've managed to hide the relationship quite well.

I would believe that it was a mistake if their relationship affected the team effectiveness, but I don't believe it did.

Think of this way. If you worked with your current crush, boyfriend/girlfriend, or wife/husband wouldn't you still want to be with them even though it could be considered "unethical?" Yes, in the past it was considered quite unethical, but times are changing and office or work relationships are becoming far more accepted than what they once were.

Ok, enough of that. :) I wonder why they decided to change Vivian Lee to Veronica Lake? I think it's probably because of the "Gone With The Wind" jokes. I know when I watched that audition video of the girl who tried, but didn't get the part, it made me cringe when they made a
    "Gone With the Wind" crack about her name.

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ lol by mistake, I wasn't talking about the relationship itself (personally I'm not interested in talking about it at all). As far as I know, there are rules that prohibit such relationships in government organs. I was talking about his breaking the rule at work. That was what I meant by mentioning mistake. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think they'll probably use that one for drama material. :)

4. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

Well, the first time the team was split it was to punish Grissom for his "mistake". Ecklie wanted to hurt Grissom and he didn't even think about what it would do to other people.
    Considering the fact that the first time it happened, Grissom wasn't happy with the way his team was treated, I don't think he'll be fine with it this time.
    But you know what? Right now it doesn't really matter. I'll wait until I see the episode.
    I do think that other people will think Grissom made a mistake, but to Grissom and Sara it wasn't a mistake. They are in love, they're in a loving relationship and they always loved working together, so they kept doing it and up until now, it never hurt anyone. It would have stayed that way for a very long time, if it wasn't for Natalie.
    As WP said, Grissom didn't want anyone to find out about his relationship with Sara, not because he was ashamed of it, but because he knew it would bring trouble. Now it's out in the open and they'll have to live with the consequences of what other people consider a mistake. I actually can't wait for it.It's time to see just how strong their relationship is (which I think is very, very strong).

5. chip1989

chip1989 Dead on Arrival

ooo i like that trailer!! it seems hopefull for Sara :)

6. Veze

Veze Rookie

About the new character... pretty girl big boobs... I'm afraid of what they're doing with the show. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see it all :p :p :p

7. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

yeah, I'm not particularly impressed with their casting choice, either :(.

8. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

Count me in as not happy with the new girl. I think she looks like she'll be a pain in the butt and not fit in.

9. FireIvyGoddess

FireIvyGoddess Victim

I think we need to give this new actress a chance before condemning her on anything. Besides, this is a thread for spoilers and not how horrible/amazing we think TPTB's casting choices are.

10. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

I completely agree with you.
    Apparently there's a new article on TVguide. The article says "Can Grisson save Sara?" (or something like that) and it has new pictures. Does anyone have that magazine?

11. Chadini

Chadini Witness

According to CBS, the character of Veronica Lake is only going to be around for 4 episodes.

Source:
    CBS Press Release

12. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Did they change her name from Vivian Lee or is that someone else?

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes they changed the name...

So glad to hear that!! Another character was so unNecessary!! Yeeahhh

Ok Got some scoop on ep 804 but not much yet,(not even the name) hope to have more later. Nick & Warrick are working together in this one.

Hodges hovers over Grissom's shoulder - again! Missing the old days when they worked the MCSK (says he)LOL

Also Sofia IS in this episode, so for now she's still around.

14. Veze

Veze Rookie

Thank Wojo!

Great news. Nick and Warrick together. It's been a while

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Beat me to it. I was just coming to post that. :lol: For 4 episodes I can handle it. I just wonder who is going to be on the short end on screen time while she's there.

I found this over on YTDAW. It's from TV Guide's sneak peek. I think they said it was out this week.

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.